Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 280453 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF2 HAS FINISHED!
« Reply #2970 on: July 14, 2016, 09:53:04 pm »

In other words, pick the colours that look the best overall for the mug. No best colour or technique exists for all situations. What a surprise.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: July 14, 2016, 09:55:21 pm »

I swear, it's almost as if art is inherently subjective or something.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: July 14, 2016, 09:56:52 pm »

I know. It's insane, right?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: July 14, 2016, 10:01:25 pm »

Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: July 14, 2016, 10:06:08 pm »

But as a general rule, if you lift colors directly from the vanilla mugs, solid black outlines are going to make it look washed out. That's why we generally recommend the purple outlines.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: July 14, 2016, 10:08:38 pm »

over my dead, sodium-ridden body
Black lives matter.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: July 14, 2016, 11:10:15 pm »

Still not enough SALT.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: July 14, 2016, 11:13:46 pm »

Fire Emblem: Gates of Rundum has open slots! So if you want to go on an adventure as a mercenary pursuing a fairy tale in hopes of gaining fame, fortune or other things normally impossible for your character, this is your time!

Do make sure to come up with a trainee sheet, as I also will be rolling the trainee levels before rolling the first class levels! (Also don't forget to include the +5% growth promotion below! Check the sheets in  the OOC thread if you want an example.)

OOC thread is here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136449.3100

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2979 on: July 15, 2016, 12:38:50 am »

One rationale I've heard is that black is a common background color, which in video games is true, but we're playing FEF and on websites it's not very common at all for backgrounds to be pure black. But let's see what happens anyways:

Original sprite:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What happens if it's on a black background? The outline disappears. You may as well have not outlined it at all. But, again, this is a problem that will simply never happen on B12 because the backgrounds are not pure black.

Change the black for a VERY dark purple that is almost black (and I also changed the purples on the collar for the perfectly good purples in the eyes). It's not much better since the purple is still very close to black but

It's a good reason, but that's not the real reason. The dark purple from FE7 (rgb 88, 64, 96) isn't just an outline, it's also used for shadows. Never use black for shadows, because (most) shadows in real life aren't black. So the real reason is: using black is a waste of a color when you could be reusing one of the darker colors from your sprite. I'm not saying this as a rule, I'm just trying to rationalize the choice in the context of FE7's art and stuff.

E: Really though, black for outlines is fine, as long as you're okay with it looking a little more "drawn", as in cartoons/manga/comic books.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:56:29 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: July 15, 2016, 09:59:21 pm »

So you may all not be aware, but I've been working on a FEF website for the past week and a half.

Here's what it looks like as of right now:
Spoiler: Home (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle Calculator (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mugs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Games List (click to show/hide)

The purpose of the website is to be a repository of information on everything related to FEF, as well as a tool to attract and retain new players. Specifically I want this website to be able to inform someone who has no experience with roleplaying of any form and give that kind of person all the information they need to be prepared to play FEF! The battle calculator is by far the biggest part of this project and, when complete, will help people who want to break into GMing FEF.

Obviously it is very incomplete, and I need your guys' help in order to make it as informative as possible.

Current Goals
Rules
  • Add explanations about the concept of roleplaying, the role of the GM, the GM-player relationship, and a short "Getting Started" tutorial on where to begin with playing the game.
  • Perhaps have a summarized version of what's in the handbook as a primer for new players.
Calculator
  • Make it not broken. I'm using JavaScript for all the calculating of inputs and it's not very easy. Progress is slow.
Mugs
  • Add tutorial about spriting.
  • Add an in-depth tutorial about making mugs from scratch.
  • Links to spriting resources.
  • More examples of mugs

All of the current background images are placeholders since most of them are copyrighted. Thus I'm in need of relevant 1920x1080 background images that I can use for the website.

I'm also highly open to suggestions and contributions (especially contributions), so if you have any and you want me to definitely see them (since might not catch them if you post them here):
- PM me on the forums.
- PM or ping me on IRC.
- Send me an email (using the email button below my username).

I want to involve everyone in the community in this process so please don't hesitate to tell me what you think. Thank you.
I know the conversation has moved on somewhat, but damn this is cool.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2981 on: July 15, 2016, 11:07:19 pm »

Thank you so much just for acknowledging it. I was seriously afraid that no one gave a crap. ;-;

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: July 15, 2016, 11:10:01 pm »

Thank you so much just for acknowledging it. I was seriously afraid that no one gave a crap. ;-;
If I may make a suggestion though? In the battle calculator, put the weapon stats to the side of the character stats to save some scrolling.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2983 on: July 16, 2016, 12:00:50 am »

If I may make a suggestion though? In the battle calculator, put the weapon stats to the side of the character stats to save some scrolling.
Done.

Spoiler: Combat Calculator (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 12:13:56 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: July 16, 2016, 12:50:12 am »

Looks like the kind of stuff that might save me a lot of time. My suggestion is adding an option to save previous stats you insert there, so you won't need to add it all again.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 300