Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 280467 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Looking For Beginner Players!
« Reply #3990 on: April 19, 2018, 05:17:21 pm »

The opportunity to turn critical hit chance into reliable damage is huge. The idea for why you shouldn't be able to get an 'equivalent' amount of damage in exchange for your crit chance is simply that that would make going for crits instead of damage only feasible if your crit chance was above 70% or thereabouts.

As this is neither an all or nothing or always on skill, the skill is primarily going to be used in three ways:

1. The user will give up their crit in order to raise their damage to the point that instead of leaving an enemy on low health after the exchange, it will kill them.

2. The user will give up a fraction of their crit to raise their damage potential to 1/3 of the enemies remaining health and hope for a crit.

3. The user will reduce their crit to in order to raise their damage to the point where an ally can deal the finishing blow.

Reaching any of these conditions is much easier if you decrease the cost of the skill, and would leave damage personal skills much less valuable on a mercenary than a critical hit personal skill, as the latter would give you more options without a downside.

Also we should consider Wrath and weapon crit as well. Wrath in 5 to 1 allows you to raise your damage by the equivalent of 8 STR. That's almost a third of the stat cap at final promotion. A killing edge gets you 5 extra damage. Consider doubling as well. Mercenaries may not have amazing base speed, but fast mercs certainly exist, and allowing them to gain such a great level of extra damage is too much in my view.

I don't think there needs to be parity between what you give up and what you get with a skill like this because you pick and choose when you do it and to what degree, so having the critical hit cost be a little high for what you get is not a problem to me, and will keep the skill from being overused.

So that's my stance on the 5 to 1/10 to 1 debate. Also if we start it at 10 to 1 and it's deemed too weak, we can always buff it to 5 to 1. This is also true of the reverse but people like buffs more than they like nerfs.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: April 19, 2018, 05:28:45 pm »

Well, now that both sides have been argued we could make a poll to see what people think.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: April 19, 2018, 05:29:56 pm »

You can't trust these degenerates, they think "Mordhau" is a good name for a skill
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: April 19, 2018, 05:33:11 pm »

You can't trust these degenerates, they think "Mordhau" is a good name for a skill

Hey, I wanted Body Strike Blow, don't act like the Democratic process is broken because you didn't get what you want

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: April 19, 2018, 05:33:57 pm »

ToO lAtE poll is made

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: April 19, 2018, 05:34:57 pm »

Hey, I wanted Body Strike Blow, don't act like the Democratic process is broken because you didn't get what you want
But that's how democracy works! One side wins, the other complains that the democratic process is broken because they didn't get what they wanted, and then we all devolve into cannibalistic anarchy.
Black lives matter.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: April 19, 2018, 07:09:51 pm »

But that's how democracy works! One side wins, the other complains that the democratic process is broken because they didn't get what they wanted, and then we all devolve into cannibalistic anarchy.
I didn't even vote and I'm still seriously considering eating you all.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: April 19, 2018, 07:13:03 pm »

I like how Irony's avatar seems to be directly responding to SB's statement.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: April 19, 2018, 07:19:35 pm »

It's such a good avatar, isn't it?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: April 20, 2018, 09:23:51 am »

Bit late to add anything but I agree with BMM42's points.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: April 20, 2018, 11:09:47 am »

> Tie

Now everyone can be disappointed by democracy!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: April 20, 2018, 11:14:54 am »

Tis why I resort to good ol' despotism and set the rules the way I like them |v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Deidei

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: April 20, 2018, 01:35:16 pm »

Looks like I made it a tie again  8)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: April 20, 2018, 01:37:03 pm »

Is this a sign that the exchange should be 15 crit for 2 damage? Straight down the middle, as it where?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: April 20, 2018, 02:39:58 pm »

I understand that was a joke but in case someone else doesn't let me explain why that wouldn't work: even though 15 to 2 would create a mean in terms of crit for damage, this would effect the usability of the skill, since you'd need at least 15 crit to hand in order to activate the effect. You'd get very limited use out of it for the first half of first class I'd imagine.
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 300