Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 173639 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Wrong side of the Dakka
« Reply #255 on: June 04, 2014, 04:22:50 pm »

((This is objectively terrible but also just hilarious. OOC I'm laughing like PW probably is.))

"Uh, Faith? I think we've got a situation here. I believe our APC just shot up the diner area. Also, the stairs leading up are blocked by a very large metal door, same utter blackness effect as with the outside of the building. How are things on your end?"
"Wh- why would- Lerman? Hasala? Who's down there and what happened?

As for my end, I can't see through the barrier even by looking through wires that presumably go through it. There's a hatch, though, so that's good. Would like to go down into it, but I'm not sure if I can afford to be out of radio contact right now."

"God dammit, I knew that APC would be nothing but trouble. Any medics still in one piece, tend to the wounded and stay the fuck down. And don't touch the shiny implant in what's left of the chef's head."

Crawl up to the shiny thing and use an artifact container to scoop it up. Then continue crawling to the door, and try and get a good look at the APC. Charge an exo bonus to rip the gun off, trying to leave Lerman in one piece.
"...chef's head?

And just so we're clear, I have medical training but no medical supplies. I can come help with obvious stuff, but unless somebody else brought tools but can't use them, I suspect we're stuck shoveling bodies into the APC.

...how many bodies do we have, anyway?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 04, 2014, 04:27:25 pm »

"Looks like a bunch of wounded, one friendly casualty, and a chef who had a shiny thing in his skull. It's okay, the chef threw a cleaver at me and buried it about six inches into a brick wall, so I'm pretty sure he wasn't civilian."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 04, 2014, 04:36:11 pm »

"If you'd like, I can try coming up there the same way you came and go in through the hatch first. I'm not entirely positive trying to force this door is a good idea anyway."

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 04, 2014, 04:36:35 pm »

Just seeing the cook's head splatter into gore would have been enough. But then Yttra's teammates start exploding. Kyle's guts are on the floor. Bullets are coming out of the walls. This shit is not shit that happens on a good day.

Get down. Flee via back door. Hide behind building and damaged riot shield. Curl up into a ball. Whimper.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:35:35 pm by yobbo »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 04, 2014, 04:44:44 pm »

Stay on the floor.

"YO STOP."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 04, 2014, 07:00:57 pm »

"Of course it would be my left arm.  I expected friendly fire, but this is crazy."
Army crawl to the arm and grab it and whatever it was holding.  Army crawl to the hatch to the basement.  How does it open?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 11:10:45 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 04, 2014, 09:19:04 pm »

"BLOODY CHAINGUN!"
Charge around the side of the chaingun then get into the apc and beat person manning chaingun thoroughly from inside the apc thus out of the line of fire, keep head protected by arms and riot shield, try and stay in blind spot while approaching
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:22:55 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 05, 2014, 11:25:20 am »

Leave through the back door of the building. Make sure I'm on the opposite side of the building than the APC. Climb the walls like GeckoFaith did to the roof. Once there, see about opening that hatch by tearing off the padlock. If opening is succesfull, peer into the hatch with cameyes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 05, 2014, 02:31:59 pm »

((piecewise
smurfington said that he added 3 Will at the end of the Hephaestus missions. Has this been accounted for?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 09, 2014, 04:10:19 am »

"Thanks, Pancaek.

Steve, got any information on police activity? I find it hard to believe they haven't been alerted. Any idea what their procedure is for something like this, how open they'll be to threats or letting us deal with the cult for them, anything?"

Haul Chestless and Gutburst to the APC. Ask Steve about the fuzz.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 09, 2014, 06:30:45 am »

((I hope I'm not actually being mind controlled or y'all are screwed.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #266 on: June 09, 2014, 10:52:07 am »

"FUCK!"

Scramble towards the hatch on the floor and see if it'll open. If it opens, climb down if I can. If not, try to find some piece of cover to hide from the angel of death that's spewing murder through the walls.

Also, try to evaluate how badly my arm is hurt. Can I still use it?

Your arm is, for lack of a better word, Floppy. The bone in your upper arm has snapped right in the middle and everything below that breaking point is all tingling and numbness. You drag yourself and your dead arm over toward the hatch, keeping yourself pressed against the tile, small as possible under the bumble bee buzz of bullets overhead. The hatch itself is secured by a padlock, but that seems to be the extent of its security measures.

