Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 50848 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #405 on: August 11, 2014, 05:32:00 pm »

Turn 26: Oh my, we might, eventually, with good rolls, finish this combat and continue the party's wonderful aimless wandering.

Assuming, of course, you all can get past Scientist 4's Samarkand-level regen hax.

Keep attacking the Guard! With my appendages, obviously.
For reference, from now on if I don't specify what I attack with, assume I chose my appendages.
[4]: You swing and swing but cannot hit the evasive noncaring guard as he deftly dodges stands still as you accurately clumsily swing your appendages.

You are a disgrace to mantiskind, I hope you're proud of yourself.

As scientist 4 is going by,grab her arm/body and alter her course to charge into the guard.
[14]: You successfully alter her course and throw her in the direction of the guard.

They collide, but aside from knocking him over, neither is harmed in any way. Not attempting to puncture his body armor or even his clothing, her teeth do little damage.

Scientist 1 must die. While pretending to strike him with my baton, I actually sting him with my tail from behind.
[19]: You swing your tail behind the scientist, gaining momentum and swinging it forward into the first scientist. The tail stabs into his back, causing serious damage, but not killing him. However, your tail is now stuck in his back, and you won't be able to stab him again unless you get it out.

A change of tactics is needed!

Stomp with BOTH FEET! Hahahah! That Infected Guard 1 will surely feel the pain now!

[11]: You jump up and down with your feet, missing several times but eventually clipping the guard's leg with both legs.

His leg is bruised fairly badly, but it resists the attack and the bone does not break.

Fine, attack scientist 1's blood and flesh filled chest with my sharp claws
[2]: You turn around and charge scientist 1 but you miss by a mile as he is engaging with Alexander. In fact, one might almost say you had no idea where you were running at all.

You did, you just completely and utterly failed at it.

Snap scientist 1 neck with tentacles.
[9]: You grasp scientist 1's neck and begin to try and snap his neck. Unfortunately, your tentacles aren't quite good enough to grasp his neck properly, and you achieve nothing as he struggles against you and Alexander.

"Stop. Shooting. People!"
Attempt to circle around behind Infected Guard 1 and taze him!
[18]: You circle around and fire your taser, striking the guard near the head, shocking him quite a lot. He is still conscious via unbridled insanity and rage, but his ability to fight will be hampered a bit.

continue my search for medical supplies
[18]: After intense searching, you eventually find some medical supplies in the newly opened Panic Room. It contains a First Aid kit and various other medical supplies. Yes, you think you can in fact heal yourself quite a bit with this. First Aid will deal with immediate issues, while the other assorted medical items will allow further patching up.

You will, however, need to get someone else to pull the bullets out of your body.

As I am intelligent, I will assume that as you have no natural regen and you explicitly searched for this stuff that you want to take them.

Gained Items:
First Aid kit (5/5 uses).
Assorted medical equipment and supplies (3/3 uses).

Quote from: Infected Scientist 1
Saw that guy who stabbed me, aaah!
[17]: Alexander can barely react before the first scientist saws him across his chest and gives him a very painful cut as a result. As you might expect, the scientist is very pleased with the result.

Quote from: Infected Scientist 4
Grr, turn around and charge Starn! Bite him to death!
[15]: Starn suddenly finds the scientist turning around and charging him. Before react, he has her mouth-filled chest biting on both of his arms causing a fair bit of bleeding...

Starn is now quite seriously injured.

Also, as is her birthright, she regenerates.

Quote from: Infected Guard 1
Aaarrgh, shoot Starn!
[2]: The scientist fires one more burst from his gun, missing wildly due to being tasered and just plain being bad at aiming at the moment.

However, his gun finally starts clicking due to being empty. Well, at least he's not going to be shooting anymore. He does, however, begin wielding the weapon like a club, and with somewhat sharp edges and being made primarily of metal, it is somewhat dangerous.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lenglon-Erin (click to show/hide)

Hostiles:
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Guard 1 (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

blazing glory

« Reply #406 on: August 11, 2014, 05:50:42 pm »

Barrel into Scientist 1,slashing wildly.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 11, 2014, 06:07:20 pm »

Look for bullets for my pistol
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 11, 2014, 06:43:16 pm »

Maintain tentacle assault!
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 11, 2014, 08:09:35 pm »

Continue to taze Infected Guard 1 over and over and over until he stops trying to kill people!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 12, 2014, 03:47:40 am »

Snap Scientist 1 neck with my arm. Free the tail afterwards.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 12, 2014, 06:24:10 pm »

Patch my self up with my first aid kit and medical supplies

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 13, 2014, 02:33:57 pm »

Continue the doublestomp on that Infected Guard 1!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 16, 2014, 10:13:21 pm »

Turn 27: One of these days combat will be done.... ...Once the players stop rolling ones!

I think I rhymed there. Or something. Maybe. Regardless, I'm serious, if players don't stop rolling 1s this combat isn't going to stop, so stop antagonizing the RNG god doing whatever you're doing. This is totally all your faults, yes.

