Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Anomaly Six [6/6] IC - Wakey Wakey  (Read 3194 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Anomaly Six [6/6] IC - Wakey Wakey
« on: March 08, 2014, 05:12:26 pm »

36 days ago

A confused staff member discovers an empty hotel room, nothing but a hard cube sitting on the disturbed covers of the bed. Annoyed, he assumes the magician staying there has skipped out on the bill. He inspects the cube but can't work out what it is. A month later, the staff member notices it's gone missing (after a visit by a cheerful gentleman with a fake ID).

30 days ago

An angry police chief slams his hand across his desk. "How'd he escape?!" He roars, and the cowering prison warden has no answer. His stuttered insistence that he just disappeared in the night is met by a snort, but that's what the cameras show - and a cube falling to bounce on the hard jail cell floor. The cube sits on the chief's desk until it is swiped by persons unknown. The search and 'missing'  notices achieve nothing but false leads.

24 days ago

A concerned work colleague leaves a message on an answer phone. "You missed all your lectures, David. That's not like you. Are you alright?" After a week, the police are informed, distant friends are contacted, but the missing person's search turns up nothing but a hard, fist-sized cube, sitting on the kitchen floor. It is overlooked entirely.

18 days ago

"What's happened?" snaps the flight officer in charge.
"She's gone!" another calls back.
"What do you mean, she's gone?"
"Her vitals signs have gone entirely!"
"She's dead?"
"No, sir. She's gone. They aren't even detecting a person there."

The ship, without any pilot, found itself plunging back into the atmosphere. Among the recovered debris was a small cube.

12 days ago

A dozen burly russians sit around a decrepit room in Omsk. The wars have hit the people of Russia even harder than most, and creature comforts are almost unknown. "Where's Sarkov?" one asks. His thick moustache bristles with outrage at being keep waiting. "He should have been here hours ago."
"Damned if I know," replies another. "Already swung by his place. Didn't see anyone."
"Damn it," spits another. "We'll do it without him. We can't wait any longer."
The hard cube in the street is picked up by a curious child two days later, and accidentally lost in the trash three days after that.

Six days ago

A BBC news report details a explosive detonated in a rough district of Birmingham. It is believed to be part of a war between gangs, and not the first suspects of the Scottish Liberation Army. The main instigator is treated to a kicked down door and a score of SAS visitors - bombs are not taken well in the Reunited Kingdom. The carrier of the bomb never has his remains recovered, though it is certain that he could not have survived the blast. The cube is bagged and tagged as evidence until it is confiscated on behalf of the UN.

Today

A voice like a bad imitation of a young girl says "At last."

Six strangers wake up. They're scattered across a hard white floor inside a cube-shaped room - the walls are all painted a different colour - red, blue, green, orange, with the ceiling a rather unpleasant purple. The room itself is large - the dimensions are at least 10 metres across. There are no lights, but the room itself is lit anyway - a soft glow from all surfaces eliminates any shadows, coating the room and inhabitants in various colours. On all walls, the floor and the ceiling are buttons in the centre - the old fashioned kind with an led behind the frosted hard plastic, though the lights are off.

As you variously sit up or continue sprawling across the floor, you have the feeling something is watching.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 07:34:49 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Anomaly Six [6/6] IC - Wakey Wakey
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 05:13:32 pm »

Spoiler: Mastahcheese (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Epichighfive521 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: zacen299 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: WhitiusOpus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  sjm9876 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:07:04 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 07:05:25 pm »

The woman apparently rises first-or, at least, does so openly, first.

Her hand rises to her lapel, as if to speak. Then she realizes she's missing something-a headset. Then she realizes she's missing alot more. A ship, in fact. This sudden abrupt change in gravity-from amazing g-forces to an utter stop, hits her at that moment-a sense of complete and utter nausea that causes an all to human groan and an ugly, coughing retching. More a mental reaction than a physical one, of course, and she resists the urge to loose her last meal all over the floor.

