Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 369281 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread (Everyone needs replacements!)
« Reply #1860 on: February 24, 2017, 03:26:10 pm »

I didn't find it all too fun as much as confusing.
That's how I usually feel about that stuff, honestly. I like most things consigned to a Role PM and Role Actions.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: February 24, 2017, 03:27:46 pm »

That said - I do think that it was a good concept, just not executed in the best way ever. Use cases for varoous items were remarkably unclear.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: February 24, 2017, 03:42:37 pm »

So I take it PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC is dead now? Just remembered that game after looking up NQT because I hadn't seen him around recently.
As far as I know. Still listed as being on hiatus, though.

That said - I do think that it was a good concept, just not executed in the best way ever. Use cases for varoous items were remarkably unclear.
Roll to Mafia is going to be more like Puzzle Temple Panic than a traditional mafia game. I don't suppose you have any suggestions to make a game of that type work better?

I figure the more ideas I have, the better.
Flabort's Second High Powered BYOR ran while you were gone. Quote the Notable Games Archive: "A full-bastard BYOR variant in which each player submits 2-8 roles, which are largely distributed randomly.  The result: 13 players. 80 roles. Infinite actions. 1 loser. 16 winners. 10 days."

If you're looking for ideas, I recommend reading that. Mafia Marathon might work better for ideas, though, though it wasn't as flashy.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: February 24, 2017, 03:56:30 pm »

So I take it PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC is dead now? Just remembered that game after looking up NQT because I hadn't seen him around recently.

Roll to Mafia is going to be more like Puzzle Temple Panic than a traditional mafia game. I don't suppose you have any suggestions to make a game of that type work better?

I figure the more ideas I have, the better.
Flabort's Second High Powered BYOR ran while you were gone. Quote the Notable Games Archive: "A full-bastard BYOR variant in which each player submits 2-8 roles, which are largely distributed randomly.  The result: 13 players. 80 roles. Infinite actions. 1 loser. 16 winners. 10 days."

If you're looking for ideas, I recommend reading that. Mafia Marathon might work better for ideas, though, though it wasn't as flashy.
I'm not High Powered BYOR crazy. I intend to aim for a BYOR where you are given choices, chances, and chaos. I'm going to experiment with giving the players some choices in the type of role they get. There's no reason they have to do so, but I want to see if it makes it more fun to have choice or if they like being thrown against 7 SKs.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: February 24, 2017, 04:20:23 pm »

Like BYOR 5?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: February 24, 2017, 04:28:49 pm »

Like BYOR 5?
I'm gonna be honest, I can't keep track of which games are which. Every BYOR has been a test to see if I could balance roles. The answer is usually 'Almost.'

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: February 24, 2017, 06:55:30 pm »

BYOR 5 was the one where every player got 3 options for abilities, which they could then pick two of. Except the player who submitted "webadict", who would get a certain ability automatically even if he didn't pick it. Also, every player had at least one hidden thing in their role.

Also Trolls.

... maybe you can re-read your own games for inspiration?
Generic Arms Race.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: February 24, 2017, 07:02:46 pm »

BYOR 5 was the one where every player got 3 options for abilities, which they could then pick two of. Except the player who submitted "webadict", who would get a certain ability automatically even if he didn't pick it. Also, every player had at least one hidden thing in their role.

Also Trolls.

... maybe you can re-read your own games for inspiration?
Oh yeah, the super broken one... 5.5.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: February 25, 2017, 12:07:07 pm »

Give out little blurbs with items that tell us what they do.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: February 25, 2017, 02:39:51 pm »

...Wait, isn't that what a role PM is?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: February 25, 2017, 03:29:23 pm »

...Wait, isn't that what a role PM is?
Yeah, but these weren't at all clear.
Sigtext

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: February 26, 2017, 03:38:36 am »

Wait, Wuba, we should send in role names before we can !in ?

If so.. gotta think a bit...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: February 26, 2017, 08:20:57 am »

Wait, Wuba, we should send in role names before we can !in ?

If so.. gotta think a bit...
If you'd like. I already have 3.

Also need a theme.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: February 26, 2017, 09:29:17 pm »

Birbs. The theme is birbs.

Also, hello. I don't plan on playing, I'm just poking my head in for shits and giggles.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: February 26, 2017, 09:58:24 pm »

Sure, birds is k.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 193