Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2311562 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« on: January 28, 2014, 06:12:36 pm »

This is the ER OOC thread. Talk about whatever you feel like here.

I've wanted to get into ER but was unable to find a signup sheet anywhere.
It's a bit of a mess because of how it evolved over time. You can sign up and get into the game at anytime by just posting a sheet on the "On ship" thread here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.0

That thread has a link to our Wiki too, which is a great resource run by my players. My suggestion is you head to our OOC thread (linked on the OP of the "On Ship" thread) and talk to the player base. They'll give you some ideas as to how to build a character and help set you up. We also have a character builder application here: http://parisbre56-phpexperiment.rhcloud.com/character_creation.html  And a new player guide here: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/New_Player_Guide
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:14:36 pm by piecewise »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Subforum.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:18:31 pm »

In favor of this.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 06:18:55 pm »

Hmm. Well, I'm not against it.
Can this be the OOC thread?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 06:21:13 pm »

Hmm. Well, I'm not against it.
Can this be the OOC thread?
Once the conversation about this subforum is over, if it is decided against, I see no problem with scavenging this thread to be the OOC one, just to save space. But for now, keep it subforum related.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 06:22:37 pm »

Mkay.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 06:23:36 pm »

I declare my support. Perhaps if he heard testimony on the exact magnitude of the game, on how it's pretty much a third of the RTD forum anyways already? And also how there's no other RTD, hell, any other Forum Game at all that has more or equal justification for having a sub-forum than ER.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:25:48 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 06:24:15 pm »

+1 to subforum
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 06:27:32 pm »

I declare my support. Perhaps if he heard testimony on the exact magnitude of the game, on how it's pretty much a third of the RTD forum anyways already? And also how there's no other RTD, hell, any other Forum Game at all that has more or equal justification for having a sub-forum than ER.

That would probably help, but I'd like someone besides me to do it.

Namely because I would feel like a bragging asshole.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 07:04:01 pm »

My vote is uncertain. I would need to see statistics of how much of the forum itself that ER takes up, and also listen to others' opinions.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 07:06:00 pm »

I'm for it, as I stated earlier. ER really needs some organization, and short of migrating over to like rpol.net (which I doubt any/everyone would want to do, and cause the additional problem of how to get all the stuff that's already been posted over there) or something this is the best chance of getting it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 07:10:02 pm »

I say aye.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 07:21:54 pm »

+1
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 07:24:57 pm »

I'm fine either way.
A subforum would be nice and would make things A LOT easier. We can't migrate to another forum, not without a significant amount of work. Even if we could, I would say we shouldn't because this forum and its users are part of what makes this game great in my opinion.
In the end however, it's the moderator's decision. If he thinks it would be bad or hard to do or it will spark controversy or whatever, then I think we should respect that. ER won't die without a subforum. At least I hope it won't.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 07:27:25 pm »

I'm fine either way.
A subforum would be nice and would make things A LOT easier. We can't migrate to another forum, not without a significant amount of work. Even if we could, I would say we shouldn't because this forum and its users are part of what makes this game great in my opinion.
In the end however, it's the moderator's decision. If he thinks it would be bad or hard to do or it will spark controversy or whatever, then I think we should respect that. ER won't die without a subforum. At least I hope it won't.
^This, pretty much. I think it would have organizational qualities, but we might wanna wait to check and make sure that we're not pissing in anyone's coffee here.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 07:31:43 pm »

I vote in favor of the subforum
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 2205