Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 50859 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #360 on: August 02, 2014, 05:00:28 am »

"Dogpile on the gunner!"

Circle around and move to bowl the gunner over from an unconventional angle, don't run straight at him. If the guy on our team with the gun starts shooting, wait until he's done, only then charge.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:59:40 am by Harry Baldman »

blazing glory

« Reply #361 on: August 02, 2014, 05:32:50 am »

Charge Guard 1,engage in grapple,try to manuver his gun towards scientist 4 while forcing his finger against the trigger from behind.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 02, 2014, 05:39:43 am »

Start shooting Guard 1.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

blazing glory

« Reply #363 on: August 02, 2014, 05:55:57 am »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 02, 2014, 05:59:59 am »

Action slightly edited with a conditional!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

blazing glory

« Reply #366 on: August 02, 2014, 06:25:41 am »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 02, 2014, 06:37:45 am »

((Wings for Erin actually is VERY appropriate, I've used varients of the same character before in mutation-based games, and EVERY single time she's ended up with wings. though they're usually bat-like wings instead of eagle ones.))
I've got to get out of here. If only I could hear like a bat, knowing where everything is around me by sound alone, maybe then I'd be able to slip past... Oh well, I need to focus on the here and now.
Scamper to the side of the room where there seems to be the least fighting, grabbing my taser and preparing it in case I need to use it, but keeping it hidden inside my pocket so I can keep the element of surprise. Use it on anyone that attacks me, but otherwise just look for a hiding spot from these monsters fighting each other.

((If someone talks to me, my action is likely to change.))
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:23:07 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 02, 2014, 08:13:56 am »

If only I could drain the life-force of my enemies with my touch, using it to heal myself or grow in power somehow (accelerate mutation speed).

((That's a strange thought to spontaneously have.))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 02, 2014, 09:45:24 am »

Bite scientist 1.

((Are PCs invulnerable? A baddy just rolled a 19 on sawing someone's spine, and as a result they're somewhat injured...))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 02, 2014, 10:22:59 am »

Take the pistol and look for a clip
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 02, 2014, 01:28:56 pm »

Help in eliminating Infected Scientist. Try to give my tail one more chance.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 02, 2014, 02:47:08 pm »

Start shooting Guard 1.

Please don't.
Why not?

Because the last time you started shooting it got these guys over.
What makes you think that there are people who heard the gunshots but didn't come over for whatever reason?

What makes you think that the NPC won't fire his equally loud gun himself, especially since he already fired three shots?

Really, there's little point in not shooting.

If only I could drain the life-force of my enemies with my touch, using it to heal myself or grow in power somehow (accelerate mutation speed).

((That's a strange thought to spontaneously have.))
"Oh, how I wish I could be a vampire, so I could become stronger and more horrific."

Anyway, this suggestion is a troublesome one. First, the first half implies the game relies on souls or something like that, or that you can gain life from sucking blood. The former is probably not going the happen, the latter is questionable.

The second, accelerating of mutation time is not going to happen because it is attempting to outright break "rules" I've set, and it's a bad idea anyway. Due to the rate of health drain to regen, faster mutation times means faster injury and thus will probably seriously put the character at risk of dying without any outside influence.

((Are PCs invulnerable? A baddy just rolled a 19 on sawing someone's spine, and as a result they're somewhat injured...))
Look, if I made it so called shots were far more effective, people rolling 20s against heads with stabbing weapons would probably instakill or almost kill people. Including players. Obviously, this is not a good game design decision.

People damage people proportional to their weapon and their roll. Whether their called shots do something or not is entirely arbitrary.

In theory I could make called shots have a greater effect, but then that would be completely against the point of this RTD, to have basically minimal rules. I made the same decision to not expand complexity the first time I changed how the combat system works, and I feel as though I should maintain the same stance.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:49:46 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 02, 2014, 03:27:26 pm »

"Oh, how I wish I could be a vampire, so I could become stronger and more horrific."

Anyway, this suggestion is a troublesome one. First, the first half implies the game relies on souls or something like that, or that you can gain life from sucking blood. The former is probably not going the happen, the latter is questionable.

The second, accelerating of mutation time is not going to happen because it is attempting to outright break "rules" I've set, and it's a bad idea anyway. Due to the rate of health drain to regen, faster mutation times means faster injury and thus will probably seriously put the character at risk of dying without any outside influence.
((Thought so, but I figured I'd get it out there early on. So you want physical mutations, not *impossible* abilities.))

-editing
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 04, 2014, 03:44:26 pm »

Charge the security officer and try to knock him to the ground
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35