Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 216100 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Miya's Hubris
« Reply #1635 on: December 21, 2015, 06:13:24 pm »

What if you buy the containment gun and reprogram the thing yourself?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: December 21, 2015, 06:25:00 pm »

So a Five Second Reset could bring a character back from permadeath if it's activated soon enough?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: December 21, 2015, 07:30:59 pm »

So a Five Second Reset could bring a character back from permadeath if it's activated soon enough?
unless the reset is also destroyed, yes.
its kinda the point of the thing.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: December 22, 2015, 02:29:17 am »

It's an addition to the shock implants that allows steve to send impulses through the spinal cord. The reason why no one remembers it is that he renders you unconscious so you don't create conflicting signals.
Does Steve want to keep green storm a secret, or are people allowed to know?

In case we tell people, how would you like to handle using it? Only when a mission commander orders it, only when a person him/herself activates/requests it, or both (aka either on personal request or override as an order)?

Is a person capable of resisting it's influence through conscious action (eg opposing will roll)?

So, one cannot open 2 portals between realspace and the pocket dimension at the same time, even with 2 separate controllers? But you can choose where in realspace the portals opens if you create one in the pockets dimension? Meaning you could use it as a portal gun, but with a delay?

What frame of reference does the 5 sec reset use? Galactic coordinates, itself, the nearest mass of gravity, or what?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 02:32:28 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: December 22, 2015, 02:30:48 am »

How would the pimpcane knuckles work, and what skill would they use?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nunzillor

« Reply #1640 on: December 22, 2015, 03:32:35 am »

*is intrigued*  How would one use them, exactly?  And could they be purchased without the battlesuit?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 03:39:57 am by Nunzillor »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: December 22, 2015, 04:41:41 am »

What do we know about what we can control with the pocket dimensions?

What kind of control interface does it have for manipulating its laws or contents?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1642 on: December 23, 2015, 01:20:57 pm »

What if you buy the containment gun and reprogram the thing yourself?
Then it would cost as much as the gun, but the gun is only made to project one object at a time, and only where it is pointed.

Yes. Brain blown the hell up can still be brought back together if activated quickly enough.

It's an addition to the shock implants that allows steve to send impulses through the spinal cord. The reason why no one remembers it is that he renders you unconscious so you don't create conflicting signals.
Does Steve want to keep green storm a secret, or are people allowed to know?

In case we tell people, how would you like to handle using it? Only when a mission commander orders it, only when a person him/herself activates/requests it, or both (aka either on personal request or override as an order)?

Is a person capable of resisting it's influence through conscious action (eg opposing will roll)?

So, one cannot open 2 portals between realspace and the pocket dimension at the same time, even with 2 separate controllers? But you can choose where in realspace the portals opens if you create one in the pockets dimension? Meaning you could use it as a portal gun, but with a delay?

What frame of reference does the 5 sec reset use? Galactic coordinates, itself, the nearest mass of gravity, or what?

Steve doesn't care.
Either works, however I'd say that the individual option should have to be ok'd by the mission commander. Lest it be misused.
Well, they could try. It probably wouldn't work.
With two controllers you could. I assumed with just one. Though its a bit dangerous, you might get some telefragging if you're not careful.
Itself, it is recording around itself.

How would the pimpcane knuckles work, and what skill would they use?
It would just be a metal knuckle plate made of pimpcane metal so it could be turned into spikes or blades or whatever you want. It would use exo, same as normal. Unless we automated it to take on a dozen or so shapes when activated and cycled through, We could do that.

*is intrigued*  How would one use them, exactly?  And could they be purchased without the battlesuit?
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Please quote whatever I'm talking about because I've  got a big ass series of posts before this one and you could be referencing lots of things.

What do we know about what we can control with the pocket dimensions?

What kind of control interface does it have for manipulating its laws or contents?

Well, aesthetics are mostly up for grabs, physical laws for the most part, though they have limits. No dialing the gravity up to infinity and then opening black holes whenever you want. It's done via a mostly numerical interface.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: December 23, 2015, 01:34:38 pm »

Can Pocket dimensions have more than one exit? I.E. on a longer mission can we use them as a way to resupply from the Sword by connecting it to the pocket dimension at one end and our current location at the other, and simply travel through the dimension?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: December 23, 2015, 01:57:27 pm »

Hmm. In that case, I think Miya will be making green storm public after this mission (assuming we survive of course, hah). With the stipulation that, like the classic shock collar, people cannot have it removed just like that (though leaving open the option if a person has special permission, like with Maurice). Activation happens when a mission commander requests it, or if the individual requests it (and gets approval from commander if needed). And there is still a high chance of damage or death from using it to prevent overuse. That all ok?

Could you elaborate about the telefragging when using 2 pocket dimension controllers?

Finally, remember that gunship idea I designed some time back? I proposed we use a system where people buy the right to use certain strikes, like buying ammo for a gun, but people weren't enthusiastic about that. Popular sentiment was that they'd prefer if it was deployed on a mission for free when requested, together with strikes being for free. What I'm afraid for though, is that that might lead to people 'abusing' it and just shooting everything everywhere with this. A possible middle road is that deployment is free, and strikes are to be payed at the end of the mission, with the idea that if it was used correctly, the team fund can take (some of) the cost, but if it was abused or used to cause rampant collateral, they have to pay more out of their paycheck.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 07:58:34 am by Radio Controlled »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: December 24, 2015, 03:40:33 am »

Would it be possible to have pimpknuckles switch between standard and preprogrammed modes, or is it locked to one or the other on creation?

