Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 174114 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #555 on: July 20, 2014, 12:27:05 pm »

Enjoy the ride.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 20, 2014, 12:42:27 pm »

Stabilize self. Locate hostages. (Even though they probably won't be necessary anymore.)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 21, 2014, 08:03:19 am »

"Understood, I'm just gonna wait here. I will act If something happens. Can someone tell me what is Faith's equipment?"
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 21, 2014, 09:20:28 am »

"Understood, I'm just gonna wait here. I will act If something happens. Can someone tell me what is Faith's equipment?"
"As far as I know, she just has her synthflesh body and that amp club. The synthflesh was damaged, I believe. Didn't stop her from vaporizing my legs and destroying half of the city block, but you know."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #559 on: July 22, 2014, 11:08:56 am »

Ah, perfect landing! Wish I had some music for that...
"Everyone okay?" asked Flint as he got his mining laser ready, looking around for any potential threats.

Scan the area with cameyes (looking for living/moving things and anything out of the ordinary (beyond the obvious)) as I move towards Pancaek's position, so that I can carry him around.

If possible, try to help Jack out of the rubble along the way.

While doing so, be on the lookout for any danger, be it space magic or possessed teammates. Industrial Mining laser is in position for a sweep against any potential target's legs, ready to retaliate in case of danger.

Ask Steve the following:
"Pancaek says some of our allies have been mind-controlled. Can you give us access to our possessed teammates camera feeds? Or their locations?"

EDIT: The building I pointed at was the one TCM is in.
Your cameyes are having something of a problem seeing. The dust and smoke has rendered motion tracking worthless, there's so much radiant heat from the fly over and something down the street that everything is just glowing an indistinguishable dull orange, and x-ray shows some stuff down the street, but none of it that looks like an enemy, just rubble.

You thud over to where jack is broadcasting from and lift the majority of the rubble off him with one hand before continuing to the diner. You grab pancaek and lift him up so that he can perch himself on your shoulder like the most terrifying parrot imaginable.

>The feed from Faith is black right now, but there's sound. She must be somewhere dark and not switching to a better vision mode. Morul is looking down at the street from the roof of a building, but the dust and smoke is giving  you cover. He can't see anything down there, at least through morul's eyes.

Calmly take off my helmet, and look around calmly, with a smile on my face, and think of those good old days when I fought with my clan against those who called themselves civilized

"Ahh yes, I know this smell, it brings back good memories, just like it was yesterday, smells all just the same."
You take off your helmet and inhale a nice big lungful of burning hot, toxic rocket exhaust and powdered brick. The next 30 seconds are filled with painful hacking and coughing, which leads to you inhaling even harder, which leads to even more coughing. Eventually you put your helmet back on, blink the tears away and sniff until your nose stops running.

"....yeah...nostalgia..."

Quote from: Jack->Pancaek
Uh, situation update here.  I appear to have been buried.  Not sure where, I'll see what I can do.
Can I struggle out of the rubble somehow, or am I packed in?
Flint saves you from your rubble tomb, and you shrug off the rest of the rubble he missed. You're scratched up and a bit mangled, but not really any worse for wear then before. Well, one of your mechanical eyeballs is hanging out of your skull, but thats fine. Now you'll always have one eye on the ground.

Quote from: Pancaek->Flint
Yeah, I think I can manage crawling to the entrance. Just be ready to pick me up, I'm in no condition to be out in the open with all the hostiles still around

Crawl on my stomach to the diner entrance and be picked up by Flint
I'm gonna assume you're now talking like Gilbert Gottfried

"Very well."

Go check on the building Flint pointed at.

"Hello?" Jack says into the rubble.
looks to Flint

"Okay."

walk into building and look around
You walk over to the building Flint pointed at and, after climbing through the smashed open storefront, find Someone in a MK I laying semi-conscious in a corner, near a closet that is screaming. Huh.

Charge dynamic uncon bonus.

Climb a fire escape and try to get a good view of the diner and faith.

You climb up to the roof of a nearby building, but all the smoke and dust is making seeing anything impossible. You hunker down and wait for the dust to clear, getting yourself set up in a good shooting position as you do.

Fight the influence. If I succeed, call out "Come to me Anna!", and if it works, attempt to bind her arms behind her back with my amp.

((Please work please work please work.))
The consciousness in your head seems to recognize you, smile, and then promptly crush you into some obscure corner of your own mind, completely disconnecting you from your body.

Get to the top of the building and look around, ready to avoid any incoming attack. If I locate Faith or Morul enter BT and prepare to attack.

Renen here. I am at the top of a building right now. Will try to locate the problematic teammates from here. Miya, permission to use force?

You skitter to the top of your building and look around. No sign of faith, but you can see morul standing on another nearby roof; an island of concrete and brick in a churning sea of dust. You concentrate and the world slows down.

((Sorry for late reply, had to work really late. Still, it seems Flint is doing a decent job right now, luckily.))

