Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 370462 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread
« Reply #2565 on: March 02, 2021, 03:41:25 pm »

Yeah then throw me into the fire, I'm sure it'll be great  8)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: March 02, 2021, 04:25:00 pm »

Thanks, Caz!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: March 04, 2021, 07:58:04 pm »

So I've been playing Gnosia today.

Very cool so far.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: March 04, 2021, 08:04:07 pm »

Veckle wishes to play >:V

I just started the first Danganronpa. Just started as in ... just finished the prologue!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: March 04, 2021, 08:22:57 pm »

It looks interesting, but I don't own a Switch and I refuse to get one.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: March 04, 2021, 08:43:24 pm »

Wait, is this game single-player or multiplayer? The character interactions give me single-player vibes, but the fact that there are multiple rounds with different possible outcomes give me multiplayer ones.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: March 04, 2021, 09:08:48 pm »

Veckle wishes to play >:V
I just started the first Danganronpa. Just started as in ... just finished the prologue!
Dangit Ron Paul is pretty good. I actually like recommending DR as a first time VN to people since it tricks them into playing one.

It looks interesting, but I don't own a Switch and I refuse to get one.
If you know Japanese it's also on the Vita.

Otherwise yeah a PC port would be cool. Right now it's Switch exclusive here.

Wait, is this game single-player or multiplayer? The character interactions give me single-player vibes, but the fact that there are multiple rounds with different possible outcomes give me multiplayer ones.
Gnosia is just single player. A loop takes like 20 minutes to finish generally (so far).

It's not exactly like Raging Loop which is full visual novel with a much slower pace and no real gameplay elements.

The way the story develops in Gnosia reminds me of Sting's Baroque, if that comparison doesn't make any sense then a more recent example would be Hades. You learn more stuff as you keep doing loops and playing games, the players' roles change, players get added, players get removed. It's like reading a VN except you're constantly trying to suss out mafia so you can win and get more story (or if you're gnosia to trick and kill everyone).

Mafia but roguelike?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: March 05, 2021, 12:37:39 pm »

Congrats to Meph for reaching exactly 16000 posts.

Neat! Also, Bwahahahah, I can reply to this without breaking the post #!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 12:41:36 pm by Mephansteras »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: March 06, 2021, 01:11:58 pm »

Ahaha that's perfect use of post editing powers.

Here's a question All-- would there be interest in playing a Resistance/Avalon type game? You know, a hidden role game where you vote to send people on missions that either pass or fail instead of just eliminating one another?

We did a variant of this some years back, GlyphGryph ran a game called Worse Things Happen At Sea. I seem to recall it was a fun challenge.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: March 06, 2021, 01:14:11 pm »

I just finished a ton of schoolwork, so I'd be down if I don't become busy again.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: March 06, 2021, 01:17:56 pm »

Oh, hey, Resistance! That's a neat idea. I should come up with a good version of that to mod. The flavor for that kind of set-up would be a lot of fun to write.

Not saying you shouldn't run it yourself, of course. Just that I may also do something like that in the future.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: March 06, 2021, 01:22:08 pm »

Here's a question All-- would there be interest in playing a Resistance/Avalon type game? You know, a hidden role game where you vote to send people on missions that either pass or fail instead of just eliminating one another?

We did a variant of this some years back, GlyphGryph ran a game called Worse Things Happen At Sea. I seem to recall it was a fun challenge.

GlyphGryph also ran Viva la Revolucion! which was fun.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: March 06, 2021, 03:16:21 pm »

...I played this too? What the fu- 

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: March 06, 2021, 05:08:41 pm »

The Gnosia setup is interesting, I'd be curious how well it would work as a game with human players. The lack of roleflips means it's a lot more profitable for the mafia or mafia-ally to contest roleclaims.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: March 06, 2021, 05:23:24 pm »

The Gnosia setup is interesting, I'd be curious how well it would work as a game with human players. The lack of roleflips means it's a lot more profitable for the mafia or mafia-ally to contest roleclaims.
I could write down the setup. It's very similar to the Raging Loop setup so I could just rework that.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 193