Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: One Day Mafia: Mafia Win!  (Read 9963 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
One Day Mafia: Mafia Win!
« on: May 03, 2014, 10:15:07 pm »

Hey!

Would you like to play the quickest game of Mafia I can think of? Would you like to work on your teamwork skills in an environment in which you are guaranteed a team? Do you absolutely hate power roles? Welcome to One Day Mafia. There will be no night phase, and only one day. There will be 12 players, and these will be assigned into one of 4 groups. These groups are public, and share alignment (the alignment is, of course, not public)- 3 will be groups of town, and 1 will be a group of mafia. Each will have their own quicktopic in which to discuss stuff.

The day will last 72 hours from when I send out your PMs and start the day- there will be no extensions to this.

How voting works:
Each group receives one vote to place on the group they wish to lynch. Your group may either unanimously elect a leader to make the decision, or simply vote individually, in which case the group which receives the most votes from your own group will be voted for. If there is a tie, no vote is cast. At the end of the day, the group with the most votes loses- if it is mafia, town win. If it is town or there is a tie, mafia win.

Groups (1-4):
Group 1
  • Whitius Opus
  • TheDarkStar
  • Fnff
Group 2
  • mastahcheese
  • MyOwnWorstEnemy
  • 4maskwolf
Group 3
  • Nerjin
  • Tarawochir
  • BlitzDungeoneer
Group 4 - The Winners (also Mafia)
  • tn5421
  • notquitethere
  • pisskop
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 01:57:22 am by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One Day Mafia
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 10:53:13 pm »

Since this is short, I'll sign up for it. IN!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 10:57:43 pm »

Why not?

IN

If you shortened it to 48 hours, then you could actually do a "weekend mafia" for those of us that are actually active on weekends.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 11:02:28 pm »

Why not?

IN

If you shortened it to 48 hours, then you could actually do a "weekend mafia" for those of us that are actually active on weekends.

I'll definitely do that if people would like, but seeing as I'm Australian the time zones might be a bit out of whack for that.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 06:05:01 am »

What's to stop the mafia group waiting until the last moment and tying the vote? (in regardless).

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 07:31:48 am »

What's to stop the mafia group waiting until the last moment and tying the vote? (in regardless).

If all 3 town groups are voting for the mafia group, they wouldn't be able to tie the vote. Less than three, and they could, but it'd be up to the players to intuit which group was most scummy.
I've played some mafia.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 09:44:31 am »

This concept is INcredible!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 10:32:37 am »

In.  I will say, though, that this looks like a rather scum-sided setup, as all three town groups (due to the vote-tying thing) have to agree on who the scum group is for town to win.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 10:34:24 am by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 11:03:05 am »

In.
Never played this before. Seems !!FUN!!
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 01:55:26 pm »

In?

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 05:48:15 pm »

In.
Never played this before. Seems !!FUN!!
In?
There's a Beginner's Mafia Sprint that's in signups right now. I'd suggest joining it, but by all means join this one too - it looks pretty beginner-friendly.

Setups like this(1-day vanilla-only) make scumhunting basically impossible, though, since there's nothing to go off of. What makes this different from, say, an instant lylo game? And why 4 groups instead of 3?

I'd probably join but I'm not feeling that great right now.

Edit: Didn't realize the Beginner's Mafia was full. You could still sign up for replacement.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:50:06 pm by TheWetSheep »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 05:57:07 pm »

I don't trust signing up on a waitlist. It's holding out too much hope for a quite rare thing.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 06:05:15 pm »

On second thought, out.  Too much of a balance issue.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 06:21:38 pm »

Setups like this(1-day vanilla-only) make scumhunting basically impossible, though, since there's nothing to go off of. What makes this different from, say, an instant lylo game? And why 4 groups instead of 3?

I liked the idea that each person was guaranteed 2 people they could trust- it is lylo, though, and I knew that when I wrote it up. I don't think day 1 scumhunting is impossible, and from my perspective it seemed a bit town sided. Not sure if I'm the most experienced person to ask though.
I've played some mafia.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2014, 06:32:28 pm »

Day 1 scumhunting is quite possible.  Getting all town teams to correctly agree on who scum is, however, is quite unlikely to happen.

The main problem is that at the end of the day, there is absolutely no room for town error in voting.  If a single team has the wrong target, scum wins (vote tie at last minute).
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7