Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 370347 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Banter thread: TolyK? Impossible!
« Reply #1440 on: October 24, 2015, 02:07:20 pm »

I am, if you are curious, an Athiest. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go back to lurking.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: October 24, 2015, 02:40:42 pm »

I'm agnostic about the existence of a god or gods, but atheistic about most specific religions. I had such an irreligious upbringing that when I reentered schooling at the age of 14, I was very suprised to learn that some of my classmates were Christian. I literally didn't think it was still a thing anymore.

I was a teenage communist but nowadays I'm way more anarchistic. I think devolving power is a good thing. I'm in favour of land reform, reclaiming the commons, and dismantling the legal apparatus (licensing, copyright, enclosure acts etc.) that benefit entrenched power structures. I don't think we should limit our political engagement to voting.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: October 24, 2015, 06:17:50 pm »

I think some copyright laws are good and necessary but the time period is way too long.  I'm actually in favor government helping people and protecting the environment and other stuff like that.

Back on the topic of mafia I still need one IC who is confident in their abilities for my beginners game.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: October 25, 2015, 08:37:34 am »

On government policy, I believe the free market does an excellent job, and that only "market failure" situations need regulation. Basically, make an incentive-based government that makes doing the "right thing" economically beneficial, and possibly do the wealth-equalization stuff.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 26, 2015, 09:21:12 am »

I am, if you are curious, an Athiest. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go back to lurking.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have a link to ffrf.org in my signature, so that kind of gives away where I stand on the whole religion thing.

I still find it funny that the mafia players are among the most respectful people on the forum.  :P
Well, outside of the games anyway.  And, uh, Dariush kind of up and disappeared, so that sort of raised the general respect level a few notches.  Although I do kind of miss that shitlord.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: October 26, 2015, 10:24:32 am »

Find Dariush Now?

[too soon? :D obv. joking]
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: October 26, 2015, 02:26:56 pm »

Find Dariush Now?

Considering the bang-up job you did with KYOSN I think it is safe to say that you are the only person we could entrust with this themed game.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: October 26, 2015, 02:38:59 pm »

Find Dariush Now?

Considering the bang-up job you did with KYOSN I think it is safe to say that you are the only person we could entrust with this themed game.
I'd join this game, you know. Especially since I had to miss out on KYOSN. Just... don't disappear before declaring the winner.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: October 26, 2015, 03:16:56 pm »

I'm sorry, I actually thought I had said who won before, though I didn't remember who...
Next game I'm doing will be a semi-BYOR, except much more rigid that KYOSN. I've learned from my mistakes... I think.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: October 26, 2015, 04:56:49 pm »

I think I'm going to have to look up one of Dariush's games to see why he's so memorable.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: October 26, 2015, 05:31:01 pm »

I think I'm going to have to look up one of Dariush's games to see why he's so memorable.
More so as a player, really. 

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: October 26, 2015, 08:42:26 pm »

Here's a taster:
How to NQT: be a useless waste of space, point out minor technicality, become confirmed town, continue spewing inane shit like this, survive to endgame.
NQT is back by request
Ohgodnowhypleaseargh.
NQT... At first I was like
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)
, then I was like
and at the end I was like
. I don't think an explanation is needed.
NQT wasn't far behind Birdy on my scummeter. Both are bandwagoning lazy lynchhappy fucks who didn't do absolutely anything useful during the entire game.
Because, according to Solifuge, I am the worst player to have in any mafia game ever. I got bitter. I think I'll keep it there.
Hey, no need to get so worked up. You're definitely not the worst player ever. Assuming that we exclude those people who only played BMs, that honour easily goes to Wuba, Zrk2 and Tolyk being runner-ups. You qualify only as fourth worst player, tops. More likely even fifth (how could I forget about NQT...). See, absolutely no problem about that. Relax.
NQT... I have no words. May this gif express my opinion of you.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wanted to call NQT a dumbfuck idiot (and actually wrote up a post explaining why), but if he's only bluffing and doing what I suspect he is doing, then he's an extremely clever town who'll net us a win.

Of course, he may not be bluffing and actually be a dumbfuck idiot. Who knows.
Well, shit. NQT, I am really, really disappoint... Alas, it looks like he is simply a dumbfuck idiot. Le sniff.
I blame NQT for everything and Nerjin and UI for about 95% of everything.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: October 26, 2015, 08:59:31 pm »

In short, he really, really hated NQT.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: October 26, 2015, 09:05:19 pm »

I like this thread and its current discussion ;3

More so as a player, really.
Indeed :O

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: October 26, 2015, 09:43:37 pm »

I have actually borrowed one of Dariush's phrases, though.  Namely "Lazy lynchhappy fuck".
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 193