Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 173643 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #735 on: August 05, 2014, 01:28:44 pm »

Feyri felt that familiar and deathly urge...that same urge which told her that those she is responsible for, is under direct threat.
She hated it when that happened. She was unsure.

Team. One of us is in dire trouble. That means anyone in the diner area or otherwise- ...hopefully.
-I need a head tally. Who is not among us? Is there anyone not on the same level as we?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #736 on: August 05, 2014, 02:25:58 pm »

"Hey, Steve? You know about amps, right? What's the range on those mind control ones? If I mind controlled someone on the ground and then sent him to orbit, at which point, if any, would I lose control?"

Watch drone. Watch Morul. Ask Steve.

If my second floor teammate asks help, edits will be made to this action.

EDIT: Grab Morul and head down to the hole Faith came out of.
If Headless has attacked by then, shove Morul through the hole so he can disable him (keeping headless' brain intact in the process, preferably).
If Headless has not attacked, then try to persuade him to stand down and drop to his knees, informing him that he will not be harmed if he does so. If he does not comply, proceed with above dismembering.

If at any point Morul does anything suspicious, rip him apart until only his braincase is left.

If Morul is unable to attack for some reason (or if his attack fails), try to dismember Headless by shoving the the cutting laser through the hole and firing.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:30:48 pm by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 05, 2014, 02:47:44 pm »

"Well everythings on standby but i stil cant tell what its supposed to do, lets loot the shit out of it before some cultist flips a switch and it magically reanimates this guy or starts spewing out clones or something."

Turn on the life signs monitor and make sure there arent 6 or 7 sets of life signs.
Gently push the corpse off of the throne and into a spare box using my reiterpallasch, or let pancaek do it with his amp.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 05, 2014, 03:30:50 pm »

"As an amp user, range is limited to line of sight and willpower. Sure you could mind control a guy standing on the horizon, but it's gonna take more juice than if you try the guy standing next to you. Or, at least that's how it is with mass amps."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 05, 2014, 04:10:37 pm »

Damn corpse gives me the heebie-jeebies. Never did like old, dead things. Cecil accounted for, Boss.

Hand Feyri my flashbang. Go look to see where the machines are pulling power from. That corpse gives me the creeps. Be ready to punch the everloving shit out of him if he so much as settles.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 04:36:47 am by Pufferfish »

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 05, 2014, 04:23:04 pm »

@Jack, Flint, and the rest of aboveground team: "$#@!! There's someone on the second floor! He doesn't have a *&^%ing head!!"

If there's anyone other than headless in the room, immediately flee back downstairs. Otherwise attempt to goop headless, then retreat.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:28:28 pm by yobbo »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 05, 2014, 05:23:03 pm »

You keep an eye on the drone cam. Faith seems to be moving through downtown and is heading out back into the suburbs beyond. You don't see any obvious targets in that direction, it's very odd.

((She might just be running in the hope of escaping and restarting the cult someplace else. Either way, I'm not dedicating any manpower to hunting her down until the diner and basement are secured.))

>The only for sure way is a brain scan but we don't have the stuff for that in the suits. Less sure ways are to look at how he moves, speaks and reacts, as well as asking him questions only he would know.  All of these things CAN be faked to make it seem as though he's not controlled, but doing so quickly, reliably and believably is difficult.

"Hmm. Morul, suppose that Flint was a shuttle flying toward a meandering crystal, what would you do?"

Listen to his response, and observe his face and such through his suit sensors to try and determine if he's still being influenced.

((For the record, my plan was to wait until those two from the apc had returned, then I'd have assigned some of them to start sweeping the upper levels. Guess that plan got... forcefully accelerated.))

"Yttra, get the hell out of there, gonna send you back up. And never do shit like that again without telling somebody about it goddammit.

Jack Catar and Knuser, get up there and help Yttra, she's on the diner's second floor. Find her and regroup, shoot that headless thing if you see it.

Flint, watch Morul's reaction first, then check if you can help with the headless guy situation. Oh, and why in the name of all that's holy are those civilians still not gone? You have the people to do it for you even. Is this such a hard thing I'm asking of you? If you cannot complete such an easy task, I have to wonder whether putting you in charge of that team was a good idea."

"its Konrad sir"
"Just a slip of the tongue, don't mention it."

(you realize you're not on this team, right?)

Piecewise, for the moment Pancaek is indeed helping out the basement team, as per Miya's orders. Because I wanted him to be where we thought Faith would show up.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 05:52:55 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 05, 2014, 05:28:53 pm »

Checking out those around her, Feyri radioed Flint.

It seems we've found something special down here under the diner--seems to be taken care of at the moment. However...

I had this feeling someone is in, or will be facing dire danger. Probably in and around the diner area. Check your team, please.

Equip Rotary.
Keep watch on the rest and check for any signs of trouble amongst them//listen for anything wrong, and inspect the machines.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 05:59:05 pm by Tiruin »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 05, 2014, 05:30:07 pm »

Checking out those around her, Feyri radioed Flint.

It seems we've found something special down here under the diner--seems to be taken care of at the moment. However...

I had this feeling someone is in, or will be facing dire danger. Probably in and around the diner area. Check your team, please.

((Flint cannot hear this, radio from the basement cannot reach people on the street due to that 'vertigo' wall of blackness.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 05, 2014, 05:30:48 pm »

((Flint cannot hear this, radio from the basement cannot reach people on the street due to that 'vertigo' wall of blackness.))
((Do I even know this o_o
Or is this something I missed?))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 05, 2014, 05:35:40 pm »

((Feyri went through that wall to get in the sewer basement. Check the beginning of the mission to, or more specifically this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138807.msg5371949#msg5371949))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 05, 2014, 05:44:30 pm »

"Yttra, get the hell out of there, gonna send you back up. And never do shit like that again without telling somebody about it goddammit.
"*$#@! like &^%$ing what?" Yttra says, already trying to get the hell out of there.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 05, 2014, 05:58:00 pm »

((Feyri went through that wall to get in the sewer basement. Check the beginning of the mission to, or more specifically this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138807.msg5371949#msg5371949))
((Fudge, editing x_x))

Having thought out the idea of sending the message to Flint in meticulous and great detail that it seemed even real to her, Feyri signaled the others around her in the chamber.
...It is a chamber right? The one under the diner?

The machines seem to be receiving power from somewhere. Turn them off and finish securing the area. I do not like the feelings I'm receiving about this place. Speaks of death and danger to come.

Given the recent headcount-
from which Cecil was quite the eager one to reply and respond, I'll be moving back to check on the others and Flint. If anyone wants to follow, please do so.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 05, 2014, 06:00:59 pm »

"Should some of us stay down here?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 05, 2014, 06:07:09 pm »

Feyri looked at Renen.
Depending on the leader's decision. I feel amp-users are best suited for this environment. Secure the perimeter, record all happenings at present, and get out.

If this speaks of the cult's activities, my best guess is to halt anything we can regarding it. Like the energy supplying these machines.

She looked at the corpse.
Strange that it seems like an idol. An adornment perhaps? Can someone sense it out? Seems like the throne would be similar to an altar given the...looks of it, symbolically anyway.

Status of the machines and the area? When I said halt it, I mean after a unanimous decision. The corpse is tied to them, and is important enough for this kind of secrecy and protection.

Can anyone determine it?

« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 06:09:37 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 72