Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 174148 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #810 on: August 11, 2014, 08:24:27 am »

-inside of the 'basement'-

Scan around for hostiles or danger.

If Faith, hands behind her back with mass amp. If other danger, react accordingly. If nothing, charge exo bonus

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #811 on: August 11, 2014, 01:08:11 pm »

"We are about to get company!"

Get into cover and ready laser rifle.
You kneel down and point your rifle down the other tunnel.

Go around moving in BT at BT speed, not at normal speed. Try to look arond for any traps or any enemy. Quickly go outside and send the video feed to Steve and Myia if Feyri didn't sent it. After Steve or Myia say something go back to the basement and get ready to fight what is comming to the basement.

Steve, Miya, that's what we found there at the basement. Should we take the body? It seems it may actually be powering the machines instead of the other way around.

You are fast enough to get up  and send the video feed, but not quite fast enough to get back down again. Mainly because that vertigo barrier has the same time displacement regardless of speed of the entrant.

"So, uhhhh, you guys cool with me? Or is Flint gonna continue carrying me around like a robotic security blanket? Because I can be useful."

More brain rest.
Alright, you're at 100%

"Roger that, boss. Okay, you heard the boss. Through the hole, roboman."

Give Morul the keys if I can, then push him through the hole to the first floor.

Keep watching the drone. Is Faith going towards the suburbs or is she going towards that telescope?

Tie the other end of the rope somewhere so that headless is hanging over the alley near beside the diner.

"Don't worry, I won't leave you hanging."

EDIT: Oh, and does Steve know where that satelite dish in the roof is pointing towards? Or what that radio telescope is working on? What need does the UWM or this world in particular have for radio telescopes?
You toss morul through the window into the SECOND floor with Feyri and the rest of them.

She is fairly clearly going for that telescope.

You anchor headless to the ceiling so he's dangling over the alley.

>It's configurable about it's exact location, it could be pointed at a cone of the sky encompassing hundreds of stars and inhabited planets.

>It's officially a monitoring outpost for interstellar threats.  One of the major reasons this planet is settled is that it was on the outskirts, so it can keep an eye out for incoming threats.

Get ready to search floors, I guess.  Try to follow a tough looking person around.
Feyri is pretty tough looking. You decide to stick with her.

Hustle upstairs to the second floor.
You hustle up to the second floor and meet up with Feyri and the rest.

Feyri showed Yttra her other rifle.

So whoever attacked you is upstairs. Then there's some presumption that in between the wooden floor is something hollow or metallic? If, say, I fire this right above us, and given the conductive properties of this weapon's discharge, do you think it would be disrupted?
"Conductive…" Some of these words are making Yttra's head hurt. "I think the barrier zapped someone so it'd probably stop electricity too, yeah. It's not metal tho, someone fell thru that hole over there into the kitchen."

"If there's no barrier it would probably go thru. Could try firing a laser to test, if you have one. Or we could just find out who had the keys and try going thru the door."

Right into a trap.
Feyri checked her Rotary.

"Yeah, no. You throw in one of my stun grenades (which I believe is my last unless the rest I gave to the others are still intact) and announce our presence, I'll 'emphasize' our entrance."

Get to where Yttra announced; shoot it up as per training dictates. Be wholly aware--if I'm actually shooting an ally, or if our entrance is not met with immediate aggression, hesitate and examine the area.
You fire up into the ceiling. The wood burns away easily, but something shimmers between this ceiling and that floor, a wall of boiling nothing that stops the laser dead and heats up to a cherry red in the process.

"I have…" she checks "4 flashbangs. And 2 goo grenades. And 2 smoke grenades."

Ready flashbang. Carefully throw / roll / lob it into wherever Feyri breaches. Try not to *&^% up.
You decide....not to flash bang yourself.

-inside of the 'basement'-

Scan around for hostiles or danger.

If Faith, hands behind her back with mass amp. If other danger, react accordingly. If nothing, charge exo bonus

"Looks like company, im gonna need more boxes."

Wait until the splashing gets a bit closer then finally use my dynamic amp bonus to create a white hot tripwire at waist height.
The thing that comes around the corner is probably Faith, but she's moving so fast all anyone can make out is a vague blur. Pancaek lashes out, but his reactions can't keep up with her movement, and he catches hold of air. Auron manages to create his tripwire and throw it out toward her, but the blur leaps and rebounds off the roof, dodging the attack and landing with a splash. Water sprays as Faith moves through it, seemingly ignoring both Auron and Pancaek, not to mention Jack who just barely manages to get a shot off at her and misses. She blurs into the room, skids to a stop and slams back first into one of the egg shaped machines.  She turns and roars a challenge at the men assembled there, and then charges toward Auron.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #812 on: August 11, 2014, 01:56:09 pm »

((Sorry, I keep forgetting the American second floor is different from the European.))

