Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 837 838 [839] 840 841 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2409097 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12570 on: January 28, 2015, 02:35:00 pm »

Perplexicon wIthdrawal.

God i loved the classic versions.

On a related note: can the deathcube summon motorcycles? I never did manage to do that in perplexicon.
Sort of.

I should run a perpelxicon game again some day. Though, it would probably be to the detriment of ER, or at least the lesser updating. Hm.

What I really should do is finish and release the Perplexicon rules.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12571 on: January 28, 2015, 02:36:25 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12572 on: January 28, 2015, 02:40:17 pm »

Gahh, perplexicon withdrawl.  I've got that too, and none of the spinoff games lasted long enough/were interesting enough to sate the addiction...  What is the interest in boring arena combats, anyway?

Makes me want to dig up my system for a team based city conquering Perplexicon game, but I know I just don't have the time to run it.  And I would probably lose interest and drop it after a while anyway.  :(

@PW

I don't care if it's to the detriment of ER.  I love ER dearly, but if you could run something like Mad Max With Wizards, then I would love it so much more.  That game, as you originally described it, was about the most awesome game I can possibly imagine.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12573 on: January 28, 2015, 02:41:30 pm »

Still answering questions?

What if Leo set off the bomb?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12574 on: January 28, 2015, 02:47:30 pm »

Still answering questions?

What if Leo set off the bomb?
Probably several permadeaths and having to rebuild the building. Slow things down in general.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12575 on: January 28, 2015, 02:51:20 pm »

Leo set us up the bomb.

Take my gains back onto tge ship and inspect me recovered leg thoroughly.

Its best not to get too greedy lest i anger the universe.

Who are you and what have you done with the real Auron?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12576 on: January 28, 2015, 02:55:03 pm »

I think it's a natural part of the dragon progression. This is the intermediate period between the wrecking and stealing shit phase and the paranoid living in a cave atop a bed of your own loot phase.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12577 on: January 28, 2015, 03:03:08 pm »

Gahh, perplexicon withdrawl.  I've got that too, and none of the spinoff games lasted long enough/were interesting enough to sate the addiction...  What is the interest in boring arena combats, anyway?

Makes me want to dig up my system for a team based city conquering Perplexicon game, but I know I just don't have the time to run it.  And I would probably lose interest and drop it after a while anyway.  :(

@PW

I don't care if it's to the detriment of ER.  I love ER dearly, but if you could run something like Mad Max With Wizards, then I would love it so much more.  That game, as you originally described it, was about the most awesome game I can possibly imagine.
Hm...I have been working idly on a setting that might work for something like that, honestly. Not originally what I had in mind for it but might even be more close to the "mad max" part.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12578 on: January 28, 2015, 03:04:44 pm »

I think it's a natural part of the dragon progression. This is the intermediate period between the wrecking and stealing shit phase and the paranoid living in a cave atop a bed of your own loot phase.

Hm.  Fair point.  I hadn't made the dragon link yet, but it is totally apt.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12579 on: January 28, 2015, 03:11:44 pm »

"Youcanthavemeum" is an ill omen for dragons, kobolds and capitalists.

It warns of great danger and poor fortune to those who press their luck, so ima sit back and make plans while i wait for new omens.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12580 on: January 28, 2015, 04:02:53 pm »

Are you still giving hints? If yes, any vagueries on my potion (3)?

And maybe, maybe do a final TEN turn someday?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12581 on: January 28, 2015, 04:09:37 pm »

What, if any, in game effect does honoring the Pantheon give?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12582 on: January 28, 2015, 04:10:56 pm »

Does endless annoyance of teammates count?  :P

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12583 on: January 28, 2015, 04:13:59 pm »

Merely annoying teammates ranks pretty nicely on the scale, considering what else teammates do to each other around here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12584 on: January 28, 2015, 04:14:33 pm »

A roll of a particular dice.
Are you still giving hints? If yes, any vagueries on my potion (3)?

And maybe, maybe do a final TEN turn someday?

Lumberjack.

Also damn it.

Pages: 1 ... 837 838 [839] 840 841 ... 2205