Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 83658 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 36: Goblin Extermination Squad
« Reply #705 on: June 19, 2015, 05:07:48 am »

Meh, keep it as is, but maybe make us cull obviously terrible examples of hyperspacery.

Right up until we buy the Hero RV.

"Hm. Now seems a good a time as any. I was reading a text from the library recently that allowed me to summon spirits heroic and mundane. Let me call upon a scout. The book did not describe how they would appear, so prepare yourselves."

Summon Spirit.

Stepping back you take the Darkwood Staff in hand, and begin to mutter the summoning incantation as you use the bottom of the staff to draw the binding diagram in the dirt creating a circle with a spiral leading inward and overlapping triangles surrounded by several glyphs. As you finish drawing the binding diagram you finish the summoning incantation, and you can feel your mana drain away as the circle lights with a dull black light that flashes once before being replaced with your summoned spirit. Floating in the middle of the circle you find the upper body of a person hovering with chains wrapped around its arms, and neck that disappear into thin air. The thing's fingers are tipped in razor sharp claws, and a look of pain covers its face as it awaits your orders.

-4 MP, Summoned a Wight.

Spoiler: Wight (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 19, 2015, 05:16:27 am »

"Well, it doesn't look like the occupants would be overly interested in a new +1 broom of cleaning or a subscription to Alchemists' Monthly..."
Investigate the signs and symbols, see if I can work out their exact meaning.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 19, 2015, 06:16:54 am »

"... Well. Seems someone was rather unfortunate in the past. Unexpected."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 19, 2015, 06:26:05 am »

"No kidding, have I mentioned how glad I am your on our side" Mark says keeping his distance from the newly summoned wight.
Mark stays on guard watching for any goblins or beasts that might try to sneak up on a distracted ally
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 21, 2015, 10:57:30 pm »

Can it speak? Maybe you could ask it why it's in pain.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 22, 2015, 12:44:10 am »

keep guarding and looking for threats.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 06, 2015, 11:50:06 pm »

"A wight? At least it isn't a skeleton or something."

Put Razor Sharp on my spear with the Whetstone, and Flaming on the Spear through Practiced Maintenance. Look around for threats from where I am.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shandrem Blanchfoot
After looking at the supposed goblin symbols for a time you realize them to be a twisted, and severely less complex version of the common tongue that is probably the goblins form of written language. From what you can gleam the symbols seem to say that this land is the home of a small goblin tribe known as the Blood Belters, aside from that the rest of the symbols are crude insults and warnings for intruders to live this place.

Mark & Elric
The two of you maintain a watch of the cave, and surroundings as the others finish preparing for the battles ahead.

Jase Bladeheart
You give a quick scan of the area, and find it void of any recognizable threat as you pull a palm sized whetstone from one of your pockets. Taking it in your hand you sharpen your spear before taking out a small skin of oil which you dumb on the blade before lighting it on fire with out a moment's hesitation. Swinging the spear you're quickly satisfied that your preparation was done well.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wight (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zein, Sarrak (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elric, Unholy_Pariah (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:14:36 pm by adwarf »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

SEND IN THE WIGHT!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why isn't Derm's mp depleted?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why isn't Derm's mp depleted?
I missed that, thanks for pointing it out.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

"Yeah send the expendable ghost first." Mark keeps his distance from the ghost as it passes by "So shall we head in or sit outside all day?" Mark if he can get at least two others with him follows the Wight from a distance spear in one hand dirk in the other
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"And next we send in the expendable new meat. Goblins ain't gonna kill themselves. Well, they might but that's no fun and we don't have time. Git along, little newbies. You're unproven and untested. This is your test, go prove yourselves. Oh, and watch for traps. I heard goblins love those." Jase says as he starts waving his flaming, sharp spear in front of him to attempt to herd the newbies towards the cave behind the Wight, just close enough they can keep sight of it.

Herd the newbies into the cave entrance. At flaming speartip  if I have to.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A question to those people on the waitlist, I've been contemplating running some side stuff over IRC (internet relay chat, probably on the darkmyst IRC server) for those on the waitlist willing to risk killing off their characters and getting themselves shunted to the bottom of the waitlist (assumign they'd still want to play). Anyway the general idea of it would be that you waitlisters would agree to become unavailable for a minimum of two missions, and during that time you'd be working for the Kingdom's army out in the Red Wastes fighting demons and such.

Working as part of the Kingdom's army for a two session duration would be more lethal than the normal game, but would have better rewards as a result meaning you'd get to earn something from it instead of risking your character for nothing. These sessions would take place at a set time that I, and the interested party(ies) could agree on though there would need to be a minimum of three waitlisters willing to form a group for it.

Aside from that I also want to check, and see if anyone would be interested in the idea of opening an IRC channel for this just for general questions about the game, and an easier method of slapping me until I actually do an update (if that is your preferred method). :P

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A question to those people on the waitlist, I've been contemplating running some side stuff over IRC (internet relay chat, probably on the darkmyst IRC server) for those on the waitlist willing to risk killing off their characters and getting themselves shunted to the bottom of the waitlist (assumign they'd still want to play). Anyway the general idea of it would be that you waitlisters would agree to become unavailable for a minimum of two missions, and during that time you'd be working for the Kingdom's army out in the Red Wastes fighting demons and such.

Working as part of the Kingdom's army for a two session duration would be more lethal than the normal game, but would have better rewards as a result meaning you'd get to earn something from it instead of risking your character for nothing. These sessions would take place at a set time that I, and the interested party(ies) could agree on though there would need to be a minimum of three waitlisters willing to form a group for it.

Aside from that I also want to check, and see if anyone would be interested in the idea of opening an IRC channel for this just for general questions about the game, and an easier method of slapping me until I actually do an update (if that is your preferred method). :P

Personally I´m not joining that.
Reason: timezone shenanigans.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 55