Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 370468 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread
« Reply #2595 on: March 12, 2021, 12:20:13 pm »

The Warrens of Oric the Awesome handles the concept of loops pretty well. Shame that it will never be finished.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: March 17, 2021, 10:31:09 pm »

PS. If any Mafia Children have not yet played Obra Dinn, it's good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: March 17, 2021, 10:35:24 pm »

It's so good, but you should attempt to pace yourself because it's 8 hours long and once it's done, there is no replayability.

Outer Wilds is also good, too, if you like the mystery aspect. It has the same problem, though, but it's a bit longer.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: March 17, 2021, 10:55:19 pm »

I too will endorse Obra Dinn. I can't think of any other games that are like it, and I'm impressed by story it managed to tell through its game mechanics.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: March 18, 2021, 12:37:51 pm »

It's so good, but you should attempt to pace yourself because it's 8 hours long and once it's done, there is no replayability.
There are two kinds of people. Those lucky enough to still have Obra Dinn ahead of them, and those unfortunates who have already finished it.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: March 18, 2021, 01:17:35 pm »

Unsurprisingly, I have also finished Obra Dinn when it came out.

Give me a murder mystery or death game and I'm there to see despair.

EDIT:
In September we got Paradise Killer which was...neat.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 01:27:23 pm by ToonyMan »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: March 18, 2021, 01:40:39 pm »

DISCO ELYSIUM
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: March 18, 2021, 02:39:10 pm »

Still haven't played it because I'm in the middle of Umineko, and I hate being in two big games at once.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: March 18, 2021, 02:48:46 pm »

Still haven't played it because I'm in the middle of Umineko, and I hate being in two big games at once.
Mmm seacats, Umineko was my first VN on PC and I still love it. I didn't even know what Higurashi was because I was dumb, but thankfully I went back and read it afterwards.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: March 18, 2021, 03:04:02 pm »

Ya, wait for the expanded version that's about to come out anyway. But then DISCO ELYSIUM

Discord me when you start to Disco Web
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 03:06:46 pm by Vector »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: March 18, 2021, 06:56:16 pm »

While we're waiting on Wuba to start Magic Mafia MM, does anyone want to play a quick round of a micro mafia setup? I put up a game called Caves of Dashar if anyone's interested. Just need two more players.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: March 19, 2021, 01:05:40 pm »

Another interesting scene in Gnosia that relates to Mafia gameplay:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: March 19, 2021, 02:06:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Overall, I like the idea and want to see how it plays out in an actual bastard game. The results may not be as impressive as the theory, but it would make a fun novelty for a one-off.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: March 20, 2021, 07:00:35 am »

Ya, wait for the expanded version that's about to come out anyway. But then DISCO ELYSIUM

March 30th, baby!  8) 8) 8)
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: March 23, 2021, 12:03:31 pm »

What is a CFD?
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 193