Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282030 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF2 HAS FINISHED!
« Reply #3015 on: August 01, 2016, 03:47:59 am »

My coding is rather crap but doing something like
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)
might work, though you'll have to make sure that there's an end clause for the attack. You could expand from there to apply adept and other skills as well in relation to augmenting the end clause if you don't have it involved in the attack function already.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3016 on: August 01, 2016, 11:02:31 am »

Oh no the logic for doubles is already implemented.

Code: [Select]
function outputStats() {
if (traineeClass1 == "00" && firstClass1 == "00" && promotedClass1 == "00" && traineeClass2 == "00"  && firstClass2 == "00"  && promotedClass2 == "00") { // check if the class dropdowns haven't been selected
alert('Please pick a class.');
} else {
if (Math.floor((Math.random() * 100) + 1) <= hit1 - evasion2) { // is random number between 1-100 less than or equal to hit minus evasion?
if (Math.floor((Math.random() * 100) + 1) <= critical1 - dodge2) {
attack1 = (attack1 - defense2) * 3;
currentHealth2 = currentHealth2 - attack1;
document.getElementById('results').innerHTML = "Character 1 performed a <font color=red>critical</font> hit! <br>" + "Dealt " + attack1 + " damage! <br>" + "Character 2 is at " + currentHealth2 + " health!";
} else {
attack1 = attack1 - defense2;
currentHealth2 = currentHealth2 - attack1;
document.getElementById('results').innerHTML = "Character 1 hit! <br>" + "Dealt " + attack1 + " damage! <br>" + "Character 2 is at " + currentHealth2 + " health!";
}
} else if ((attackSkill1 - 4) >= attackSkill2) {
document.getElementById('results').innerHTML = "Character 1 missed!";
if (Math.floor((Math.random() * 100) + 1) <= hit2 - evasion1) {
if (Math.floor((Math.random() * 100) + 1) <= critical2 - dodge1) {
attack1 = (attack2 - defense1) * 3;
currentHealth1 = attack2 - currentHealth1;
document.getElementById('results').innerHTML = "Character 1 is at " + currentHealth1.innerHTML;
} else {
attack2 = attack2 - defense1;
currentHealth1 = attack2 - currentHealth1;
document.getElementById('results').innerHTML = "Character 1 is at " + currentHealth1.innerHTML;
}
}
} else {
document.getElementById('results').innerHTML = "Character A missed!";
}
}
}

The problem is getting HTML to add that new attack message onto the old one rather than overwriting it, since when you assign innerHTML it overwrites whatever you displayed previously. But I have some ideas already! I can just add another div tag and have the extra attack iterate to that. But I would rather just reuse the one div.

Fakeedit: Maybe I can write the first attack message to a variable and then use that in the second attack.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: August 01, 2016, 11:18:51 am »

Have you tried the append method?  I'm not an expert by any measure, but that method is typically how I would tack text on to the end of an element.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3018 on: August 01, 2016, 01:33:40 pm »

Have you tried the append method?  I'm not an expert by any measure, but that method is typically how I would tack text on to the end of an element.
I haven't been using any libraries but that does look like a method that would work here, so maybe now is the time to download one.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: August 01, 2016, 02:03:32 pm »

I haven't been using any libraries but that does look like a method that would work here, so maybe now is the time to download one.
It shouldn't be a library; it's just basic JQuery.  Hmmm, my apologies; you mentioned earlier that you're using JavaScript.  I tend to forget, but if append isn't implemented there, you could do a string concatenation as well - pull out the present content as a string with the InnerHTML method, append what you want to enter with the concat method, and drop it back in using the InnerHTML method again.  It feels a touch inelegant to me, but it should work for a string.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:05:49 pm by Culise »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3020 on: August 01, 2016, 11:18:38 pm »

jQuery is a JavaScript library, so unless I've implemented the library I can't call methods from it. Concat works but it's pretty fucky.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: August 02, 2016, 05:10:50 pm »

Inspired by Xanmy's firearms, having had too much cookies for the night and after a short binge thru Wikipedia, I present to thee...

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 02:06:02 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: August 02, 2016, 05:17:25 pm »

Those are both terrible specials which only serve as punishment for choosing these classes :l
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: August 02, 2016, 05:20:44 pm »

Those are both terrible specials which only serve as punishment for choosing these classes :l

These are for balancings? Guns are better bows after all v:

EDIT: If you mean 'beneficial specials' then dun worry, Class Skills will be a thing for all gun first and promo classes :V
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:23:33 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: August 02, 2016, 06:17:42 pm »

Hmm.

Also, the auto-hit adjacent rule for the cannons is crap. If they made an additional attack roll against a nearby target it'd be different, but auto-damaging plus splash damage is just dumb as all get out.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: August 02, 2016, 06:47:00 pm »

Post removed.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 08:10:02 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: August 02, 2016, 07:27:48 pm »

... I can't take anything that uses yo-yo as the weapon seriously but...

Autohaving 1-2 range is pretty strong, as shown by mages being real powerful. Mages are of course buffed more by hitting res which tends to be lower but either way, I'm still not really sure this is needed? I dunno. Every weapon type has some 1-2 range subcat, except swords, so they aren't really filling a niche that doesn't exist? And you're once again focusing really heavily on crit, which is way powerful especially with the ability to add luck straight to their crit. That could straight up be +30 crit, plus another 5 or 10 from promoted skill, plus almost certainly another +10 from a PS, assume they have another +10 or 20 from supports, +15 from skill, that could be up to 85 crit before anything like wrath or weapon crit comes into play. That's *crazy* At the very least halve luck before adding, but irregardless, even if it's only twice, that's still a really powerful class skill and it's the first class skill.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: August 02, 2016, 07:33:07 pm »

Well, I did post it here first for a reason, to patch up issues like those. Pointing them out is part of the process, suggesting a replacement is the second and very important part. I agree, for a first class skill it is insane, even if I halved the LUK part. So if you have something that can replace it, go ahead and mention it.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: August 02, 2016, 07:44:51 pm »

No real idea. I honestly don't really think the class is needed tbh. Archers with crossbows, or any class with something like javs or throwing axes take this job just fine.

Though I might suggest naming them like ninjas and changing the name to shurikan or something if you really want it because yo-yos is not something most people are going to be able to take at all seriously

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: August 02, 2016, 07:45:45 pm »

...Yo-yos?

Every weapon type has some 1-2 range subcat, except swords, so they aren't really filling a niche that doesn't exist?
Swords do have daggers, I guess, for 1-2 range.

But yeah, it's a niche that's already filled, really. I can't imagine it's terribly balanced compared to other physical weapons.
They tend to have crit subcat, 1-2 ranged subcat, effect subcat. Yo-yos are all 1-2 ranged.

All the other physical weapons have ranged subcats, dark magic has subcat dedicated to debuffing. I don't really see the need to add another type of weapon that seems kinda unbalanced from the start and doesn't do much new.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 300