Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 370394 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread
« Reply #2625 on: April 05, 2021, 04:18:16 pm »

From next Sunday I hope to run the Resistance/Avalon game Revolution III. It's a hidden role game like mafia. Slots open!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: April 05, 2021, 04:21:39 pm »

From next Sunday I hope to run the Resistance/Avalon game Revolution III. It's a hidden role game like mafia. Slots open!

Probably just gotta wait for Election Day to wind down, and people to get a little break from the very intense MMMM.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: April 06, 2021, 09:23:52 am »

It makes me a little sad panda to look at old games and see that the entire playerlist no longer plays mafia here.

Edit: What brought this on was looking at the playerlist of Operation Overlord and realizing that none of the 13 player playerlist or the two spoilspecs are still around.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 09:27:52 am by 4maskwolf »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: April 06, 2021, 09:29:45 am »

There's some funny posts in the old games. This is from the very first mafia game on this forum:

Hmm, I thought it's only popular in Russia. It's not well suited for forums, because you need to see and hear a person to properly guess their motives.

Web played in the first mafia game to actually finish (Pirate Mafia, Mafia #3 in December 2008).

Edit: What brought this on was looking at the playerlist of Operation Overlord and realizing that none of the 13 player playerlist or the two spoilspecs are still around.
Caz played in that game? And Persus13 played a few games back.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 09:33:05 am by notquitethere »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: April 06, 2021, 09:34:45 am »

There's some funny posts in the old games. This is from the very first mafia game on this forum:

Hmm, I thought it's only popular in Russia. It's not well suited for forums, because you need to see and hear a person to properly guess their motives.

Web played in the first mafia game to actually finish (Pirate Mafia, Mafia #3 in December 2008).

...Today we also learned I can't read.

There's a lot of amazing quotes buried in the old games, yeah. I'm too lazy to go quote mining though.

Edit: Okay one single quote

I'm not evil. I'm just Bad. :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: April 06, 2021, 09:36:56 am »

Yaarrrr, 'tis true. I be old. I just like Mafiaing.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: April 06, 2021, 09:40:48 am »

Honestly even realizing I've been playing mafia for seven years makes me feel old.

And I'm not even that old!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: April 06, 2021, 09:50:42 am »

Honestly even realizing I've been playing mafia for seven years makes me feel old.
And I'm not even that old!
Mafia got me through high school and my teenage years. I think it's one of the things that defines me as a person.

I love this quote.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: April 06, 2021, 11:08:19 am »

I was actually introduced to the forum by my first ex. I made an account, posted like three times of my own accord, and then he talked me into learning to play Mafia here. He actually liked DF, LOL, and made mods and LPs (can't remember what you call them here). I was just an extremely lonely college student.

He also introduced me to: drinking loose-leaf tea (and the very first time I had chai), falafel, homemade granola, action movies, science fiction books, math with proofs, 1st-person perspective computer games (e.g. Portal), Thai food, Chinese vegetarian cooking, and The New York Times. . . . Yep, I owe him a lot. I'm really glad I got to meet you guys.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: April 06, 2021, 11:27:18 am »

Meph's Beginner Mafia game must be counted as one of the forum's all time successes as it seems to be the entry point for these four:

I... may join. Just to see what the hell is so great about these forum games.
I've been studying the rules of a few more popular mafias, but I haven't actually played one.  I'd like to have a go, please.
Arr?  I'll join if possible.
All right.  Sign me up, please.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: April 06, 2021, 11:28:23 am »

Huh. Nice!

And we're very glad you got introduced to us, Vector. :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: April 06, 2021, 11:42:11 am »

Yes definitely good to have you hear V! And I too enjoy falafel.

---

I've made a thread for archiving funny quotes and memes from the subforum.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: April 06, 2021, 11:52:33 am »

Was I even in Operation Overlord? Also I'm sortof around but in a love-hate relationship with Mafia these days.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: April 06, 2021, 11:53:51 am »

I've made a thread for archiving funny quotes and memes from the subforum.

Cool, I stickied it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: April 06, 2021, 12:08:19 pm »

Was I even in Operation Overlord? Also I'm sortof around but in a love-hate relationship with Mafia these days.
There's more not quite mafia about recently which could maybe interest you. There's the Revolution game in signups, but also there's a game of Coup in signups on the main board. We played one night werewolf a month or so back as well. All alternative hidden role games.

Cool, I stickied it.
Neat, thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 193