Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 281990 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Handbook v2.3 is in the works!
« Reply #4365 on: July 02, 2019, 07:21:35 am »

Outlaw's Sidearm skill will be as follows:

If the Outlaw is attacked from outside their equipped weapon's range, they automatically equip the first weapon from a different category that they can counterattack with if they have one in their inventory.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: July 06, 2019, 02:42:34 pm »

Quick thread bump to draw attention to the tied poll.

Also after Legacy FEF I plan to do another fef with some rule changes, and I was wondering what other additional changes people might like to see for a game that's themed around doing Tellius stuff.
The main things I have planned right now are:
Shove: Unmounted units can Shove using their action. Shove can only affect allies with a lower CON, and pushes the target one tile away from the user.
Smite: Free Character skill that allows users to Shove any target regardless of CON and optionally Shove targets they could target normally two spaces instead of one.
Knight Trainee: new trainee that could have access to one of any of the three main physical weapons. Promotes to Knight and Forerider (name subject to change)
Forerider: New mounted class, has access to one of the three main physical weapons. Skill: Press Forward During the first combat of a phase they participate in, the Horseman gains a bonus according to their interaction with the enemy's weapon.

Weapon Triangle Advantage: The Horseman gains +4 damage to their first attack in the combat.
Weapon Triangle Disadvantage: The Horseman gains +3 DEF/RES against the first attack made against them in the combat.
No Weapon Triangle Interaction: The horseman gains +10 hit/eva for the combat.

Promotes to Great Knight and a new class, Silver Knight

Silver Knight: New mounted promoted class, will have S rank for one weapon. Skill: Onward: Unmounted allied units that begin their phase adjacent to the Silver Knight gain +1 MOV

Please note that I'm not pushing for any of these changes to the base game, I'm just wanting to see what other stuff that's either from Tellius or is Tellius inspired that people might want to see in that game. (Laguz notwithstanding, that's its own thing)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: July 06, 2019, 04:25:47 pm »

@BMM42: I'd love to see some of those changes in a Legacy FEF, honestly. I'd particularly love to try out Forerider -> Silver Knight, sounds like a really fun class.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: July 06, 2019, 06:33:22 pm »

Eh, maybe, we'll see. Legacy Emblem is more intended to be a Last Ride for classic characters from old games, so adding new classes for that seems... Kind of like an odd choice? But I'll think about it.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: July 06, 2019, 07:46:17 pm »

Ah, sorry, I misread your last post; I read that you were doing it as a Legacy FEF, not after a Legacy FEF.

This is why I prefer Discord, now my dumb mistake is ingrained into the thread forever, especially being my first actual post, good job me

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: July 07, 2019, 02:46:12 am »

Elf's Untested, Unconventional and Unarmed Supplement (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK)
Lemme just casually plug this here. This is the culmination of two weeks of work (and some discussion on the Discord) and is a) so far in the alpha stage as to possibly need a lot of overhauling and b) very, very untested. The supplement contains:

- Fist weapons (Claws, Cestus and Gauntlet)
- Whip weapons (Leather, Metal and Rod)
- Trick weapons that operate effectively as subcategories of Sword/Axe/Lance (Gunsen/Nunchaku/Scythe)
- Classes that wield Fist and Whip
- Items and Weapons to properly integrate the supplement with core mechanics

Hopefully, sometime in the future I can actually get around to testing the new toys I made in this thing and seeing if I didn't absolutely cock up all the numbers.
EDIT: Caught some typos and some glaring errors.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 02:54:01 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: July 10, 2019, 08:27:38 am »

I've dawdled enough about this, here's the new Outlaw tree, substituting the old Spy tree.

Outlaw:

Promotes from: Archer Trainee, Thief Trainee
Promotes to: Assassin, Vigilante

Bow (D), Hidden (D)

Skills: Lockpick, Vision, Sidearm
Sidearm: If the Outlaw is attacked from outside their equipped weapon's range, they automatically equip the first weapon from a different category that they can counterattack with if they have one in their inventory.

Pref. Stats: SKL, LCK
Bases: 19 HP, 4 STR, 0 MAG, 6 SKL, 3 LCK, 2 DEF, 1 RES, 7 SPD, 6 CON, 5 AID, 6 MOV
Promotion Bonuses: +2 HP, +2 STR, +2 SKL, +2 SPD, +2 CON, 6 MOV

Assassin:

Same as the previous assassin save two important changes: Bow Subcat (A), Bow (C), Hidden Subcat (A), Hidden (C) and they get the previous Spy's Vital Strike skill.

Vigilante:

Bow Subcat (B), Bow (C), Hidden Subcat (B), Hidden (C), Sword Subcat (B), Sword (C)

Skills: Lockpick, Vision, Ambush Strike, Always Prepared
Ambush Strike: When attacking the Vigilante does bonus DMG equal to unused MOV.
Always Prepared: The Vigilante can designate a backup weapon in addition to their equipped weapon. If the Vigilante is attacked from outside their equipped weapon's range, they automatically equip the backup weapon and viceversa.

Pref. Stats: SKL, SPD
Promotion Bonuses: +3 HP, +1 STR, +2 SKL, +3 LCK, +3 SPD, +2 CON, 7 MOV

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: July 10, 2019, 09:47:10 am »

Knight Trainee: new trainee that could have access to one of any of the three main physical weapons. Promotes to Knight and Forerider (name subject to change)
Forerider: New mounted class[...]

I could be wrong, but last time I checked, we've been making some efforts on the Discord server to remove Cavalier from the Soldier Trainee line (and replacing it with another class) because going from foot Trainee class to mounted First class is very unpopular?

I'm aware it's not something that would be included for the core rules. Just a word of warning.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: July 10, 2019, 10:33:33 am »

Forerider: New mounted class[...]

I could be wrong, but last time I checked, we've been making some efforts on the Discord server to remove Cavalier from the Soldier Trainee line (and replacing it with another class) because going from foot Trainee class to mounted First class is very unpopular?

I'm aware it's not something that would be included for the core rules. Just a word of warning.

Rider trainee has enough promotes as it is, so I'm not going to shove it in there, and this way Knight Trainee has more than one promo.

It's just for one game anyway, unless people end up liking it a lot.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: July 23, 2019, 01:14:42 pm »

New poll on the concept of DR since people keep finding about what it actually does and deciding they want to change it immediately.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: July 23, 2019, 01:41:26 pm »

That aside I think renaming it would be prudent, given the initials are the same as for Defense and Resistance, and that has contributed to the confusion.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: July 24, 2019, 09:15:49 am »

Mage Knight skill is Flare.

:P

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4377 on: July 24, 2019, 10:37:40 am »

Just noting that my thoughts are the same as BMM42's.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: July 24, 2019, 11:45:53 am »

If we change it to the 'before crit' then we might as well just double the DEF/RES values because 1 DR will always be better than 1 DEF or 1 RES ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: July 24, 2019, 12:25:00 pm »

Having it before crit will mean removing DR as a separate thing, it will be bonuses to both DEF and RES.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 300