Barrel into Scientist 1,slashing wildly.
[13]: You turn around and charge at scientist 1, swinging wildly as you said. You eventually manage to score a hit on him, and he is pushed to within an inch of death.

You then notice two allies ineptly fumbling around with him, utterly failing to kill the sucker. Sigh...

Look for bullets for my pistol
[14]: You finally find a clip of ammo for the pistol, lying underneath another person's body. It looks and feels full.

However, you have come to the conclusion that you've probably found all the ammo you could find. You've searched quite a bit and, unless the guy was dropping clips on the other side of the room for no reason, there really isn't anywhere else clips could be found.

I hope it's not a wild assumption that you're probably both going to pick up the clip and reload the weapon. You will now find your pistol loaded in your status.

You regenerate.

Maintain tentacle assault!
[1!]: I swear, I'm not fudging with these rolls. I... really don't know why you're having such a hard time fighting. Maybe you just need to... shift your posting position, so other people will get your rolls? I donno. Lady Averages isn't playing nice regardless.

Anyway, you utterly fail to control your tentacles, your brain is not designed to use all these tentacles, and you end up randomly moving different parts of your body. Safe enough to say, you can't even maintain touch on his neck.

Continue to taze Infected Guard 1 over and over and over until he stops trying to kill people!
[17]: You reload and fire another taser, striking the guard again. He is still conscious but he seems to be loosing senses.

You finally regenerate slightly.

Snap Scientist 1 neck with my arm. Free the tail afterwards.
[1!]: You reach for the scientist's neck, but your arms cramp on the way there. You quickly question how your arms could possibly cramp up, and in questioning you do not free your tail.

Meanwhile, in another universe, the GM is wondering how unlucky you were to be the second 1 roll this turn.

You regenerate.

Patch my self up with my first aid kit and medical supplies
[15]: Despite having very little formal medical training, you stop the majority of the bleeding you are suffering, healing you quite a bit. However, the bullets are still in your body, so you don't suture the wounds--leaving bullets in your body is a decidedly bad idea. You'll probably need someone else to get them out, because doing so yourself would be both very painful and quite a bit more risky than someone else doing it.

But anyway, congrats on the first intentional healing action in the game, as far as I can remember. Though it's a bit of a dubious achievement.

Continue the doublestomp on that Infected Guard 1!
[18]: You continue jumping to try and stomp on someone trying to get up. Miraculously, you actually manage to stomp his head fairly solidly, bruising his head quite a bit. However, you are not going to get a cave-in of his skull until he's near death because no instakills plz.

He is seriously wounded though. But still not dead! Everyone is both having a horrible time with attack rolls and not prioritizing enough.

Quote from: Infected Scientist 1
Argh! Fight Starn back! Die die die!
[10]: Starn suddenly finds his wild flailing met with wild flailing and he finds another cut on his body.

He is now even more injured!

He also regenerates! Starn's attack was thus promptly completely negated. If only everyone else didn't roll 1s.

Quote from: Infected Scientist 4
Well, one person is tasing my friend, one is not doing anything, and everyone else left, so let's start biting on the taser jerkess.
[16]: Erin suddenly finds her relative neutrality shattered by the biting of teeth on her chest. It is both a very unpleasant and a very painful experience.

Erin is now quite injured!

The scientist also regenerates.

Quote from: Infected Guard 1
You know, Scientist 4 has a good idea, and I'm tired of being tasered. Hit her!
[17]: Despite being heavily tasered, the guard manages to smack Erin with the stock of the SMG and lightly bruises her face, hurting her further.

It would probably be a good time to run, since everyone seems to have left you.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lenglon-Erin (click to show/hide)

Hostiles:
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Guard 1 (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

blazing glory

« Reply #414 on: August 16, 2014, 10:32:07 pm »

Run to the Portion hub hallway.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 16, 2014, 10:38:38 pm »

Shoot infected scientist 4
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 16, 2014, 10:49:48 pm »

"Aaaaahhhhh!"
GetItOffGetItOffGetItOffGetItOffRunRunRunRunRun!

Taze anything that tries to stop / catch me
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 16, 2014, 11:30:42 pm »

Run to the Portion hub hallway.
I would like to note that running into unknown territory over known territory with a friendly already there in any game when severely wounded is the tactically inferior decision.

But I do kinda understand why you made your decision. Well, assuming you made the assessments of which place was safer rather than just running for the nearest unexplored area.

blazing glory

« Reply #418 on: August 17, 2014, 12:02:24 am »

Well right now I'm bored so yeah I want to find something else,if I run into creatures again then I'll probably either die or get bored and quit because of endlessly long combat.

And right now I'm fine with either result.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:05:52 am by blazing glory »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 17, 2014, 01:31:29 am »

Well, with Blitz and Tamer both having guns, combat should be relatively close to ending now unless they roll poorly. Or Blitz continues to not post. If he continues to do so, everyone has my permission to take his gun.

But okay, if you want to. Do note that any potential loot in the room (and that is in fact more than just what the hostile NPCs are carrying) is almost certainly going to be taken by others and, due to the fact that nobody seems to be interacting with eachother, there's probably going to be no sharing.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35