Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 51136 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2014, 05:30:15 am »

((Ah. New edit to my action! This time for realsies.))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2014, 05:32:07 am »

I never knew one person holding the only way to progress through the game in their hands without telling anyone was going to result in this much havoc.

Oh it's not that,it's the monsters who just don't die who are causing the havoc.
I never envisioned that it would be this difficult to do combat. I might have to switch to use a singular 1d20 to do combat instead of 1d20vs1d20 next time the players get into a combat encounter.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2014, 05:33:39 am »

Ash head for Section Exit to Sub-Section F
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2014, 08:13:22 am »

Just run,anywhere,just run.
Follow blazing.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2014, 12:16:37 pm »

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2014, 01:42:11 am »

Turn 10: Two people miss their turns like noobs and two mutate like newbs. Exciting.

Just run,anywhere,just run.
[19]: Okay. You run into the Research Hallway. You succeed about as well as you could ever succeed in running somewhere.

Suddenly, however, you feel your guts wrenching and your body changing.

The scales on your legs suddenly protrude far more obviously, and your legs expand and beef up. Your toes turn into long and large claws and your foot expands quite a bit. Your legs look like some sort of mix between reptilian and a quadruped, and are clearly far larger than any normal human would need their legs to be to stand upright. You are now quite unwieldy on these overly large legs, and running is probably going to be very tiring.

Go back to research hallway, search for a security card once there.
Edited.
[6]: You go back to the Research Hallway and search for a security card. You don't find one, and you don't know where you'd even find one in a hallway that was already passed by dozens of times.

You know something? Screw this. Check what the door is like, and examine its general mechanism. Then take a look at the card reader. Size it up real good, you know what I'm saying?

What exactly am I dealing with here? The sort of artistry you'd expect from a corporation that set a bunch of cheap non-microbiologists to work with dangerous alien bacteria, or is it the much more likely "take the lowest bidder" attitude?

If the latter, or even the former, consider if I can't use the tools in my disposal to somehow make this door open up to me. Bowing to technology is exactly what we scientists can't do!

[5]: You check the door. You don't see much, the mechanisms are covered by the exterior of the door, which is made out of solid steel.

You check out the card reader. Once again, the exterior leaves little about the interior to be seen. It is made out of reasonably but not overly cheap metal and durable plastic.

The impression you do get from the door and the card reader is a mix of prefabrication, fairly competent setup, and some detailed modifications. To your dismay, it is neither of what you expected. It isn't cheap, or disfunctional, intentionally or unintentionally. It's also not stupidly fancy. It is functional over all else, though there is a notable attention to detail as there are no large, exploitable gaps between the wall for the door or the card reader. There are also minimal jagged edges. Overall, the door and the card reader looks like a competent setup by people who had a fairly good idea of what they're doing..

You consider how you can figure out how to make the door open to you, but you quickly come to the opinion that you'd have to spend a large amount of time figuring out how the door works, an even larger amount of time trying to exploit tiny weakneses in the systems with tools not even nearly suited for messing with either, and quite honestly just opening the door the normal way would probably be far faster. Trying to pry apart a well molded seam between plastic and metal with a scalpel isn't a very appealing course of action to you, and god forbid you actually damage the system and bork up the door.

Ash head for Section Exit to Sub-Section F
[14]: You head to the Section Exit to Sub-section F. You come across a definitely locked door with a card reader to the side.

Follow blazing.
[10]: You less elegantly run after Starn and oh god he horrifically mutates from the legs down.

Follow these fellas
[17]: You slightly less elegantly run after Starn but still more elegantly than Felicia. Speaking of Starn, he mutates quite noticeably from the leg down. Those are some seriously large legs and feet.

Quote from: darkpaladin109
I do not make turn yet I must mutate.
Suddenly, your face contorts and it becomes a horrific sight. Your mouth expands and your lips disappear revealing your teeth, your teeth sharpen and lengthen and spikes of bone jut out of the back of your head. Your head extends backwards and your hair all falls off. Your skin also pales even further, and is on the verge of being colorless.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sjm9876-Malcolm (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

blazing glory

« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2014, 02:12:01 am »

((Right,lets stop bumbling about and try to head to the next level.))

Find Ashley.

((Sorry if this is somewhat metagamey.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2014, 03:42:10 am »

Search for other people! Maybe they have security cards! Like those people near the Section Exit to Sub-Section F, nudge nudge wink wink.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2014, 06:25:56 am »

Find other people.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2014, 06:49:27 am »

Swipe card in reader
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2014, 10:03:18 am »

follow Starn
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2014, 12:51:46 pm »

sjm9876's dropping out due to exams and "seeming inability" to remember to check the RTD board. Okay.

That means it's time for Wade to enter in, assuming he responds. He'll be in next turn. Hopefully scrapheap will provide me an easy way to introduce him into the game and not roll a 1. :P
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 12:54:07 pm by Tarran »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2014, 12:53:27 pm »

sjm9876's dropping out due to exams and "seeming inability" to remember to check the RTD board. Okay.

That means it's time for Wade to enter in. He'll be in next turn. Hopefully scrapheap will provide me an easy way to introduce him into the game and not roll a 1. :P
So, who's heard of GWGs ban?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2014, 02:38:39 pm »

Go to where Starn is.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2014, 04:16:27 pm »

That means it's time for Wade to enter in. He'll be in next turn. Hopefully scrapheap will provide me an easy way to introduce him into the game and not roll a 1. :P
So, who's heard of GWGs ban?
Obviously not me. Oh well, I guess I'm gonna have to remove him.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35