Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58

Author Topic: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 72; Game over man  (Read 46609 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 23
« Reply #345 on: June 26, 2014, 01:41:33 pm »

It was a 50/50 chance of getting into the city before the Boydinians, whoever got there first would be able to defend it and win out. I risked my entire southern army on a single roll of the die, but fortune favours the bold!
Apparently, you have been damn lucky on pretty much every single attack, not least in the fact that your enemies didn't notice you coming early enough to stop you.

E:
Spoiler: Boydinya's turn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ancoran Tribe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:48:38 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 26, 2014, 01:54:33 pm »

Fortunately, luck changes. We'll see how tough you are once I tech up even higher than thee.

Also, I remember lemon10 saying something about Labor being the most important currency. Lucky for me, I've got quite a bit. I'll have even more, soon enough.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 26, 2014, 02:28:01 pm »

Don't forget to actually take a turn today, Rolepgeek.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 26, 2014, 02:35:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 26, 2014, 03:55:50 pm »

Everything is always at a knife's edge with this game.

Spoiler: Turn 23 (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 26, 2014, 04:40:13 pm »

Fun facts: I currently have more Labor production than NQT! By one point! But that can change. I will widen that gap soon enough. MWAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Other fun fact: Even though NQT has more iron production than me, I have the capability to catch up soon, and it'll be a minimum of two turns until he gets any more iron production

Even more fun facts: NQT really likes axemen, while I'm using pikemen! And I have no idea what half the stats mean! Like MD. Or M. Okay, so more like a third. What do those mean, lemon?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 26, 2014, 04:48:49 pm »

M is movement. Most units have move of 2, and plains cost 2 to travel, roads 1. Your labour is good, but I have more and better units in the field and more cities (so more potential labour). It'll take me ages to get the iron by Kashyyk as I need to grow the city there as well as produce units to defend it and keep up the offensive. It's tough. I do like Axemen! They've got the best attack of any unit I have access to and I'm more likely to attack than defend.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 26, 2014, 04:56:05 pm »

I don't know what chargebreak is but I just hope it counters your Axemen. It might not. I might start needing to make cavalry once I have access to more horses.

You do have more cities for the moment, by 1 city, so you can get some more labor than me in a few turns if you really invest it, but I have great Population growth still, and with two mana sources nearby, great reasons to build more cities. Plus, once I get some more Iron I can work on getting more Engineering Guilds(I believe I could build an aqueduct in my capital in the next few turns if I focused on it).

My biggest impediment at the moment, actually, is wood production, so I can build the Iron-producing inspiration building.

I feel somewhat more relaxed about this game now that it's mostly a matter of fighting against one person instead of everyone, so I don't feel like sharing my problems and such(which anyone who cared to could figure out, at the moment, just by looking at the turns and such) is a dangerous thing.

You do have more units, and more experienced/better ones, (which makes me curious as to how you're managing to pay the upkeep), but your attention is also heavily divided; mine isn't.

Also, for the record, I was kinda screwed by my starting position. If I had started by the river as I would have personally preferred had I arrived earlier, rather than the sea...well, things would probably be going differently.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 26, 2014, 05:23:33 pm »

I don't know what chargebreak is but I just hope it counters your Axemen. It might not. I might start needing to make cavalry once I have access to more horses.

You do have more cities for the moment, by 1 city, so you can get some more labor than me in a few turns if you really invest it, but I have great Population growth still, and with two mana sources nearby, great reasons to build more cities. Plus, once I get some more Iron I can work on getting more Engineering Guilds(I believe I could build an aqueduct in my capital in the next few turns if I focused on it).

My biggest impediment at the moment, actually, is wood production, so I can build the Iron-producing inspiration building.

I feel somewhat more relaxed about this game now that it's mostly a matter of fighting against one person instead of everyone, so I don't feel like sharing my problems and such(which anyone who cared to could figure out, at the moment, just by looking at the turns and such) is a dangerous thing.

You do have more units, and more experienced/better ones, (which makes me curious as to how you're managing to pay the upkeep), but your attention is also heavily divided; mine isn't.

Also, for the record, I was kinda screwed by my starting position. If I had started by the river as I would have personally preferred had I arrived earlier, rather than the sea...well, things would probably be going differently.
Chargebreaker does not counter axemen, it makes them better against calvary. In the absence of horsemen, I would say axemen are better due to the lower labor cost (although a pikeman is very slightly stronger due to the +2 more health it has).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 26, 2014, 05:26:34 pm »

Turn 24
Spoiler: Turn 23 results (click to show/hide)
You may notice that Boydinya is pretty much gone now, I didn't see much point in continuing to play them as the only thing I could have managed to do would be feeding new towns to notquitethere. After this turn (where the city and the ground it stands on will be razed), they will no longer send any orders in.
-----
Admin interface
Player interface

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 24
« Reply #355 on: June 26, 2014, 05:46:27 pm »

Also, you can't build a Horse Pasture on a desert...

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 26, 2014, 05:52:54 pm »

The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 26, 2014, 06:00:54 pm »

HEY

WHAT DOES MD MEAN

Melee Defense? Missile Defense? Morale Damage? Initiative? What does it doooooo

Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 26, 2014, 06:08:25 pm »

Managed to grab access to a computer that had the ability to load the game.  Checking on auto'd turns that were made by Lemon gives me a guess as to the strategy that was being used, and I shall use.  Anyone want me to start another game of this?

Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 26, 2014, 06:18:13 pm »

Managed to grab access to a computer that had the ability to load the game.  Checking on auto'd turns that were made by Lemon gives me a guess as to the strategy that was being used, and I shall use.  Anyone want me to start another game of this?

Yeah, I would be very interesting in playing a match of this (from the start and to win).
HEY

WHAT DOES MD MEAN

Melee Defense? Missile Defense? Morale Damage? Initiative? What does it doooooo

Magic defense. Units that have magic attacks (eg. wizards), check attacks against it instead of defense.

Also, you can't build a Horse Pasture on a desert...
I'll fix that next turn.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58