Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 215972 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Miya's Hubris
« Reply #1770 on: January 24, 2016, 12:15:36 pm »

@Aoshi: You can try lining the barrel with Chem-Off. It won't explode, and might be cheaper.

We should give all our deathtubes a standardized rail system as part of the armory cleanup.

More stuff ready for Council!

Other finished designs, just keeping them in one post.
Spoiler: Heavy exoskeleton (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dragoncoat (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Brain Preservation Suit Upgrade
I was looking through the armory and found this, designed by the Armory Master:
Brain Box.
Description: A rather large machine designed to hold a severed head and keep it preserved and ready for reanimation. Requires head to be hooked up to feed of chemicals and submerged in biogel. Machine is very heavy and large, technically portable but also fairly fragile.
Now we have no idea how big is "rather large", and we have no idea how much it costs.

I want to try miniaturizing it using our modern ARM technology, and building it into a suit. Not as a full suit, but as a replacement helmet/backpack thing to add to MK/MCP suits.

Effect: You don't lose stat points on tempdeath, at least not from regular tempdeath. Things like brain melting soundwaves will still cause stat loss.
Your brain won't go bad and become permadead after a few hours.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:11:44 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1771 on: January 24, 2016, 03:48:37 pm »

Guys, remember that Sy is here to handle making machines, not to answer questions about the nature of materials or how weapons work. For those things you can either PM me personally or just ask sy and he'll give me a list of shit he doesn't know and that will get answered (eventually).

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: January 24, 2016, 04:31:10 pm »

Would it be possible to make something like the CASIE implant from Deus Ex:HR? It uses pheromones or some other handwavey thing to help influence people. Say, two versions, one for squishy people, that uses their body to slowly replenish its "charges" and another for robutts that can only be refilled on ship. Something to help us that may or may not of dumped CHA to -2 be gooder with talkings at people. Say it has 2 or 3 charges before it must be refilled
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: January 24, 2016, 04:49:03 pm »

I don't think that equipment should be able to make up for lacking in stats. Something to help Cha-builds be better would be good, though.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: January 24, 2016, 05:00:36 pm »

That works too. Was just a random thought that popped into my head. Maybe make it so it's easier to read and then influence people? Or make it easier to influence entire crowds.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: January 24, 2016, 08:00:46 pm »

Maybe a defensive thing that amplifies the user's sex appeal to the point where people have to roll willpower against your charisma to attack you?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: January 24, 2016, 08:02:02 pm »

Maybe a defensive thing that amplifies the user's sex appeal to the point where people have to roll willpower against your charisma to attack you?
I definitely want that for Charles!
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: January 24, 2016, 08:09:49 pm »

Yeah, you could say it was based off of the distracting ball thing. 
I'm gonna make it formal so I get money if anyone buys it.

Sex Appeal Enhancer

Based off of the distraction ball thing, this piece of equipment (which may or may not be a bunch of really small baubles superglued to the user's genitals) raises the user's sex appeal to the point where it forces an attacker to roll willpower vs the user's charisma to actually attack him. This only applies to those who actually notice the device, of course.

Anyone wanna help me make this feasible?

And then see what happens when a person with -2 cha wears it?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: January 24, 2016, 08:28:41 pm »

Sex Appeal Enhancer

Based off of the distraction ball thing, this piece of equipment (which may or may not be a bunch of really small baubles superglued to the user's genitals) raises the user's sex appeal to the point where it forces an attacker to roll willpower vs the user's charisma to actually attack him. This only applies to those who actually notice the device, of course.

Its called sticking the bauble in the pill machine.

if they fail the roll they want to own you, not kill you.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: January 24, 2016, 09:55:39 pm »

Sex Appeal Enhancer

Perfect for PvP.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: January 24, 2016, 10:25:23 pm »

Sex Appeal Enhancer

Perfect for PvP.
you know I was gonna make a joke about an alternative method to make this...
But its rather sexist and involves something thats probably a considered A criminal offense in the more civilised parts of the world.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: January 25, 2016, 01:44:36 am »

+1 to testicle baubles.

I'm not really sure how force fields work in ER, to be honest, and there's not much that I can find on the wiki about them. How much would forcefield variants of the Monosaws cost, and technologically, what would that entail?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: January 25, 2016, 02:46:48 am »

+1 to testicle baubles.

I'm not really sure how force fields work in ER, to be honest, and there's not much that I can find on the wiki about them. How much would forcefield variants of the Monosaws cost, and technologically, what would that entail?

http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Materials#Forcefield
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Monosword
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1783 on: January 25, 2016, 05:39:37 am »

Sex Appeal Enhancer

Ah, so I guess we'll change the ARMy men uniform into something that includes kilts?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: January 25, 2016, 08:32:28 am »

problem with the testicaubles: every time you took a piss, you'd run the risk of getting lost in your own genitals.

Problem with making it a pill: you have to roll will against a constant autosexual desire. All of Elizas' sexual drive turned inward.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 127