Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 281984 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Don't worry bloodbro in democracy there's always someone frowning at others :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Ok you can democracy now. Blade, prepare your frowning muscles :P

For the record we use v1.22 list as base.

CecilHoshino

• Bay Watcher
  • Guidebook Amateur
    • View Profile

Hello everyone!

Cecil here, sorry I've been quiet lately, just been pretty busy with a part time job taking up the rest of my summer, before heading back to university in the fall. So I haven't been around to answer questions, contribute to the discussion, or chime in on the IRC channel.

However, there was another reason for my radio silence: I am continuing work on Version 1.3. There's still plenty of work to go, including some skill adjustments for the promoted classes, stat adjustments on the weapons, and clarifications in the combat section. Lots and lots of clarification.

Hopefully, Version 1.3 should be finished by August 16th, end of the month at the latest.

But there WAS one element that I'd actually like your input on: as you noticed, Anima is the only weapon category that has no class with a natural S rank in it. This came from my adherence to the 1 S, 2 A, 3 B rule, where classes who used only a single weapon in their promoted class had the advantage of top tier equipment, while classes with two or three weapons had more general options. Also, because Sages traditionally used Magic and Staves, that resulted in them being one of the 2 A classes.
After we come to a conclusion on Physic for Lore Master or no, I'd actually like to know which you would prefer:
-Sages continue to have A in Anima and Staves, and there are no classes that naturally have an S in Anima
-Sages have an S in Anima, but do not gain a rank in Staves
-Mages no longer promote to Mage Knight (leaving it a Troubadour exclusive with maybe a name change to Templar), and instead promote to a new class, say, Wizard, who has the S Rank Anima, while Sages still use Anima and Staves
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:04:11 pm by CecilHoshino »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd advise the "mages no longer promote to mage knight and instead promote to a new class" thing.  Wizard, or Archmage, or whatever you want to call it.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Xanmyral and I were just talking on the IRC about how lousy magic weapons are. There are very few physical classes that would reward MAG progression, so whenever magic weapons are encountered, they're quickly discounted because no one can make good use of them. We came up with several possible solutions.

1. Increase magic weapon MT. Increases damage output on characters who didn't bother with MAG progression to useful levels. As a downside, if a character with good magic got ahold of one, it'd be pretty beefy...
2. Allow for magic weapons to use 1/2 or 1/3 STR if that is higher than their MAG.
3. Go the Radiant Dawn/GBA way and have them simply use STR and continue to target RES. It makes MAG on a physical fighter less viable... But is that a real big deal?

snip

Wicked.

I like the third option also.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

On the note of the third route for the magic weapon fix, I think this would be neat to segue into the idea of kinetic magic, something we've seen before in another fire emblem system. Its basically the inverse of magical weapons, being tomes that instead target DEF. As to how we help out magic weapons could be used to throw a few of these books in.

Whether to put them in and where to stick 'em is the question though.

Ooh, I'd be very interested in checking out that 1.3.

Also, I'd put my vote in the third route: a number of classes have prestige class specific options, but the troubadour is one of the few that don't. I don't think much would be amiss to adding another prestige class to allow for something like this, and it makes the mage follow the monk and shaman's path of prestige pretty consistently.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I personally do not like the third option, but that's mostly because I don't like Troubadours and would hate to have to be one in order to become a Mage Knight :/

Why add another new class? Just give Sages their S-rank and be done with it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Why add another new class? Just give Sages their S-rank and be done with it.

Omg Sirus you just can't have a mang ruin his perfectly thought off personal order of things just to fix something! Think of the OCD! :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I would like to note for the record that I made my "keep allowing Mages to promote to Mage Knights" post BEFORE I saw Remalle's thread and decided to resurrect my old mage :/

Omg Sirus you just can't have a mang ruin his perfectly thought off personal order of things just to fix something! Think of the OCD! :P
...whut?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oi remember the talk we had a while ago about making a new promotion for sages?
Remember how that went? :v

CecilHoshino

• Bay Watcher
  • Guidebook Amateur
    • View Profile

Oi remember the talk we had a while ago about making a new promotion for sages?
Remember how that went? :v

I'm assuming some vehement no's?
Again, sorry if I derailed the poll schedule, but I'd just like to know the general feeling about S Rank Anima use before I can call 1.3 finalized.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Basically everyone went nuts trying to make extra promotions for every other class because no one thought to remove Mage Knight promotion from Mages instead of giving Mages a third promotion.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

Wizard sounds like a bit of an odd title though... How about Archmage, or something like that?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Wizard sounds like a bit of an odd title though... How about Archmage, or something like that?
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 300