Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 216039 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER
« Reply #375 on: May 15, 2014, 04:09:22 pm »

Deadlier?  You should ask Simus about the grenades she's made.  I'm not sure you could get much deadlier than hers without a nuclear grenade.

Maybe, but some nades could be better in certain situations than the ones we currently have.

For example, once I continue working on the sticky goop I'll try to design a grenade version that's compatible with existing launchers, to deal with groups of civvies from a distance (since the normal goop thrower won't have a lot of range).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 15, 2014, 05:21:49 pm »

Deadlier?  You should ask Simus about the grenades she's made.  I'm not sure you could get much deadlier than hers without a nuclear grenade.
FOOF. Or Antimatter. Or MIRV grenades. Or something.

FOOF: Welp, there's much less data on it, but I still doubt it has anything on ClF3.  Plus, from what I can tell, it's even more difficult to contain and keep.
Antimatter: Just a more difficult way to get the same result as nuclear, I would think.  Not to mention that it will react much worse if you damage the containment.
MIRV:Doesn't a MIRV reduce the overall power of the weapon in exchange for area-of-effect?  Why would you do that to a handheld grenade launcher?

Nuclear: This would be more powerful than any of Simus' current grenade types, yes.  But I ask you this: Why would you want to fire a nuclear device out of a handheld grenade launcher?   Buying an eigth kiloton charge then cuddling it every night would be a cheaper and more badass way to go. 

...Then again, they are pretty idiot proof- one person attempted to mate with one, and lived IIRC.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 15, 2014, 05:45:58 pm »

.....what did Simus put in her grenade, a kinetic amp?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 15, 2014, 05:47:17 pm »

So, for my first project, I wanted to make a deadlier grenade for the launcher I'm getting. First off, Michael pulls up all info on all standard grenade launchers and Simus's custom job(if that isn't encrypted).

Sorry, encrypted.

And I used Chlorine Trifluoride. That stuff's nasty. It's also not going to be available for public use without express permission. That's just one of three, though - the High-EX is stuffed with AsterEX, and is powerful enough to take out the entire front of a good-sized building.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 05:49:22 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 15, 2014, 05:56:50 pm »

Well, my idea was using a kinetic amp to vastly boost the power of the blast, so I guess I don't have to worry then :P
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 15, 2014, 06:11:06 pm »

Well, my idea was using a kinetic amp to vastly boost the power of the blast, so I guess I don't have to worry then :P

That's been Anton's department for quite a while. No grenades, but at least 1 missile and a couple other ideas.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 15, 2014, 06:12:52 pm »

Attach a kinetic amp stamp to the tip of a non nuclear LESHO round?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 15, 2014, 06:28:50 pm »

....my OTHER idea was seeing if I could possibly cause manip overloads on command, stuff that into a grenade casing, and have it set off on impact

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 15, 2014, 06:31:36 pm »

....my OTHER idea was seeing if I could possibly cause manip overloads on command, stuff that into a grenade casing, and have it set off on impact

People have tried the before too.

PW says the manip must have a human user at time of use, or somesuch. No remote overloads.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 15, 2014, 06:34:52 pm »

Automanip.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 15, 2014, 07:00:21 pm »

...I was going to say automanips don't overload, but then again Steve did warn us of a possible overload in the ship's coilgun automanip, didn't he?

Well, in any case, it's still a terrible and unreliable idea.  A high-yield nuclear device is more reliable, and probably cheaper.  Easier too.

Also, Piecewise, why do the normal manipulator batteries output such a strong electrical charge?

Who said they do?

You, nearly two years ago.

"ALL field manipulator batteries: 4 TPU"

Note that laser rifle batteries output the same amount, although we actually know how long they can supply that.  Field manip batteries just give four zaps of indeterminate length, for all we know.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 15, 2014, 07:28:22 pm »

PW says the manip must have a human user at time of use, or somesuch. No remote overloads.

Automanip.

Yes, which isn't supposed to tell you 'clearly, we can make a grenade that overloads with an auto-manip'. It's supposed to make you go 'wait, what *ARE* auto-manips?'

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #387 on: May 15, 2014, 07:54:15 pm »

Automanip.

Yes, which isn't supposed to tell you 'clearly, we can make a grenade that overloads with an auto-manip'. It's supposed to make you go 'wait, what *ARE* auto-manips?'
They stuff a tiny human inside it to do the calculations. It's like the Mechanical Turk, but with futuristic physics-bending space calculators.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #388 on: May 15, 2014, 09:22:42 pm »

Automanip.

They stuff a tiny human inside it to do the calculations. It's like the Mechanical Turk, but with futuristic physics-bending space calculators.

That would be silly.

We don't put the entire human in there.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 15, 2014, 09:46:00 pm »

Automanip.

That would be silly.

We don't put the entire human in there.

.....you ARE joking right?

No what am I saying, of course you aren't >_>
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 127