Quote from: Pancaek->friendly comms
rescue squad, please come in. This is Pancaek, glad that you're here. How briefed are you about the situation?
((I'll just assume Pan said the same to Miya as he did to Flint, to save time.))
Relay info from Pan to rest of rescue team.

"Team, Flint has the right idea here. Everybody be careful and do not let any ally come close to you until that person is confirmed safe.

Pancaek, try to rip Morul's braincase out of his body with your amp, if you can get a lock. Secondly, anyone who has a clean shot should try to shoot off Faith's legs. Yes, I know that's dangerous for Faith, but letting that thing have her mobility is that even more so. We really don't want to give her any further chances to move or fight. We can try to tie her hands behind her back next, but we need to limit her mobility first.

Knuser, put your damn helmet on. I can't track your progress otherwise.

Steve, I need you to zap Lerman unconscious. Now.

Get to the top of the building and look around, ready to avoid any incoming attack. If I locate Faith or Morul enter BT and prepare to attack.
Renen here. I am at the top of a building right now. Will try to locate the problematic teammates from here. Miya, permission to use force?
"Permission granted, but be careful: it seems they can take control over bodies via touch, so don't let them. Do you have any ranged weapons? If not, you should wait with engaging for now, but stay ready for it. Or maybe provide targeting solution for Pan."

Orders, some for Steve.

>Shocking.

Wow.

Wow.

Yttra watches in awe. Everything else so far has been… well, everything else. But this is unreal. It's like a scene from a movie. A scene from her favourite kind of movie.

Watch from the window, making sure to stay inside the building's protective shield.
Man, so that's what competence looks like! Neat!
Switch to Gungnir laser rifle, shoot anything hostile that comes near the APC.
I believe you will find that you are unconscious.

Hell yeah some action! Cecil looks for some good throwing rocks to throw at people or a nice sturdy club like object to bash some skulls in

((EDIT:: Goddamn auto-correct. cloud-like object!?))
You gather a few halfbricks, the best kind of throwable object, and a long piece of rebar you find in the rubble. Beatings mode: Activate.

Quote from: @Steve
Require evac coordinates or other instructions.

Quote from: @Miyamoto
Currently evacing wounded team-members from danger zone.

once apc is out of danger zone order driver to get to pickup point or location told by steve, send message to steve / miyamoto
stop apc out of the way get wounded out of apc
You have the driver pull into an alley a few miles away and unload everyone from the back of the APC. You have the wounded help you pile the dead up, kick Lerman off the turret and down into the alley, and then take your place in the passenger seat and wait for more instructions.

Enjoy the ride.
You enjoy the "sitting in an alley with dead people" ride.

Stabilize self. Locate hostages. (Even though they probably won't be necessary anymore.)
You feel mighty dizzy and dazed; everything is swimming and blurry in your vision, including the two guys in space suits standing over you. You wave at them, drunkenly.

"I fell down, Nyaan~"

No one can see anything from the crater up the street, but they can hear the thudding, the sound of slabs of concrete and asphalt being shifted, and something moving up and out of the hole. From his rooftop perch Morul just sort of stands there, idly scanning the scene. He looks over towards Auron and Renen for a moment, blinks and then keeps looking around, apparently uninterested.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 22, 2014, 11:18:47 am »

Switch over to my echolocation visual filter and see if it can penetrate the smoke and dust floating around.

Use my dynamic bonus to melt faiths lower spine if i get a clear line of sight to her and shes moving slow enough that i can get a clear shot.

If i cannot see Faith, jump off the roof and through a window into the next building and begin working my way towards the crater through cover.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:53:17 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 22, 2014, 11:40:43 am »

"That's strange, I didn't think closets are supposed to scream? New model?"
Charge uncon bonus, take out my blade, and prepare to open closet
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #562 on: July 22, 2014, 11:50:06 am »

Ask Steve the following: "I assume you've isolated the possessed's comms from ours, right? If not, could you please do so now? Still listen for info, if possible, but don't let them listen back.

Also, pleaser report any changes from their cameras or beacons to Miyamoto and the rest of the team, OK?"

@Pancaek:"Okay, gotcha. Hold on tight and keep your eyes and ears open." Well, what's left of them, anyway. "Especially your ears."

Flint swithed to X-Ray again, given that it was the most likely to give him an early glimpse of the target as he slowly scanned the area in front of him while taking a few careful steps forward.

@Auron: "Auron, do you still have that sonar? If yes, it could be very useful for tracking Faith and any enemies we might have missed."

@Pancaek and everyone:"Listen up everyone.

Steve says Faith is somewhere dark. She's alive but I can't spot her with my cameyes due to all this interference. The moment you spot anything, the moment you hear anything weird, you notify me. Me and Pancaek will come as soon as we can, but until then, you have to keep her back. Her speed makes her extremely dangerous and all this dust is giving her extra concealment. So I suggest you stay put and keep your guns ready until we know where she is. Listen for suspicious noises. She's hidden from sight, but she can't hide her sound.