She brings it under control-having experienced such things, often enough-and decides to speak to the strange collection of people around her. She notices they are all men, outnumbering her-strangers and not a few with hard, dangerous eyes-and this discomforts her slightly as any woman might be.

"...I don't think I'm dead. I expected a little more imagination going into my afterlife." She says bluntly, her voice a pleasant American mid-western lilt. And yet, an air of arrogance. Perhaps even a bit of practiced gunslingers bravado, something indefinably strong and unyielding-Kennedy, Wayne or Eastwood might be proud.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 07:14:00 pm »

David continues lying on the floor. Trying to make sense of where he is.

"Okay this is probably the stupidest question ever voiced. But does anyone have any idea what this room is? Assuming it's not a giant death trap of some sort."
His light voice barely carried through the room his Canadian accent barely showing through due to how quiet he was being.

David then sighs and sits up rubbing his head. He was rapidly gaining a headache.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
  • What?! I've never even heard of 4chan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 08:38:24 pm »

Christopher awakens in a strange room full of strangers. "Strange, this isn't prison..." Christopher quickly brings himself off the floor. He looks around, confused, "Where... Where are we?"
Insert something that would make you think I'm clever here

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 09:11:52 pm »

Cromwell awakens, slowly peeling himself off the floor.

"What's this supposed to be? Someone playing a trick on me? That's ironic."

Cromwell then heads over to the wall to tap on it over in one of the corners.

"Let me guess, mirrors? Some kind of reflections? Or did someone slip something in my drink? Very funny, guys, just like it was so funny last time, with the circus."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 09:29:17 pm »

Ptw

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 04:20:14 am »

Zhou stirred gently, sliding his back up one of the walls until he rested in a sitting position.
'The hell are you on about mate?'
He looks at the former pilot, before nodding, slowly.
'To be honest, I'm inclined towards the afterlife theory myself.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
  • What?! I've never even heard of 4chan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 01:42:01 pm »

"No, not feeling dead, positively alive in fact." Christopher said. "Besides, if this were the afterlife, where the hell are the billions of other dead folk. I don't think they could all fit in a box."
Insert something that would make you think I'm clever here

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 03:04:51 pm »

'Eternity in a small box with a few other people? Sounds like hell to me.'
Zhou stood, stretching, and started to examine the buttons on the walls.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 03:49:20 pm »

David sighs quietly again before standing up.
"So anything noticeable about the buttons? They labeled or anything? Not that I think it would be that simple."

David then walks over to the buttons to check them himself.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 10:02:00 am »

The woman seemed to steel up in a moment, thinking hard.

"Let's assume for now we all still exist, alright? There's no reason to wonder why-only what we're going to do now. For me? If there's an 'out', I'm going to look for it. Maybe I'm dead, or maybe I'm in a coma, or perhaps we got kidnapped by Aliens-it doesn't really matter. It's not in my nature to sit around and wait for something to happen.

Why don't we put it all down on the table right now? What we have, what we can do. I don't think whatever or whoever this or it has gone to all the trouble to pick us all randomly.

My name is Devries. As you can guess, I'm a member of the United States Air Force. Combat training and the whole works."

She got up to help the one called David inspect the buttons. And decided, in the space of that second, she was going to see the sky again. No matter what it took. Even if the game was rigged for her to lose...well, she was used to bad odds.

Action: Inspect my person for exactly what I have on me. As in full inventory.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 12:31:46 pm »

'Zhou. I suppose you could call me a runner. In an ideal world though, I'd rather see it coming than get close enough that i have to run.'

Air force. That could be troublesome if he ever got out of here. Who knew, it could even be why he was in here in the first place. But he was alive, which was more than could be said than if he hadn't appeared here. And they wouldn't know it was him. That was a good thing, at least.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 01:05:44 pm »

"Quick on your feet, huh?"

I guess we'll need that."
Devries says calmly.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 02:28:48 pm »

"What's with all this "if we still exist" nonsense? If we didn't exist, we wouldn't be here arguing about it."
Cromwell stopped examining the walls for a second.
"Name's Cromwell. Cromwell Jackson, the magician."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3