Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 50863 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2014, 12:08:20 am »

"Well, I can hold guns somehow. Does that answer your question?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2014, 12:11:08 am »

uh. Sure? Boy do I feel extremely hairy....
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2014, 12:40:34 am »

Sure: inspect the cabinets for any useful computer related materials, loot the vending machine
Define "useful". What specifically is useful to you? Excuse my frankness, but I'm not going to scour the internet for everything that might potentially be useful to you, and I'd rather not give people something extremely vague like "computer materials". So I would prefer a specific set of items to look for if you have any in mind.

"Well, I can hold guns somehow. Does that answer your question?"
((Just so you know, you only got that gun because of that 20,))
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2014, 12:42:16 am »

((I'm aware of that, yes.))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2014, 12:45:23 am »

USB Drives,CDs, external harddrives

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2014, 03:37:44 am »

Knives or knife analogues. (ie scalpels and the like). 4, if i can get that many and have anywhere to put them.
Also a couple of syringes if available.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2014, 03:05:22 am »

Turn 4: The lower ends of a d20. Have fun, the dice always get their due.

Examine these people. Introduce myself.
"Hello, my name is Zack Abrams. And you are...?"
[10]: You examine the people. They are definitely not okay, just like you.

I could type more, but quite honestly introducing yourself is something you can do far better than I can.

"Oh god!"

Run like hell! To a different research room! It doesn't matter which one.
[3]: You turn around in panic to run to another room but you smack your foot into the doorway and nearly trip into the microbe pool, but you manage to just catch yourself on a wall. You eventually get a grip and get back up, but you don't manage to get to another room in time. You then notice several rats leap at you...

Stain W, bad. Card, good enough to risk it.

Grab card and then flee

[8]: You struggle through the microbes in a panic, eventually reaching the card after taking a noticeably long time, but your ears catch the sound of beating wings just behind you...

Gained Items:
Level 1 Security-class Security card.

I'm stuck in the same room with this thing....

Head to the section exit to section primary hastily.
[14]: You head to the Section Exit to Section Primary. You stop just as you see the scientist you saw earlier lying bleeding out on the ground with numerous stabbing and cut wounds. [6] He is too wounded to even notice you. As he has no reason to live and is in a lot of pain, he decides to give up life. He dies in front of your eyes.

Aside from the scientist, there are even more blood splatters all around. There is a Combat Knife on the ground, presumably from one of the guards, though he himself is not here. Presumably, he stabbed an infected and ran. Said infected is not here either.

The scientist doesn't have much himself. He has a security card, yes, but it is the same your entire team has so there is literally no reason to grab it. He does not have any other items, he probably just came from Sub-Section F after putting down his work.

Past the Section Exit, there is a lot of screaming and gunfire... More screaming than gunfire. You can't see up there very well, the electrics leading to the ceiling light must've been shot, and the desk lights from the side-rooms are mostly knocked over.

You notice the person you tried to leave come up right next to you. Is he following you? What is he up to?

Items on the Floor:
Combat Knife.

Go to sub-section F.
[3]: You slowly attempt to make your way to Sub-Section F, but you are met with a door closing, and you're pretty sure whenever they do that they lock. Probably closed by quarantine after having temporarily been opened by someone else.

You recall that there's a way to open quarantine doors when in "light" quarantine, but you can't quite remember.

You regenerate completely.

Go further down the hallway.
((The hallway is two-way, in addition I would prefer a more specific target. I'm going to assume that you're heading to the Section Exit to Section Primary))

[20!]: You calmly walk to the Section Exit and notice the same things as Starn. Only, you get a glimpse of the next room: There are 4 guns going off, while there are four distinctly non-human looking figures moving about attacking numerous human figures.

USB Drives,CDs, external harddrives
[2]: You open up the drawers, and notice that there are a couple USBs, no CDs, and two external hard drives. The supplier for the building was being harassed by her boss lately, Sub-Section F needed to borrow a couple CDs, and you had a couple USBs in the Contaminated Research Room working with the laptop in there. The same laptop that fell into the microbe soup...

You also recall one of the hard drives was failing and tomorrow you were going to move the files to the other.

You go to loot the vending machines, but all that's left is some candy. All the actual filling snacks have been eaten. The resupplier was to resupply the machines tonight at 10, after you guys had gone home, but you suspect that his plans may be canceled now.

Disappointing, to say the least.

At least you regenerate somewhat.

Gained Items:
Couple of USBs.
Failing External Hard Drive.
External Hard Drive.
Couple Bags of Candy.

Knives or knife analogues. (ie scalpels and the like). 4, if i can get that many and have anywhere to put them.
Also a couple of syringes if available.

[2]: You look for scalpels, but you realize that while you all usually keep boxes of spares, you all left them in the Contaminated Research Room when you were all dealing with a different project and you only have broken ones in here. You look for syringes, but you recall one of you guys dropped a bunch of them when they ran into another one of you. There's only one box left, but you recall the box also having fallen so some of them might be smashed too. You check the box and... indeed, a lot have been smashed. You can only find 3 in reasonable shape. There might be more, but you'd need to search again, but even more thoroughly.

You hear the flapping of wings behind you for a split second before it's quiet again.

Gained Items:
4 Broken Scalpels.
3 Syringes.

Quote from: Unknown Flying Creatures
Attack Ashley!
[7] versus [18]: Ashley hears the sound of wings behind her and she picks up a tray on a nearby table and smacks the creatures away from her. She manages to not even get hit once, though there's always next turn because she is still in the room.

Ashley notices the Strain F tentacle is now long enough to reach her.

Quote from: Infected Labrats
Attack Elsa!
[7] versus [13]: Elsa deftly dodges several rats as they jump at her, and only one manages to bite her with sharp teeth. While it hurts, it's not even nearly damaging to you as a whole.

Elsa then notices one of the flying creatures fly past her, and down the hall to the Section Exit.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sjm9876-Malcolm (click to show/hide)

Hostiles:
Spoiler: Strain F Tentacle (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2014, 03:09:12 am »

Go to storage room.
"I'll probably see you later. Try not to die, m'kay?"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2014, 03:16:45 am »

Leave, fast and then head to the normal Research Room
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

blazing glory

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2014, 03:19:19 am »

Pick up the combat knife.

Your turning into some kind of blob creature,you go check out what's through,I'll be following.

If he goes through then follow.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2014, 03:24:16 am »

Run! Run for one of the other research rooms!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2014, 03:33:49 am »

You too

Go onward to section primary

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2014, 03:41:30 am »

((By 'broken' i assume you mean bladeless.))

Anyway, Section primary
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2014, 03:44:52 am »

Absorb dead scientist, see if I can get a closer look without whatever's on the other side noticing me.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2014, 11:16:39 am »

Look around for a keypad or something to open the door with.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35