"Miyamoto, I really think you should let me or someone else go after Faith. She's clearly headed towards that telescope and we don't know what she'll do there. Ask Steve if you don't believe me."

((Either I failed a roll or there's something very fishy going on around here... Either way, I think someone else should investigate.))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:57:47 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 11, 2014, 02:04:51 pm »

"Screw it."

Fire entire battery of laser rifle at Faith. Don't stop firing.

"OI! LOOK AT THIS!"

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 11, 2014, 02:10:28 pm »

((Never mind, looking in the wrong place.))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 02:15:05 pm by swordsmith04 »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 11, 2014, 02:46:56 pm »

Holy flying FUCK this is faith?

Punch off a goddamn limb of hers I don't care which, cripple the fucker.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 11, 2014, 03:11:16 pm »

"Okay, I feel pretty much back to normal as far as amp usage goes. So. Let's see about opening that door eh?"

Head towards the locked door to the third floor. Carefully examine it, and the surrounding area. Is there any sort of cameras, or peepholes that I can see?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 11, 2014, 05:23:39 pm »

"Miyamoto, I really think you should let me or someone else go after Faith. She's clearly headed towards that telescope and we don't know what she'll do there. Ask Steve if you don't believe me."

"This might not be nice to hear Flint, but securing Faith is kind of a secondary objective for me at best. I believe you that she's heading there, but really, why should we care so much about that? She seemed to be going for wherever basement team is right now, if so they'll handle it. If not, and if that signal keeps moving once it's out of the sewers, it might be a ruse. I'm just not keen on splitting up right now. In fact, once upper levels are sweeped and basement team is back we might just pull out to the Sword if basement team hasn't brought her back. We can't afford to push our luck at this point. But if basement team gets back before finishing sweep, and that signal is still going, I might consider letting someone investigate. Might."

((We don't know IC yet that Faith has engaged and that yet her signal is still moving, so I have to let Miya continue with his current plan.

EDIT: after talking with PW in dj chat, it seems the signal Flint is following was cut of, about when Faith entered the basement. So right now, there's no signal for Flint to see.))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:03:36 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #818 on: August 11, 2014, 06:52:08 pm »

((Ah, OK, in that case following her is indeed unnecessary. I just didn't know the signal had stopped.))

Land on the ground and aim at the basement door (or whatever is close to that if I can't see it). Prepare to fire a Green Shotgun blast with the Rainbow Cannon.

Let's see them try to dodge a wall of green corrosive energy.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 11, 2014, 07:07:41 pm »

Now to the stairs. The barrier is checked.

Feyri noticed others appear.

The rest of you, head to the basement--we'll be alright in clearing the upper floors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 11, 2014, 07:14:38 pm »

Now to the stairs. The barrier is checked.

Feyri noticed others appear.

The rest of you, head to the basement--we'll be alright in clearing the upper floors.

"Ignore that order troopers.

Feyri, it is you who was supposed to be in that basement to help your team, yet you abandoned them for no apparent reason. And now you're giving orders conflicting with mine. What the hell are you doing?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 11, 2014, 07:18:03 pm »

"Feyri, it is you who was supposed to be in that basement to help your team, yet you abandoned them for no apparent reason. And now you're giving orders conflicting with mine. What the hell are you doing?"
Following Renen's orders, sir. He told me to check the upper floors and sent another along with me. I had a feeling, unrelated to the giving of his order I believe, that something was wrong about the area.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 11, 2014, 07:25:56 pm »

"Feyri, it is you who was supposed to be in that basement to help your team, yet you abandoned them for no apparent reason. And now you're giving orders conflicting with mine. What the hell are you doing?"
Following Renen's orders, sir. He told me to check the upper floors and sent another along with me. I had a feeling, unrelated to the giving of his order I believe, that something was wrong about the area.

"Then I guess I'll have to ask him what his reasoning was for sending you here. There are already enough people here for sweeping after all. Still, just keep doing as you were, but don't just go sending other people away. It's due to a lack of organizing and coordination this rescue party was needed in the first place."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 11, 2014, 07:29:33 pm »

"Then I guess I'll have to ask him what his reasoning was for sending you here. There are already enough people here for sweeping after all. Still, just keep doing as you were, but don't just go sending other people away. It's due to a lack of organizing and coordination this rescue party was needed in the first place."
I copy.

Feyri accounted for those with her--if there was any danger above, they may be used or hurt. This was primarily her reason for sending them off...the reason of being overwhelmed not coming into mind, however.

Alright, she looked at Yttra,
whoever attacked you, they scrambled through which stairs and doorway?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 11, 2014, 08:35:36 pm »

Throw a goop grenade at Faith and hope pancaeks wall of force propels it into her then get the fuck outta her way by using my jump rockets to dodge sideways or something.

Oh and try to hit her mace with my riot shield if it looks like i cant dodge her, better to lose an arm then a braincase.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 10:37:17 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 72