Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 51159 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2014, 01:24:46 pm »

Turn 1: Where the majority of players don't move from their starting room or even starting location. You probably should expect this turn to contain a lot of sass by me.

What on earth is happening...no time,must concentrate.

Tear off the wrecked hazmat suit,it'll only hinder me.
[19]: With a mighty... concentration, you grab the suit right on already-torn spots, and rip the top half of the suit off of the bottom, pull the top off, then rip the bottom in half, pulling it off too. The suit is now basically useless, you'd better hope to not be in any sort of situation where you need to not breathe poisonous gas.

Congratz, you now have the least items of anyone in the group at this very moment. Specifically, you have 0 items. Sorry, you don't get a cookie for that.

Lost Items:
Damaged Alexandria Corp Hazmat suit.

Tear off the hazmat suit

GAHHHHH, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!?!
[14]: Like your fellow scientist before you, about just as unintelligently, you tear off your hazmat suit after a bit of effort trying to get a grip. Being almost destroyed anyway, it does not resist.

Unlike your fellow scientist before you, you actually do have one item in your inventory. It's about as useful as the item you just destroyed, but at least it's something.

Lost Items:
Nearly destroyed Alexandria Corp Hazmat suit.

Find a surgical mask and put it on.
[18]: Normally, I would fail this. Considering you're located in a hallway to quarantine, there isn't many places to find one. However, because you rolled so high, you find a random mask on the ground that the janitor must've missed. It looks somewhat dirty, though. You put it on, anyway. It... just barely covers your mouth. Anyone looking from the side probably will see the maw though.

Also, congratz, you're the first to actually get a new item. Oh, and you regenerate slightly already.

Gained Items:
Slightly Dirty Surgical Mask.

Ashley merely moans, currently in too much pain.
You moan in pain.

You have contributed to this RTD in a very meaningful way with your first turn to be sure.

Examine surroundings.
[9]: You examine your surroundings. It's actually fairly easy.

This is a hallway, with one way leading to a dead end, and on the left and right there are doorways leading to 16 different quarantine rooms. There is nothing outstandingly useful (to you) in this hallway, for it is a hallway to quarantine rooms. On the other side of this hallway there is a fork to another hallway, which leads to many other rooms (which I have noted in the handy dandy spoiler which I expect to be read before anyone asks me about where they can go).

I have no witty comments to make of your turn, have a virtual cookie.

Look around.
[15]: You look around. Copy-paste time, because, frankly, duplicate actions shouldn't need differing responses. I don't normally copy-paste, but when I do, I prefer to usually have a good reason.

This is a hallway, with one way leading to a dead end, and on the left and right there are doorways leading to 16 different quarantine rooms. There is nothing outstandingly useful (to you) in this hallway, for it is a hallway to quarantine rooms. On the other side of this hallway there is a fork to another hallway, which leads to many other rooms (which I have noted in the handy dandy spoiler which I expect to be read before anyone asks me about where they can go).

"Oh god," Ms. Quincy says as she feels her gelatinous head.

"Oh god," she continues as she regards the other people with her, who seem to have become altogether more twisted.

"Oh god oh god oh god oh god," she begins to blubber as she considers what might happen next. As she does this, she makes sure to run her hands over her body to test for gooeyness - though it seems only the head was affected so far, this obviously isn't going to last.

Quietly treasure newly formed memory of non-gooey body parts. If there's a mirror nearby, run up to it and take a look at self. If not, see if there's any sort of sharp object freely available. Are there any corpses yet?
[20!]: Amazingly enough, despite this being a hallway to quarantine rooms, somebody added an otherwise completely pointless and perhaps even harmful (seeing yourself infected with some unknown lifeform probably would not put people at ease) floor-to-ceiling mirror. You look at yourself--you look how you would expect, except for the lack of a mouth, no hair, and your head jiggling when you move a quite a bit more than you're comfortable with. You're definitely ugly up top, to be sure. At least you have your eyes... Your fearful eyes.

There are no corpses, the infection just started and you are, like previously mentioned, off to the side from the main hallway where the only known infected have been seen running down. Plus, this Sub-Section usually just has the eight of you here, so there's not many people here. Chances are, the infected and the guys that you just saw are the only other people in this sub-section.

"Aw man, why did everyone else get to have the cool mutations.
Look around for dead bodies. If there are any, absorb them.
[15]: There are no dead bodies. It occurs to you that if there were any dead bodies, they would be where people are dying. Unless you guys were executing random people in this hallway, there shouldn't be any bodies, because the infection literally just started.

Also, you completely heal any wounds incurred by your mutation.

Everyone:
The sounds of guns being fired and people in pain briefly pick up, before getting quiet very quickly as if they were going somewhere. There is still a very nearby scream of pain, but it lasts only a few seconds before it stops. It is now mostly silent from where you're standing.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sjm9876-Malcolm (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:27:42 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2014, 01:30:25 pm »

"Oh god oh god," Ms. Quincy says quietly as she begins pacing around the hallway.

