Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 58

Author Topic: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 72; Game over man  (Read 46611 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 3X -tryray admining
« Reply #495 on: July 06, 2014, 05:54:52 pm »

I'm not going to allow trading on credit, too much bookkeeping to do
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 06, 2014, 06:00:25 pm »

Hmmmm.

That's not suspicious at all.

NQT choosing the one turn that I start moving my armies around in such a way that unless he moves his army, it's destroyed, and yet there's an opening for him to move said army around, to move his army around and towards me. That's totally not suspicious in any way. Especially since he went after me and made a comment about how many of us there were.

Also, Zanz, not how it's really meant to work, I think. A better way would just be to delay the trade until you get the food, but before you gain the pop. It's easy enough and there's no reason not to, especially since it's not like you'll be able to use the iron this turn.

EDIT: You can't sell buildings or anything, right tryrar?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:03:15 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 06, 2014, 06:15:33 pm »

Population isn't a resource so I don't think it should be tradable.
You can't trade pop.
Population isn't a resource so I don't think it should be tradable.

If not, then remove the one pop and five food and give kash 25 food (as said earlier, next turn since I don't have enough right now, but will next turn).
Yeah, I'll allow that, since the fact that you would need random luck to trade food otherwise. This is predicated on the fact that you gained a pop last turn though (eg. you are retroactively not gaining that pop, you aren't converting the people into soylent green).
EDIT: You can't sell buildings or anything, right tryrar?
You can destroy a building as a cities action (although it requires a admin to do it), but you can't sell a building.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 36
« Reply #498 on: July 06, 2014, 06:17:30 pm »

Hmmrpphhhh.

NQT you are lucky as fuck if that was honest play.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 06, 2014, 06:42:49 pm »

hey lemon, back so soon? :P
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 06, 2014, 06:51:55 pm »

hey lemon, back so soon? :P
Heh, thanks for taking care of the game while I was gone.  :P

If you are even remotely interested you can take over autoing players while they are gone from now on.
I don't really want to do it because it distorts the gameplay for the admin to auto players well (and I can't force myself to do it terribly on purpose), and I don't really want another player to auto others either (due to the obvious conflict of interests).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 06, 2014, 07:04:17 pm »

yeah, I saw that when Role had orangeworld trade 3 horses for 3 reagents. I actually almost said no, but then said "ehh, if Ranger didn't want something like this to happen, he should have come back."

Actually, I'll take over for Ranger if you want. Zanz's game seems to have died off(hint hint Zanz)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 06, 2014, 07:23:05 pm »

?

Ranger needed reagents in order to produce the Mage's guild I had been trying to go for to utilize the Earth Mana.

I needed horses(notice the horse place I granted him) in order to make horsey things, and he had a fairly large excess.

Anyway.

Spoiler: Mah Turn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 07:25:08 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 06, 2014, 08:16:25 pm »

?

Ranger needed reagents in order to produce the Mage's guild I had been trying to go for to utilize the Earth Mana.

I needed horses(notice the horse place I granted him) in order to make horsey things, and he had a fairly large excess.

Anyway.

Spoiler: Mah Turn (click to show/hide)
Yeah, that trade was fine. My concern isn't about you in particular, but rather allowing even allies to auto each other in general.
yeah, I saw that when Role had orangeworld trade 3 horses for 3 reagents. I actually almost said no, but then said "ehh, if Ranger didn't want something like this to happen, he should have come back."

Actually, I'll take over for Ranger if you want. Zanz's game seems to have died off(hint hint Zanz)
You taking over for Ranger now would be perfect.
E: If you get a turn up soon we can get to 37 tonight.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:21:13 pm by lemon10 »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 06, 2014, 08:23:34 pm »

Allies should only auto for each other if there is zero chance of them getting into conflict soon.

And even then...it can be difficult not to send troops from them to help you, even if they need them more.

Anyway. Hopefully the tide of war turns for the better for me.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 06, 2014, 08:38:26 pm »

Hmmrpphhhh.

NQT you are lucky as fuck if that was honest play.
Ehh, I think it was. Turn 35 was the first time you had good odds to win a battle attacking his city (2/3? 3/4?). At least that's what I presume given your reaction to his move. I presume he realized this too, and knew he had to move his army.
I don't think it was luck at all, because you both saw the same thing (your victory if you attacked, and his loss if he stayed there), and you both reacted to it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 06, 2014, 08:48:49 pm »

Aye, but he moved in such a way as to move past my armies(somehow) without them blocking his passage. Otherwise, he should have been blocked by the spearmen on those hills. As it is now, there's about a 50/50 chance of me killing his army, or him taking my city. While I can certainly take it before he conquers it, I have a great suspicion that he will lead me instead on a wild goose chase, popping between my cities and forcing me to try to catch up to him.

Tryrar, your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated, though I understand if you might be reluctant to engage his forces, considering many of them are pikemen. Actually I'm not sure if you even can do anything to help, which is mildly frustrating.

Maybe I should just send my tier 2+ units after his, and leave the spears to consolidate my gains... >.>

EDIT: also, yes, when I ran the simulations (15 units vs. 9 or so, with zero defense bonuses), he lost every time, while I took maybe one casualty. So perhaps it was; my suspicion is less the turn, and more the fact that he was able to send his army around mine with such ease.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 06, 2014, 08:56:47 pm »

Aye, but he moved in such a way as to move past my armies(somehow) without them blocking his passage. Otherwise, he should have been blocked by the spearmen on those hills. As it is now, there's about a 50/50 chance of me killing his army, or him taking my city. While I can certainly take it before he conquers it, I have a great suspicion that he will lead me instead on a wild goose chase, popping between my cities and forcing me to try to catch up to him.

Tryrar, your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated, though I understand if you might be reluctant to engage his forces, considering many of them are pikemen. Actually I'm not sure if you even can do anything to help, which is mildly frustrating.

Maybe I should just send my tier 2+ units after his, and leave the spears to consolidate my gains... >.>

EDIT: also, yes, when I ran the simulations (15 units vs. 9 or so, with zero defense bonuses), he lost every time, while I took maybe one casualty. So perhaps it was; my suspicion is less the turn, and more the fact that he was able to send his army around mine with such ease.
Ah. Yeah, he did get lucky there.

Armies move priority has two factors.
First: Armies move based on the speed of the slowest unit in their army (which means that all armies with siege equipment move after then all other armies, and armies composed of only boats/calvary always move faster then any with infantry).
Second: Sides get a random turn order. If your turn is before theirs then all your armies of the same speed move before any of their armies of the same speed (but if they have a higher speed their army will always move faster).

What happened in this case is that your turn was first, so your spearmen moved before his. But then he moved before your siege weapons, so he was guaranteed that he would escape. Since your spearmen had already moved they were out of the way so he could move the two tiles he needed to. Then your arm moved in to the empty city.

That said, moving that spearman out of the way wasn't a very smart idea (and you are lucky he didn't leave a rearguard in those hills too).

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 06, 2014, 09:00:28 pm »

Aye, I didn't think he would move his people into position, and I though it was more likely he'd keep his pikemen where they were and try and send them to pillage my iron mines/be a nuisance.

But yeah, I should have realized I could just send a force from my giant army to hit him in the face if his pikemen tried that. *Sigh*
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 06, 2014, 09:03:56 pm »

well, here's the turn:

Spoiler: Orangeworld (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 58