Morul is up on a roof. The dust is giving us cover, so he or anyone else around here can't use his amp on us, at least for now. I advise you to use that to our advantage and try to stay in the cover the dust provides. If you try to take him down, try to get him from behind and watch out for whatever possessed him."

Drop that crate Miyamoto had me carry inside/near the diner's entrance, so that it is concealed from the outside, if possible.
Start walking towards the crater. I don't know how much noise a battlesuit makes, but if it's not too much, try to move silently, if possible.
If I keep hearing slabs of concrete moving, walk faster. If nothing happens after a dozen seconds, stop moving and just look and listen.
Keep scanning with X-Ray and normal vision, hoping Faith's metallic skeleton will stand out. Keep my ears open.
If I spot or hear anything hostile, stop, take aim, report it and fire.
If someone says something hostile is coming my way, stop, take aim, and fire.
If someone else something hostile on the ground, run or rocket towards the target until they are close enough to fire upon them and fire.
Standard attack is slice its legs off/limit its mobility with my industrial mining laser. Be sure to also allow Pancaek to see the target so he can make his own attack.
If something bad gets too close, make a rocket-pod assisted jump away from it. Don't be shy to kick buildings or the blacktop if it would help me change my direction of movement and dodge.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:31:04 pm by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 22, 2014, 11:55:38 am »

"Sure i do, lemme switch it on. Oh and keep an eye on the dust cloud, Faith might just have her eyes closed to protect them from the debris her sub-orbital death strike kicked up."
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 22, 2014, 01:27:27 pm »

Feyri awaited the comms to come in from the rest as she analyzed the area. Three people from memory, easily recalled, yet as if galaxies away, standing right by her side. She knew these people.

It seemed like forever since urban combat became a sight to feel for her, and she wished it would remain a memory. It reminded her of a nightmare that put her in all this, in the first place.

(Radio/Wristpad)
Everyone, keep vigil in mind and sight. Keep with your thoughts and recognize any stray or intrusive ideas. We're dealing with cult and 'magic', but I know there's a system to all this. Order in what we know as chaos, which they operate on, and which our allies have fallen under.

We're on the low ground. Check the higher locations for shooters or any approaching enemies--usually the more dangerous group, the people we must rescue and the cultists.

Cecil, I want you to take point, if we're moving and call out anything you find amiss. Auron, you're our spotter. Switch optics to check the area where our friends are and use any other device capable of sensing them. Priority: Faith. If we're encountering any civilians, armed and against us or any local police--do not shoot unless you're either sure they're hostile or being...magick'd. Use these otherwise but save them for any of our allies if they prove...uncooperative.

Flint is in charge, yet stick to the open places when there's lacking cover. We do not want to be recipients of amps and whatever kinetic forces they can bring, with gravity being against us in this case.

Distribute stun grenades to the rest of my team. 2x to Jack and Auron, 1x to Cecil.
Examine the immediate vicinity. Also give Cecil my Rotary Gauss gun.

Feyri clasped Cecil's shoulder and lit up a :( using her holodisplay.
Looks like someone went into war without ammunition...or a gun, for that metaphor, anyway.
But you've an amp. Use it well--always be aware of the hand wielding the glove..

...And teach Cecil how to use it .__.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:42:38 pm by Tiruin »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #565 on: July 22, 2014, 01:40:59 pm »

"Well, I'm not in charge, technically. Miyamoto is. I'm just giving some advice when I can. If Miyamoto gives an order that contradicts what I said, then listen to him, he knows more."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 22, 2014, 01:47:38 pm »

"Well, I'm not in charge, technically. Miyamoto is. I'm just giving some advice when I can. If Miyamoto gives an order that contradicts what I said, then listen to him, he knows more."
You receive a ping in your wristpad.
:P
Fire-team Leader, sorry. I missed that term.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 22, 2014, 02:25:02 pm »

Jack takes out Shotgun before helping person in MK1 get up. Then initiate overwatch on the closet.

"Are you injured?" Jack asks D'usse after helping her/whatever up.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #568 on: July 22, 2014, 02:29:37 pm »

:P
Fire-team Leader, sorry. I missed that term.
Flint got his arms out of the battlesuit's control cuffs and typed a quick message in response while he continued walking forward.
Quote from: Flint Westwood to Feyri Nirel
Don't worry, just making sure there's no misunderstanding.
Glad to have you with us.

He had only worked with the girl on his first mission, but he remembered she was considerate of human life yet capable under pressure, traits that were both admirable and useful, especially on this kind of mission.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:39:53 pm by Parisbre56 »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 22, 2014, 02:37:17 pm »

Cecil hustles over to a sturdy wall and stands with hid back to it. Setting down his rebar and bricks, keeping one secure in his amp, asks Miyamoto,
So Boss. I'm not so good at this. What am I s'possed to do?

He scans the field of dust and debris, looking for something hostile to lob his brick at.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:07:48 pm by Pufferfish »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 72