Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 150653 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #690 on: April 15, 2014, 09:26:54 am »

Have another video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwBKK1dvAiM
Should be pretty self explaining.

Democracy!

Not entirely self explainatory, at least to those who don't speak Russian or Ukranian. Mostly I just see someone coming out of the building with the cameras following him and going out of range of the person with the camera, and also random people throwing stuff at him.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 15, 2014, 09:39:04 am »

Democracy is a will of people. People did want to kill him:D  I So what is undemocratic here?

Jokes aside:

I said about that accident earlier. Unpleasant but when during a war you are publicly supporting actions of invading country you are provoking that.
Right Sector saved his skin. He thanked Right Sector for that.
Yeah, in Ukraine far-rights save pro-Russian politicians  who support the stuff happening in the eastern Ukraine
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 15, 2014, 10:44:12 am »

According to Russian media, pro-Russian forces and Ukrainian troops were fighting at an airfield in Kramatorsk this afternoon - pro-Russian militias were attacked by Ukrainian Mi-24 attack helicopters, which then unloaded infantry at the runway. Apparently there was also a brief shootout between the two sides. Apparently Pro-Russian militias lost control of the airfield and retreated to Kramatorsk.
According to RIA Novosti, 4 people have been killed. They belonged to pro-Russian forces.
Pro-Russian forces also claim that Ukrainian armoured vehicles are currently moving at Slavyansk.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:50:02 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 15, 2014, 10:51:06 am »

According to Russian media, pro-Russian forces and Ukrainian troops were fighting at an airfield in Kramatorsk this afternoon - pro-Russian militias were attacked by Ukrainian Mi-24 attack helicopters, which then unloaded infantry at the runway. Apparently there was also a brief shootout between the two sides. The current situation is unclear.
According to RIA Novosti, 4 people have been killed. They belonged to pro-Russian forces.
Pro-Russian forces also claim that Ukrainian armoured vehicles are currently moving at Slavyansk.

CNN did say that the Ukranian military was moving east and doing anti-terrorist operations. So, they're probably correct about Ukranian forces moving towards Slavyansk, but whether there are tanks (which is likely what they are trying to imply) or not, I don't know. Armored personnel carriers are plausible though.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 15, 2014, 10:53:09 am »

A reputable German newspaper talked about a few tanks outside I forget which city. Apparently Russian media aren't all propaganda :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 15, 2014, 11:03:58 am »

On the other hand, German newspapers are notoriously bad at being unable to tell the difference between tanks and APCs, aren't they? ;)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 15, 2014, 11:15:43 am »

According to Russian media, pro-Russian forces and Ukrainian troops were fighting at an airfield in Kramatorsk this afternoon - pro-Russian militias were attacked by Ukrainian Mi-24 attack helicopters, which then unloaded infantry at the runway. Apparently there was also a brief shootout between the two sides.
Ukrainian media interpret the events differently - Ukraine controlled airbase was attacked, defenders got reinforcements and attackers retreated.

But it is a wartime now. Disinformation is common and necessary.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 15, 2014, 12:03:00 pm »

Looks like ukraine forces got back control over the airfield in Kramatorsk. Also, it seems like one ukraine helicopter is shot down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvVGA3SLFQw

Eddit:
Actually that video is fake. I can not find it in news anymore, so its removed probably because its fake
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 12:21:57 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 15, 2014, 12:32:22 pm »

Have to bring this up again and say that I suddenly really want one with a UN theme. Although sometimes their couch forces are, in fact, their regular forces.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 15, 2014, 12:37:25 pm »

In my opinion, the Ukrainian government will now try to crush the pro-Russian insurrection with all available means, being perfectly sure that the threat of further Western sanctions will deter Russia from responding.
However, Saakashvili in 2008 probably also thought the same when he gave the order to attack Russian peacekeepers in Tskhinvali. Unfortunately for him, Russia didn't let it pass. Heaven help Turchinov if Russia decides to disregard international outcry and intervene again.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 15, 2014, 12:39:11 pm »

In my opinion, the Ukrainian government will now try to crush the pro-Russian insurrection with all available means, being perfectly sure that the threat of further Western sanctions will deter Russia from responding.
However, Saakashvili in 2008 probably also thought the same when he gave the order to attack Russian peacekeepers invaders in Tskhinvali. Unfortunately for him, Russia didn't let it pass. Heaven help Turchinov if Russia decides to disregard international outcry and intervene again.
Fixed that for you.
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 15, 2014, 12:45:16 pm »

Have to bring this up again and say that I suddenly really want one with a UN theme. Although sometimes their couch forces are, in fact, their regular forces.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 15, 2014, 12:50:58 pm »

On the other hand, German newspapers are notoriously bad at being unable to tell the difference between tanks and APCs, aren't they? ;)
German word for tank is "Panzer", which basically translates to "armour" which I assume an APC has. :P

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 15, 2014, 12:56:15 pm »

Guardian G.I.  Do you release that in case of full-out Ukrainian-Russian war life of citizens of Belarus will become worse? Russian economy will receive a huge hit (even without any sanctions...), Ukrainian economy will collapse. Don't you think that it will influence Belarus in a rather negative way?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 15, 2014, 01:00:02 pm »

UR, since you are closer to the action and you look like a person who is convinced it's going to be a big conflict, do you think it is going to be a Ukrainian-Russian war or Ukrainian Civil war?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 136