Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 58

Author Topic: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 72; Game over man  (Read 46610 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 59
« Reply #750 on: July 29, 2014, 03:49:33 pm »

Zanz still hasn't actually traded us anything yet, and seems to be trying to build a new Empire south of Boyd City without letting Ancora fade gracefully into defeat and taking over the reins of Orangeworld.

This makes me simultaneously suspicious and frustrated, since I was really hoping to have some Pyromancers and Drakes to deal with Orangeworld. The Mana burn would be extraordinarily helpful.

As it is now, I find it unlikely that I can win the Build-Up Game in the short term, as I have far fewer troops than Orangeworld, and those I do have are not entirely well coordinated. In addition to my troop production centers being quite a ways from the front lines.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 29, 2014, 04:01:05 pm »

Zanz still hasn't actually traded us anything yet, and seems to be trying to build a new Empire south of Boyd City without letting Ancora fade gracefully into defeat and taking over the reins of Orangeworld.

This makes me simultaneously suspicious and frustrated, since I was really hoping to have some Pyromancers and Drakes to deal with Orangeworld. The Mana burn would be extraordinarily helpful.

As it is now, I find it unlikely that I can win the Build-Up Game in the short term, as I have far fewer troops than Orangeworld, and those I do have are not entirely well coordinated. In addition to my troop production centers being quite a ways from the front lines.
Zanz wants to become a power in his own right again I presume. That means that he has to hold on to all the advantages he has, which presumably includes not giving everyone fire mages.
Now, I don't think he has a real chance at that (especially since it will take at least half a dozen turns for his first fire mage to get off the ground), but I wish him all the luck he can get. And he will need it going up against enemies with five to six times his income and production capacity.

You also seem be overestimating my troop construction buildings. Right now I can produce two endgame units per turn, and also produce 1 unbuffed halberdier per turn. You can produce more then that, and while I am going to get quite a bit more troop production soon, I won't be able to outproduce you for quite a long time. Now, in 4-5 turns my production capacity will be much more impressive, but right now you produce about twice as many troops as I do.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 29, 2014, 04:20:13 pm »

Zanz still hasn't actually traded us anything yet...

I'm waiting til I have a connection with both southern nations, and, since I am spending all my labor building up roads in the Ancoran Confederacy's old lands, I don't have contact established yet with the nation in the southeast.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 29, 2014, 04:22:35 pm »

Right now I can produce a Paladin/Pegasus Rider/Life Priest, a Dragoon, a Wizard, and a Swordsman/Halberdier/Knight(maybe 2 if I make a Life Priest) each turn. I cannot really compete with your Earth Mages yet, because of the sheerly huge defensive buff they give(plus their actually powerful, unlike Life Priests),and while Hydromancers will certainly help level the playing field, it'll be a while before I get them, and a long-ass time before I have anywhere near as many as you.

Do I think I auto-lose? No. But you know this game better than I do, and you've got the momentum. It'll certainly be close.

I mean seriously that's a bloody lot of farms and cities and crap.

What's funny to me, really, is that I currently have the largest(though that size is starting to strain) empire, at least in terms of labor, yet started with what was probably the worst position, other than Zanzetzuken's.

Even if I go down, I'mma go down in glory.

@Zanz: Ah, that would sorta explain it. Why you're trying to build so many roads there when they are closer to Kash and thus I think help him more than they help NQT, I'm not sure, but alright, I guess.

If you have a docks in your city, though, I think we can trade as is, though...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 29, 2014, 04:29:21 pm »

@Zanz: Ah, that would sorta explain it. Why you're trying to build so many roads there when they are closer to Kash and thus I think help him more than they help NQT, I'm not sure, but alright, I guess.

I'm putting up so many roads so he has to try to defend all the cities, rather than being able to focus upon a narrow pathway, as well as exposing resources to raiders.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 29, 2014, 05:03:35 pm »

Spoiler: Turn 59 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 06:11:13 pm by notquitethere »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 29, 2014, 05:24:26 pm »

So, actively being a dick to me, at the expense of your own nation?

Not that I don't think I deserve it, just want it confirmed :P

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 29, 2014, 05:57:43 pm »

Just waiting on Role.
So, actively being a dick to me, at the expense of your own nation?

Not that I don't think I deserve it, just want it confirmed :P
Of course that's what he's doing. He does seem quite angry at you.
Right now I can produce a Paladin/Pegasus Rider/Life Priest, a Dragoon, a Wizard, and a Swordsman/Halberdier/Knight(maybe 2 if I make a Life Priest) each turn. I cannot really compete with your Earth Mages yet, because of the sheerly huge defensive buff they give(plus their actually powerful, unlike Life Priests),and while Hydromancers will certainly help level the playing field, it'll be a while before I get them, and a long-ass time before I have anywhere near as many as you.

Do I think I auto-lose? No. But you know this game better than I do, and you've got the momentum. It'll certainly be close.

I mean seriously that's a bloody lot of farms and cities and crap.

What's funny to me, really, is that I currently have the largest(though that size is starting to strain) empire, at least in terms of labor, yet started with what was probably the worst position, other than Zanzetzuken's.

Even if I go down, I'mma go down in glory.

I think you are overestimating me significantly. Oh well, we'll see how it all turns out.
Also, Zanz: It would be really awesome if you *didn't* actually give Role fire mana (well, unless you gave me some too, but I have no clue how you would do that). I obviously can't stop you, but I don't see how giving him mana would be in your interests, nor would it really help with killing Kash.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 06:12:45 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 29, 2014, 07:17:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 30, 2014, 12:27:04 pm »

Turn 60
Spoiler: Turn 59 results (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle Details (click to show/hide)
-----
Admin interface
Player interface
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 01:39:52 pm by lemon10 »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 60
« Reply #760 on: July 30, 2014, 02:01:22 pm »

Spoiler: Orangeworld turn 60 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:03:27 pm by lemon10 »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 30, 2014, 02:05:15 pm »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 30, 2014, 03:03:11 pm »

Spoiler: Turn 60 (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 30, 2014, 10:34:49 pm »

Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 31, 2014, 10:09:15 am »

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 58