Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 174107 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #465 on: July 11, 2014, 06:21:22 pm »

"I think I might have a way to deal with the police without getting into a firefight, although it's really iffy, and can just as easily backfire. Permission to go ahead with it?"

((I'm already free guys. Corsair's char let me out.))
While you're in the kitchen you let Morul out of the basement.
((OH! So he did. Excellent, just as planned.))

"...can't you at least tell us what it is first? Especially if it's just hiding and letting the tower and police murder each other?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 11, 2014, 06:23:19 pm »

((I mean my teammates weapons, there has to be one or two dead teammates lying around.))

Run back downstairs like a kid on Christmas Day and hop in the turret.

"Driver! Get me in range of the road!"
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 11, 2014, 06:26:31 pm »

"Essentially I'm going to try and convince them that there is something seriously wrong about this place, and impress upon them that everything we have done here was for the benefit of the community, and hopefully convince them to either help out, or at least not interfere. Best case, we get some armed reinforcements. Worst case, we start praying they're horrible shots. So, permission to go ahead?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 11, 2014, 06:59:09 pm »

"Essentially I'm going to try and convince them that there is something seriously wrong about this place, and impress upon them that everything we have done here was for the benefit of the community, and hopefully convince them to either help out, or at least not interfere. Best case, we get some armed reinforcements. Worst case, we start praying they're horrible shots. So, permission to go ahead?"
"Uh... how do you intend to get them to not shoot you long enough to explain this to them? Steve said they were coming in angry.

I'm also not sure how I feel about trusting them, under your best case there. We can probably handle them clustered together better than we can handle them spread out."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 11, 2014, 07:10:40 pm »

"Well, I was planning on standing out front with my hands in the air for one. As for their trustworthiness, as far as I care, as long as they aren't shooting at us, I'm good. For the most part, I'm hoping that the knowledge of the cult being evil or at least alien will get them to agree we aren't the problem. And really, do you have any better ideas?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 11, 2014, 07:13:00 pm »

((I mean my teammates weapons, there has to be one or two dead teammates lying around.))
((Yttra put all the dead teammates in the APC. She also stole their weapons already. Unless you want a shotgun, there's still a shotgun here.))

So the army's almost here and we're still… i don't know what the *&^% we're doing.

Try to figure out how the suit's comms work and what they can do.

Quote from: @Kyle
Hey hw long d–

"*&^%"

Quote from: @D'usse
Hey hw long d yu thnk yu cn stall m?

Oh $#@! is that goggles? He's alive!? Maybe he got the thing!

Yttra feels a small twinge of hope that the mind controlling alien overlord might have been shut down.

@Morul: "Hey! Hey the thing, did you get the thing? That *&^%ing thing in the basement, did you get it?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 11, 2014, 07:19:56 pm »

"Well, I was planning on standing out front with my hands in the air for one. As for their trustworthiness, as far as I care, as long as they aren't shooting at us, I'm good. For the most part, I'm hoping that the knowledge of the cult being evil or at least alien will get them to agree we aren't the problem. And really, do you have any better ideas?"
"I'm not going to stop you, but it sounds unlikely to work to me and I'm not sure how much of a position we'll be in to rescue you if it goes south. Remember that we've, uh... got some explaining to do, and they might not believe you about the cult. Best of luck if you're going for it.

As for better ideas... having Pancaek ambush-roll them was my first choice. Dunno how well that'd have worked either, and now it's harder for him to get to a roof... so no, I suppose not."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 11, 2014, 07:32:06 pm »

"Don't you have some funny looking corpses up there? Maybe some alien artifact? We can always show them that. If not, I can always ask Steve to send me the video from my helmet-cam for when I knocked off someone's head and they kept trying to kill me. Oh, and the magical mystical water controlling asshole. Because those are both things that happened. And if that fails, I have an amp recovered from a cult dude. If they don't believe us about the alien shit, they'll at least have to consider it."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 11, 2014, 07:38:53 pm »

Quote from: @D'usse
Hey hw long d yu thnk yu cn stall m?

Quote from: @Yttra
Can you resend that with proper grammar and syntax? Your message difficult to decipher in its immediate state.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 11, 2014, 08:25:52 pm »

"Yeah, but remember that these are probably-angry goons. Probably not as bad as us, but probably not as used to dealing with serious stuff either. They might just look funny at whatever you show them and then throw it in a bag for somebody else to figure out later. Hell, that's half what we're doing, and we're supposed to be the professionals at this.

'Magical mystical water controlling asshole?' What happened with that?"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 11, 2014, 09:49:17 pm »

"I wanted a hostage to interrogate, so I was merciful. Didn't work out. I killed him."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 12, 2014, 12:09:08 am »

Faith made a sighing sound over the comms.

"Same as it ever was.

...oh. You probably weren't here to see me get possessed and take a few people's legs off, were you? It's contained now as far as we can tell, but there's a reason my arms are like this. We think that keeps it in check; hopefully it's necessary or I'll feel very silly after this."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 12, 2014, 01:22:06 am »

"Huh. You know, I still haven't cleared the basement out, so someone may want to cover that hatch. Or close and lock it again. And can I assume you've given the go ahead for my plan?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 12, 2014, 01:36:23 am »

"Yeah. Good luck, and... hope you aren't shot or beaten repeatedly.

That didn't come out as positive as I was hoping for."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 12, 2014, 05:55:39 am »

"Look Morul I want to get us all moving before the police get here we need to run... I'll get the APC out of sight but in an alley nearby so you can slip away (or escape) easily"
Get back in the APC and signal to the driver to move us into a nearby alleyway (Use pictures to communicate if necessary) with the rear-end facing back to the street we are in, if anyone is dead/unconscious get them dragged into the back.

Quote from: @Faith
I am moving everything to the APC you need to hide / move or something also wrangle cat lady sometime I am not going searching for some insane cat person and their hostages
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 72