((I WARNED YOU ALL
also, I give up at this point, bring on the chaos from my bad luck))

((WHY SMURF WHY MUST YOU DO SOMETHING THAT EXCEEDINGLY DUMB))

((Don't you 20/20 hindsight me!))

Try getting off the turret.

If because mindfuckery I can't, turn on the radio! Mow down the blackness!

*manical laughter* THIS IS GREAT! I should probably stop though...
[Will:2]
Ho ho ho.

"God dammit, I knew that APC would be nothing but trouble. Any medics still in one piece, tend to the wounded and stay the fuck down. And don't touch the shiny implant in what's left of the chef's head."

Crawl up to the shiny thing and use an artifact container to scoop it up. Then continue crawling to the door, and try and get a good look at the APC. Charge an exo bonus to rip the gun off, trying to leave Lerman in one piece.
You slither across the tile and scoop up the shiny thing along with a fair chunk of gray matter and deposit them in the artifact container. That done, you slither back out of the room and into the alley, slowly making your way over to the back corner of the building where you can look down the side alley and see the apc. You get an eye on it, careful to stay as much in cover as possible.

Just seeing the cook's head splatter into gore would have been enough. But then Yttra's teammates start exploding. Kyle's guts are on the floor. Bullets are coming out of the walls. This shit is not shit that happens on a good day.

Get down. Flee via back door. Hide behind building and damaged riot shield. Curl up into a ball. Whimper.
You follow Morul out of the building but not around toward the side alley. You crawl the opposite way, getting the dumpster between you and the building, and by extension you and the gun. You then wedge the shield against the dumpster and cower behind the shield.

Stay on the floor.

"YO STOP."
"YO STOP. CUT THAT SHIT OUT, YOU BIG BAKKA!~"

"Of course it would be my left arm.  I expected friendly fire, but this is crazy."
Army crawl to the arm and grab it and whatever it was holding.  Army crawl to the hatch to the basement.  How does it open?
You grab your arm, an action done with a lot more nonchalance then you would expect from someone grabbing their own severed limbs, and then crawl over to the hatch. It opens outward, or at least it would if there wasn't a padlock on it.

"BLOODY CHAINGUN!"
Charge around the side of the chaingun then get into the apc and beat person manning chaingun thoroughly from inside the apc thus out of the line of fire, keep head protected by arms and riot shield, try and stay in blind spot while approaching

You charge the APC from the side and leap straight to the roof of the vehicle. Lerman sees you coming and releases the gun, instead taking up his riot shield in one hand and his cutting torch in the other. You swing your night stick at his temple, and he deflects it with his shield. He bashes his shield against yours and then swings the cutting torch toward your knees. You leap back, dodging the blow. You're left standing there, face to face, glaring at each other from opposite ends of the APC roof.

Leave through the back door of the building. Make sure I'm on the opposite side of the building than the APC. Climb the walls like GeckoFaith did to the roof. Once there, see about opening that hatch by tearing off the padlock. If opening is successful, peer into the hatch with cameyes.
You wait until the shooting stops and then sprint out into the back alley and climb the wall. You skitter up to the roof and join faith, pushing past her and reaching for the hatch. You're about to touch it when you suddenly stop yourself.  There's something wrong here. It can't be this easy. With the shit down stairs and that blacknesses within and those unbreakable windows it is becoming increasingly clear that there are quite unnatural forces at work here. Forces that want to keep this building secure. You doubt they're just gonna let you pry open the door and walk in.

"Thanks, Pancaek.

Steve, got any information on police activity? I find it hard to believe they haven't been alerted. Any idea what their procedure is for something like this, how open they'll be to threats or letting us deal with the cult for them, anything?"

Haul Chestless and Gutburst to the APC. Ask Steve about the fuzz.
..You sure you wanna do that?

>Oh they're alerted alright. But they're gonna be a bit. They're assembling the Swat team equivalents so you've got, probably about a half hour before they show up. But when they do show up, they're coming hard and angry.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 09, 2014, 12:42:14 pm »

((It's canon: D'usse talks like a hybrid between a gangsta and an otaku.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 09, 2014, 12:44:51 pm »

((It's canon: D'usse talks like a hybrid between a gangsta and an otaku.))
((A FRENCH hybrid between a gangster and an otaku.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 09, 2014, 03:14:44 pm »

"Nap time."

Use the Force my amp to grab Lerman's shield, and carefully bash him in the head with it, trying to knock him unconscious.

((So glad I grabbed this amp. Has served me admirably.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 72