Take a quick look around the quarantine rooms - anything useful and/or threatening within?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2014, 01:33:02 pm »

Enter the research hallway. Examine surroundings upon arrival.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2014, 02:03:33 pm »

Move to the research hallway
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2014, 02:35:38 pm »

Research hallway. After the two guys above.

Anything threatening appears, kick it. in the balls, assuming it has balls.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2014, 03:52:16 pm »

I'll go ahead and do a turn with just you 4, since otherwise we'll just have a bunch of people going "go to the Research Hallway" with literally the same result, yeah?

As a note, you all can go to any of the areas listed in travelable locations, at any time, if you are a part of the group that has it listed, if you want to skip sections. In addition, you can even request to go back to areas you explored a long time ago. The downside for both, however, is if you get interrupted on the way by a hostile, you have no chance to defend yourself from the first strike.

Turn 2: If only you had feet.

"Oh god oh god," Ms. Quincy says quietly as she begins pacing around the hallway.

Take a quick look around the quarantine rooms - anything useful and/or threatening within?
[1!]: You peek into each of the the quarantine rooms for literally a second. You do not see anything useful. There does not seem to be anything threatening within either.

Suddenly, an alarm goes off and one of the doors slams shut. You just narrowly avoid getting your hand smashed by a high-powered metal door.

Enter the research hallway. Examine surroundings upon arrival.
[20!]: You enter the Research Hallway and examine your surroundings. You inspect every inch on arrival.

There are multiple cut and stab-related blood splatters leading towards the Section Exit to Section Primary, and indeed there is a dead security guard laying there cut multiple times. At least he won't be infected, right? There are a number of other blood splatters from bullet wounds--probably the infected. The various blood splatters lead to the Section Primary Hub, past the exit. The security guard does in fact have a pistol on him and some body armor, however the former is probably empty and the sec guards don't have much reason to carry too many clips, while the latter is wrecked with stabs and cuts. There is no security card on this guard--he probably lost it somewhere in the confusion. Regardless, considering you don't have hands, you can't really pick up any of it.

On normal days, you would've also been able to see to the Section Exit, but the light bulbs are broken from the fighting and, with this being deep underground, it's nearly pitch black there. You'd need to get closer.

On the other end, from the Contaminated Research Room, the pool of microbes is expanding on the ground faster than a spill-related expansion should--you think that the microbes are expanding by themselves, which is disconcerting to say the least. What's even more concerning is that a fly left from the Contaminated Research Room and flew past you. That... that is very bad.

Items on the Floor:
Delusha V13 Machinepistol (empty).
1 Delusha V13 clip.
Heavily Damaged Body Armor.
Sentinel Agency Guard Outfit (with Vanaard Corp markings).

Move to the research hallway
[8]: You move to the Research Hallway and slide a bit on the microbes which, as I mentioned, were expanding along the ground. If you were a human, you probably would've been fine after this. But seeing as you now have hooves, which you have no experience with, you slip and fall backwards and smash your head into the ground.

Suffice to say, you are slightly wounded by this.

Fortunately, Malcolm is around and helps you back on to your fee-er, hooves.

Research hallway. After the two guys above.

Anything threatening appears, kick it. in the balls, assuming it has balls.

[20!]: You expertly walk into the Research Hallway avoiding the sliding Jimbo while preparing to engage any threats. Fortunately, there are no immediate threats, so you decide to help Jimbo back on his... hooves.

It's at this point you notice the expanding pool of microbes on the floor that Jimbo slipped on. You're pretty sure that it's expanding faster than a normal spill should expand.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sjm9876-Malcolm (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 03:54:17 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

blazing glory

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2014, 03:55:07 pm »

Research hallway.

((May I mention that the hazmat suit would be useless since it was damaged anyway.))

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2014, 03:56:09 pm »

GO TO RESEARCH HALLWAY AND ABSORB DEAD GUARD INTO MYSELF.
"WHY A DEAD BODY! HOW PERFECT! NOW I CAN AT LEAST TRY TO RECREATE "THE THING"! THIS SHOULD BE..........!FUN!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 03:59:34 pm by darkpaladin109 »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2014, 03:57:29 pm »

Pick up gun. Place clip inside. Put body armour on over suit. Go to computer room. And you guessed it, examine my surroundings.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2014, 05:26:18 pm »

Getting use to the pain, Ashley head over to the Contaminated Research Room
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2014, 08:58:55 pm »

Search the research room for any notes related to my sort of symptoms, or any related strains I can experiment on.

EDIT: Edited for specificity.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:30:12 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2014, 09:12:44 pm »

Search the research room.
You're gonna have to be more specific.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2014, 10:06:19 pm »

Maybe...maybe the computer room has information on the status of the building...but it's probably on lockdown. Well I'm going to check anyway

To the computer room!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2014, 10:28:29 pm »

((As to what I'm searching for?))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2014, 10:52:53 pm »

((As to what I'm searching for?))
No, as to WHICH research room you are going to. There's four of them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35