Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 291500 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Gridbased Murder
« Reply #2145 on: September 05, 2014, 01:29:13 pm »

((Yep. We're all going to die. This is going to take some thinking. Hopefully I'll have an idea by the time I get home.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: September 06, 2014, 04:18:02 am »

((I vote for ending the challenge and letting the audience pick a winner. I think we fought pretty well, and it should have served as good entertainment.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: September 06, 2014, 01:18:17 pm »

(( I vote for you both getting squished. For purely humanitarian reasons :P ))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: September 06, 2014, 02:46:44 pm »

((SQUISH))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: September 06, 2014, 03:04:22 pm »

((It's a fight to the death. If one of you doesn't kill the other, I'm fine with the wall squishing you both. :P ))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: September 06, 2014, 03:16:40 pm »

((At least it might go down as one of the biggest betting losses in DMR history, since all current bets would lose. Oh well, maybe you might be able to regain the DD in the next two or three episodes.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2151 on: September 06, 2014, 04:24:32 pm »

((The bloodthirsty audience strikes again. Plus, I don't think the host would let us get away with it. Sooo...))

Stab! Kill! Annihilate! Exterminate! Aim for the head and vitals.
Also ask from R2 to shut down that trash compactor.
If the wall comes too close and I fail to kill the man in time, then try to use the force shackle as a wedge to keep the walls from crushing me, knowing that this would probably lead to my shackle arm being broken.

Spoiler: Destio Dravani (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:31:41 pm by Parisbre56 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: September 06, 2014, 04:36:12 pm »

"My name is Mason Caldwell. You killed my Larry. Prepare to die."

Finish him! Stand up and cut him in half. Or take his head off. Parry any strikes and go for the kill if I can counter. If all else fails, tackle him off the beam. Try to land on top of him when we hit the ground. If I still have to dodge the walls and they are only moving over the top of the beams, hang off the bottom if there is a grip. If not, wedge Destio between the walls.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:38:32 pm by Beirus »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2154 on: September 08, 2014, 11:12:14 am »

((I vote for ending the challenge and letting the audience pick a winner. I think we fought pretty well, and it should have served as good entertainment.))
"I Think the Audience should decide!"
"Kill'em both"
"Yeah"
"Thumbs down, much squish"

"I retract my statement!"

"My name is Mason Caldwell. You killed my Larry. Prepare to die."

Finish him! Stand up and cut him in half. Or take his head off. Parry any strikes and go for the kill if I can counter. If all else fails, tackle him off the beam. Try to land on top of him when we hit the ground. If I still have to dodge the walls and they are only moving over the top of the beams, hang off the bottom if there is a grip. If not, wedge Destio between the walls.

((The bloodthirsty audience strikes again. Plus, I don't think the host would let us get away with it. Sooo...))

Stab! Kill! Annihilate! Exterminate! Aim for the head and vitals.
Also ask from R2 to shut down that trash compactor.
If the wall comes too close and I fail to kill the man in time, then try to use the force shackle as a wedge to keep the walls from crushing me, knowing that this would probably lead to my shackle arm being broken.

The walls that were slowly crusting inward suddenly rush forward and then stop, constricting the battlefield to an area just slightly wider then the men's shoulders.

No more running! NO MORE DODGING! FINISH THIS! Or I'll come down there and finish it for you!

Their movements restricted, the two men have little choice in how they fight. They both stand and bring blows down on one another, almost in perfect unison. The blades clash and they stand there for a moment, trying to overpower each others as the weapons vibrate against each other, trying to skip and ricochet off each other, filling the alley between the crushing walls with a spray of sparks and metallic squealing. Finally the blades bounce off each other and the two men hop backwards before charging in and making one last swing. The hum of their blades dulls just for an instant as it bites through flesh. Destio stumbles back, his shackle arm part severed, part torn off at the shoulder, along with his right ear and part of his scalp and face.  Mason stands still, leaning against the wall.

"Damn." he says. "And I was so close."

And then a line of red spray traces itself down from his forehead to his groin and he falls, split neatly in two, onto the beam and then down to the floor below.

WE HAVE A WINNER! Medics, please see that our winner doesn't die; at least not till we can get an interview.

Next, up we have the Punishment round! So audience, who is going to be the one to be punished? VOTE NOW!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2155 on: September 08, 2014, 11:45:35 am »

YES!

Sit down. Apply pressure to injuries. Close eyes. Await medic.

EDIT: Does that mean the shackle goes to my other arm now, or will I have to shield bash people to death?
If yes, is there any way to put both the shield and the shackle on the same arm?
If yes, do so.

((The way it was written, in the beginning I thought that Destio had been sliced in half and I was about to post saying "Good Game, now it's time to make a new character."
But it's not.
YES!
Lost an arm, but who cares!

Good game Mason. You will be missed.

Will update the first page soon. Spoiler updated with injuries.))

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 02:23:18 pm by Parisbre56 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: September 08, 2014, 12:49:52 pm »

Yay, now I don't have to use parentheses for OOC because it's all OOC-ish now. Anyway, good game. If you do have to buy a new arm, that means you'll only have 1 point for next episode unless Red also wins the individual challenge, so at least Mason helped his team out. Also, I think Pyro was the only one who won a bet this episode. My theory that whoever has the most bets on them is going to die during the episode has more proof. I'll throw a new character sheet into this post later.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2157 on: September 08, 2014, 01:15:07 pm »

((Another fun theory to consider is that victories always go in pairs. Or that every time blue team looses a team challenge, they win an individual challenge and vice versa. Or that no red team member can be killed by someone else during an episode. Or that 2+x Blue team members have to die for a Red team member to die, where x is the number of dead Red team members. Or that only non-newbie red team members can die.

Reminds me of this.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: September 08, 2014, 02:16:35 pm »

Now, as always, the winning team will be granted 1 point each. The third place will be granted 2, the second 3 and the first place will get 5 points AND a prize! Such bounty!
What ever happened to second and third place winners?

Hi-five Destio as soon as I see him.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: September 08, 2014, 02:34:56 pm »

First in the water, last to suffer!

Vote for Magarth!

(( I'll also second the comment on prizes :P ))
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 153