The preprogrammed pimpknuckles, can they turn into moving things like drills or sawblades or oscillating spikes or jaws of life, or would it be limited to static shapes? And preprogrammed would use uncon, right?

Pimpcane can be moved with your mind. Can pimpknuckles? Can pimpknuckles be preprogrammed to, for example increase the strength of your punches or help with lifting/pushing things?

Can pimpknuckles be added as a standalone armoury item, same price as kinamp?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 08:13:51 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: December 24, 2015, 07:04:30 am »

St. Bernard gurney bot
This will all work, though gunner bots are fairly expensive, even stripped down. Wetware computer and all.
So, what is the procedure now (argh, noobs... ;) )? The Heph OOC guys also showed some interest in it for BLOPS, so could you be more specific, please?
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1647 on: December 28, 2015, 02:13:09 pm »

Can Pocket dimensions have more than one exit? I.E. on a longer mission can we use them as a way to resupply from the Sword by connecting it to the pocket dimension at one end and our current location at the other, and simply travel through the dimension?

I see problems.

I see PROBLEMS

Hmm. In that case, I think Miya will be making green storm public after this mission (assuming we survive of course, hah). With the stipulation that, like the classic shock collar, people cannot have it removed just like that (though leaving open the option if a person has special permission, like with Maurice). Activation happens when a mission commander requests it, or if the individual requests it (and gets approval from commander if needed). And there is still a high chance of damage or death from using it to prevent overuse. That all ok?

Could you elaborate about the telefragging when using 2 pocket dimension controllers?

Finally, remember that gunship idea I designed some time back? I proposed we use a system where people buy the right to use certain strikes, like buying ammo for a gun, but people weren't enthusiastic about that. Popular sentiment was that they'd prefer if it was deployed on a mission for free when requested, together with strikes being for free. What I'm afraid for though, is that that might lead to people 'abusing' it and just shooting everything everywhere with this. A possible middle road is that deployment is free, and strikes are to be payed at the end of the mission, with the idea that if it was used correctly, the team fund can take (some of) the cost, but if it was abused or used to cause rampant collateral, they have to pay more out of their paycheck.

What do you think?

Sounds alright.

Well, with two it would be possible of opening a door to the same physical place in two locations. If you opened one portal and then put something in and opened another so that the first object physically intersected itself, it would telefrag.

uh. I dunno. I kinda wanna limit power creep so I can murder you guys more. Otherwise we're gonna have to logan's run this and just exterminate people who get too strong.

Would it be possible to have pimpknuckles switch between standard and preprogrammed modes, or is it locked to one or the other on creation?

The preprogrammed pimpknuckles, can they turn into moving things like drills or sawblades or oscillating spikes or jaws of life, or would it be limited to static shapes? And preprogrammed would use uncon, right?

Pimpcane can be moved with your mind. Can pimpknuckles? Can pimpknuckles be preprogrammed to, for example increase the strength of your punches or help with lifting/pushing things?

Can pimpknuckles be added as a standalone armoury item, same price as kinamp?

They can move, and they'd actually probably just use pure stats since punching someone with a sharp knuckle thing isn't exactly rocket surgery.

Preprogrammed? no. Done via exo rolls? Yes.

Yes

St. Bernard gurney bot
This will all work, though gunner bots are fairly expensive, even stripped down. Wetware computer and all.
So, what is the procedure now (argh, noobs... ;) )? The Heph OOC guys also showed some interest in it for BLOPS, so could you be more specific, please?
Well, if you're ok with paying 12 tokens for it, then consider it done.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: December 28, 2015, 02:51:00 pm »

Nevermind
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 08:11:22 pm by NAV »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: December 28, 2015, 03:50:01 pm »

((Oh c'mon pw, using the pocket dimension to travel to the sword was exactly one of the things I warned for in that council pm. It's like you don't even read them (then again, there were a lot of possible exploits in there, so I can see why any particular one would get lost in the sea of hypothetical munchkinnery  :P ).))

So, you wanna veto the gunship shuttle in its entirety? Or only allow it on a select few missions? Or would it be ok if there was an exact cost involved again, like it was originally proposed like? Something else perhaps, some totally other way of doing this?

Say I was standing on a bridge on a normal earth like world above a deep abyss. I shoot with the gauss rifle down into the pit, and hit the 5sec reset after 4 seconds. What happens? The bullet returns to my gun, right? Or do I teleport to where the bullet is?

If now someone pushes me off the bridge and I fall, and I press the reset again after 4 seconds. What happens? Do I get moved back onto the bridge, or does the piece of bridge I was standing on get ripped off and moved so it's under my still rapidly falling feet?

((I'll warn in advance, I think things might get difficult as the 5sec reset is explored. If at any point you wanna say "it doesn't make sense/I don't bloody know, it just works like I need it to in that situation, shut up" then feel free to. I'm not trying to maneuver you inti a corner, even if it might look like it.))
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 03:57:57 pm by Radio Controlled »

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 127