Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 774398 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1080 on: September 28, 2014, 05:44:34 am »

Crash on (z)ooming to migrant arrival from (a)nnouncement. Might not be TWBT related but here are two crashes if you want to lake a look. The initial automatic zoom hasn't caused a crash.

Win7 64bit, DFSP 40-11r3(TWBT 5.12)

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9802

edit: The auto zoom on event doesn't ever seem to get the right place though. Maybe because I have a 16x16 graphics set and a 10x15 text set?

Some weirdness in automaterial plugin. I added more checks so it shouldn't happen in 5.14.

Quote from: muppet9876
The auto zoom on event doesn't ever seem to get the right place though. Maybe because I have a 16x16 graphics set and a 10x15 text set?

I remember a problem with auto-moving map to center on something (zoom to location, follow a creature, maybe other) if tileset-size and TWBT-tileset-display-size were different (i.e. load game with any 16x16 tileset, use "twbt tilesize 32 32", follow a dwarf).

Yeah, it's one of the things that are problematic with different tile sizes. I think I'll fix creature following, but I don't know how to fix zooming to announcement. However after (z)ooming you can just move cursor with arrow keys and the screen will move to the right place.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1081 on: September 28, 2014, 08:01:42 am »

Rejoice!
In version 5.16 standard zoom commands affect map tiles and not text tiles when on the main dwarf mode or adventure screen. Also there's now "twbt tilesize reset" command (but standard reset zoom df command works too), and custom tile size is preserved when switching between windowed and fullscreen modes.

Vin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 28, 2014, 09:53:40 am »

Rejoice!
In version 5.16 standard zoom commands affect map tiles and not text tiles when on the main dwarf mode or adventure screen. Also there's now "twbt tilesize reset" command (but standard reset zoom df command works too), and custom tile size is preserved when switching between windowed and fullscreen modes.

Thank you for your hard work!

muppet9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 28, 2014, 02:42:55 pm »

Crash on (Esc)aping or "Return to game" from options menu with fortress loaded. 5100 and 2252 are crashes from escaping out of (R)eport screen back to the (no ONLOAD script run). For a while I thought it was something to do with seedwatch or another ONLOAD plugin or script since running it seems to guarentee a crash in one or two attempts. However it'll crash without parsing ONLOAD, but may take many esc presses or Enter over "Return to Game" or maybe only one or two.

Win7 64bit, DFSP 40-11r3 TWBT 5.16, not forced any crashes on TWBT_LEGACY setting.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9809

Forgot to put my dfhack init in the zip (just in case its relevant)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

muppet9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 28, 2014, 05:42:56 pm »

All going good on ver 5.17. ty for the quick fix :)

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 28, 2014, 11:29:54 pm »

ptw

UristWoodie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 29, 2014, 09:40:01 am »

New to TWBT...trying a very basic POC, to create building image ("WORKSHOP_CARPENTER")...w/o any luck (or errors)

StarterPack PyLNP DF 40_13, R2

Created new image (72x72 pixels)
Added it to existing tileset (Vanilla DF - 24x - Items.png) and overwrote the top left 72x72 pixels, saved as Workshop1-24x.png.

overrides.txt:
Modified first line
[TILESET:Vanilla DF - 24x - Items.png:Vanilla DF - 24x - Items.png]  to
[TILESET:Vanilla DF - 24x - Items.png:Vanilla DF - 24x - Items.png:2]

Added entries
[TILESET:Workshop1-24x.png:Workshop1-24x.png:3]
[OVERRIDE:Tile:B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER::0:3:1]

Started DF, doesn't seem to make any difference.  I'm guessing that I still need the original Tile ID# for the Workshop?  Where can I get that?

(...and what else am I doing wrong?)
 :'(

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: September 29, 2014, 10:52:25 am »

Hi,
Sorry for my ignorance, I've been trying to figure out what to do with the 5.17 update file... there is a few files into it and whatever I do it doesn't fix the font while in the game.  The right menu is still way too small. I thought this would fix it?

What should I do?

Thx.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 29, 2014, 11:32:49 am »

@UristWoodie

I didn't try workshop overrides but from what I understand you need one override for each tile.

You should read this post from meph
If I understand correctly, he modified the raws so that each tile of the workshop is different. Then the tile id will be what you wrote in the raws.

Edit: As scamtank said, this only works with custom building (soap maker and screw press, the others seem to be hardcoded).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 11:46:18 am by Clément »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: September 29, 2014, 11:40:12 am »

You can take a given symbol from a given building and replace it with whatever. Period.

This means that you can't really turn default workshops into bitmap puzzle pieces like you can with custom workshops. You can take the [ and make it a chair and turn all the ▓:s into tables and such, but not alter the overall arrangement.

UristWoodie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 29, 2014, 12:01:03 pm »

@Clement (sorry for the lack of the accent) and @scamtank

Thanks...so we cannot replace the OEM workshops at this time without considerable effort and remapping other objects.  I'm hoping for some future change there, I think that would be a significant enhancement.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 12:02:36 pm by UristWoodie »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 29, 2014, 12:30:58 pm »

You can still use overrides for workshops, but if two tiles are the same, they will still be the same with overrides.

Here is an quick example :
Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:34:B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER:Workshop::leocean:16]
[OVERRIDE:61:B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER:Workshop::leocean:17]
[OVERRIDE:93:B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER:Workshop::leocean:208]
[OVERRIDE:176:B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER:Workshop::leocean:209]

34 is the center top tile, 61 the top right, 93 the bottom and 176 are the three table tiles.

UristWoodie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 29, 2014, 01:42:40 pm »

So this means that just the tables in a workshop will display using leocean:209, and tables not in a workshop will display with the graphic pack default?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 29, 2014, 01:47:13 pm »

You can still use overrides for workshops, but if two tiles are the same, they will still be the same with overrides.

Here is an quick example :
Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:34:B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER:Workshop::leocean:16]
[OVERRIDE:61:B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER:Workshop::leocean:17]
[OVERRIDE:93:B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER:Workshop::leocean:208]
[OVERRIDE:176:B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER:Workshop::leocean:209]

34 is the center top tile, 61 the top right, 93 the bottom and 176 are the three table tiles.
Very nice I had no idea you could replace that stuff yet (I did see that stuff in the readme but I focused on items first). Instead of [OVERRIDE:176:B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER:Workshop::leocean:209] you should probably be using [OVERRIDE:176:B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER:Workshop::#:209] 0 is the font, 1 is the graphics_font, 2 is the overrides for weapons/armors normally then 3 up to 1000's is whatever you add. Just seems simpler that way, I think the tiles on it have to be 16 wide by 16 down (as in 256 tiles total but that doesn't restrict them to be 16x16 it just means you need 16 32x32 or whatever size you choose "tile images" per row).

Yes but instead of things that already exist someone could create a image for them.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 185