Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 151178 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #840 on: April 16, 2014, 04:06:28 pm »

Well, Suvorov\Rezun is not a historian, I read his books. They have too much nonsense  maybe his general idea is true, but stuff like "highway tanks" made me think that he either knows nothing about the era he writing about or twists facts to fit in his theory
He certainly does the latter, but unlike Solzhenitsyn he has the audacity to claim that his works aren't fiction. Highway tanks is pure idiocy to anyone who knows anything about wafare in general and armoured vehicles in particular, but that's only the tip of the sensationalistic gibberish iceberd that man has created.

Wait, did the guy claim there were tanks in the 17th century?

Highway tanks though, yeah that's right out there in fiction and makes no sense.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 16, 2014, 04:09:21 pm »

Tanks... made out of highways?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 16, 2014, 04:09:37 pm »

Also, why are we arguing about basements and backyards all of a sudden?

Because you fail to understand it's not relevant topic to russians. When you say "basement" or "backyard" we see different pictures.
And funniest thing you still think it's relevant. And keep using that as argument. Level of ignorance is so abnormal it's not even funny. You look for Knit Tie comments, because he is so familiar to your views and he lick your ass.

This threads is so full of what called "right wing extremist" in USA world it's not funny at all. I hoped for something more moderate.
You turned me from moderate liberal/democrat to something incomprehensible in matter of 3-5 pages of first reincarnation of this thread. I actually realised how we perceived in west so now I am prepared and I know my enemy. I can't really argue with people who see matreoshka and balalayka and bears and communists whenever they hear "russia". These people are abomination in my eyes and frankly, this is majority in this thread. I can't threat you seriously.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 04:11:52 pm by gogis »
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 16, 2014, 04:12:25 pm »

Wait, did the guy claim there were tanks in the 17th century?

Nah, We are talking about a different book, that has a general idea that Hitler attacked Stalin only because USSR planned to attack two weeks later and glorious Soviet army lost first month of war only because it was preparing for offensive war not defensive one.

Also it has a chapter about the Winter War, where Mannerheim line was described as mightier than Maginot line. That to illustrate the level of this "historian"
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 16, 2014, 04:14:36 pm »

Also, why are we arguing about basements and backyards all of a sudden?

Because you fail to understand it's not relevant topic to russians. When you say "basement" or "backyard" we see different pictures.
And funniest thing you still think it's relevant. And keep using that as argument. Level of ignorance is so abnormal it's not even funny. You look for Knit Tie comments, because he is so familiar to your views and he lick your ass.

This threads is so full of what called "right wing extremist" in USA world it's not funny at all. I hoped for something more moderate.
You turned me from moderate liberal/democrat to something incomprehensible in matter of 3-5 pages of first reincarnation of this thread. I actually realised how we perceived in west so now I am prepared and I know my enemy. I can't really argue with people who see matreoshka and balalayka and bears and communists whenever they hear "russia". These people is abomination in my eyes and frankly, this is majority in this thread. I can't threat you seriously.

*sigh*

Gogis, I GET that when we say basement and backyard, it's a different picture to Russians. When I said 'why are we arguing about basements and backyards' it was a rhetorical question, like 'why the heck are we arguing about that topic, which is kind of silly'.

You know what is actually abnormal, YOUR closed mindedness Gogis.

Now get the hell outta here because all you've been doing recently (like, your posts today) is flooding the thread and insulting people.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 16, 2014, 04:15:12 pm »

Gogis, I don't know you very well, but from what I have seen I don't think this is a case of Bay 12 corrupting a naive young moderate/democrat, rather, you just thought you were.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 16, 2014, 04:17:48 pm »

Tanks... made out of highways?
Supposedly the Soviet light tanks of BT series could be equipped with wheels instead of tracks, with which they could achieve 60+ km/h (IIRC), and because of the Suvorov claimed that the USSR planned to use them to conquer Europe by driving these tanks along highways.

This idea is stupid because the armor on these tanks was very thin and a single road block with AT artillery could stop such a "zerg" rush.
._.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 16, 2014, 04:18:55 pm »

Tanks piloted by highways.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 16, 2014, 04:19:02 pm »

* Descan is giggling at calling Bay12 a "den of right-wing extremists"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 16, 2014, 04:19:49 pm »

* Descan is giggling at calling Bay12 a "den of right-wing extremists"
There's no denying we have a corrupting influence on... anything, really.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 16, 2014, 04:20:12 pm »

Alright, I give up. Hello, ignore list, how are you?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 16, 2014, 04:21:17 pm »

I already reported him to Toady One because all gogis has been doing the past hour or two is flooding the thread and insulting people.

I've noticed that whenever gogis gets into this thread, it goes downhill :P

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 16, 2014, 04:25:21 pm »

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 16, 2014, 04:25:44 pm »

You know what is actually abnormal, YOUR closed mindedness Gogis.

Now get the hell outta here because all you've been doing recently (like, your posts today) is flooding the thread and insulting people.

Minority attack inc
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 16, 2014, 04:30:27 pm »

*ignores gogis*

Looks like Ukraine might go nuclear

I know it's an opinion piece, but it's something to think about. If Ukraine had a nuke or two, would Putin have done what he did? Most likely not.

Still, as much as they have the desire to protect themselves from Russia, nuclear proliferation wouldn't be a good thing.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 136