Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 173920 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #855 on: August 19, 2014, 07:55:54 pm »

Cover the backs of everyone going upstairs, like a real SWAT Mission!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 20, 2014, 07:46:30 am »

Stand up, dust myself off and look around.

Prepare dynamic manipulator bonus.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 20, 2014, 08:07:46 pm »

Go upstairs with Morul. Flashbang whatever room / space is at the top of the stairs, before we enter. Use dex bonus to not mess up.
Go upstairs after this. Give any hostiles shotgun rhinoplasty.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 20, 2014, 09:07:46 pm »

Con bonus. Rip whatever enemy I put my eyes on to shreds with my Gauss. Proceed to grin like a maniac

"Got it, ready to kill."
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 21, 2014, 07:11:53 am »

If I can somehow see Faith barreling towards my teammates, attempt to grab her legs with mass amp and hold her in place.

If I can't see Faith, chill on the floor and look at how damaged I am. Also try and retrieve my sliced of arm and look around the room a bit.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 21, 2014, 10:58:27 am »

Filler action (given that Piecewise seems busy and isn't able to respond to my query back there): Rocket BACK TO THE TEAM
> If Faith is alone (or in distance between anyone for a clear shot: Attack with Rotary gun [if the background is not in a probable case of structural collapse and there are no other allies in need of rescue)
> If any allies are need of rescue = Get rocketing them away.
> If fuel is out before rocketing them away--get the rotary to suppressive firing at Faith.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 21, 2014, 01:08:59 pm »

Cecil pulls himself from behind the chair.

Get help for my broken everything.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #862 on: August 22, 2014, 01:04:52 pm »

Keep watching out for possible incoming military intervention.

How many levels/floors are there in that diner? Including the ground level, but not the basement.

((Gotta wonder how Faith is leaping with a single leg and arm :o

Also, is it Auron or Faith that Feyri took with her? ))
((when did she lose her leg? She's lost one arm and badly damaged the other, but as far as I remember she still has both legs.))
It's the ground level and then 3 stories more.

((Looks like I misremembered then.))

"Hey, Steve? Know anything about this place? Some history about this suburb? Was it built before the telescope or after? Anything interesting around here?"

((If the below is too much, just do as much as you find reasonable.))

Ask Steve.

What can I see on the Radio Telescope? Is it more like Arecebo (a stationary dish scanning one point of the sky) or can it move?
If it can move, would I say it's pointing roughly in the same direction as the dish on the roof?
Anything else interesting or strange about it? Strange men or helicopters flying around it? James Bond sliding in it?

Pilot the drone closer to the structures and see if they have anything identifying or anything interesting on them (like a sign or a flag) or near them (like a subway entrance or a monument).
Any sewer manholes I can see nearby?

It was built before. The telescope really the only interesting thing around here, but it's a fairly standard thing and not even in active use anymore.

It's very much like Arecebo. In fact, it's almost a duplicate. Oddly, you can see that that beam steering mechanism isn't sitting centered, it's off to one side.

It doesn't seem to be pointed in the same direction as the one on the roof though, at least not as far as you can tell.

You don't see anyone else around, actually. It's very abandoned out toward the telescope. No one climbing on it or anything like that, at least.

There are sewer manholes in the area, but nothing terribly interesting about...well the ground right there just shook and flexed inwards a bit as though something forced the street up from below and then receded.

Filler action (given that Piecewise seems busy and isn't able to respond to my query back there): Rocket BACK TO THE TEAM
> If Faith is alone (or in distance between anyone for a clear shot: Attack with Rotary gun [if the background is not in a probable case of structural collapse and there are no other allies in need of rescue)
> If any allies are need of rescue = Get rocketing them away.
> If fuel is out before rocketing them away--get the rotary to suppressive firing at Faith.

If I can somehow see Faith barreling towards my teammates, attempt to grab her legs with mass amp and hold her in place.

If I can't see Faith, chill on the floor and look at how damaged I am. Also try and retrieve my sliced of arm and look around the room a bit.

Stand up, dust myself off and look around.

Prepare dynamic manipulator bonus.

Be ready to fire laser rifle at faith again if needed.

(( No mindfuckery, great.))

Feyri, shoot now.

Start sending amp cudgel shockwaves in Faith's direction, at my full speed and in BT, without hitting Feyri and other team mates. Try aiming for Faith's sides. Go after my sword's handle and put it back in the hilt. Avoid friendly fire.

Faith is stuck in the center of the tunnel, with some distance between her and anyone she could attempt to possess. She tries to turn and run back toward Renen, but he's already thrown a shockwave at her. It catches her straight on the chest and, while it lacks the cutting edge, it's still like being hit by a truck. The blow knocks her back and a combination of several more shockwaves, plus gauss shells from Feyri's cannon is enough to pin her in place and shred her apart. After a few seconds there's nothing left but a torso and the lower half of a head, laying half submerged in the water running down the center of the tunnel.

"Follow up behind me, and shoot anyone that isn't us."

Raise my riot shield in front of me, and head up the stairs. If I see anyone upstairs that isn't part of my team, use my amp to decapitate them.
Go upstairs with Morul. Flashbang whatever room / space is at the top of the stairs, before we enter. Use dex bonus to not mess up.
Cover the backs of everyone going upstairs, like a real SWAT Mission!
Go upstairs after this. Give any hostiles shotgun rhinoplasty.
Con bonus. Rip whatever enemy I put my eyes on to shreds with my Gauss. Proceed to grin like a maniac

"Got it, ready to kill."
After clearing the way with a flash bang, the team heads up to the third story. This appears to be a more traditional level, with walls dividing sections of the building into rooms. At least thats what they would assume. Unfortunately the stairs lead up to a short hall that abruptly ends in a solid black wall, not unlike the walls which seem to separate off the different floors and protect the structure from collapse. Speaking of which, the entire building is suddenly groaning and shuddering....

Cecil pulls himself from behind the chair.

Get help for my broken everything.
As you lie behind the chair, trying to keep yourself from bleeding out, you hear something. It's a friendly computerized chime. Like "Da-ding!" It sounds very happy. You look over at the egg shaped machines along the wall and notice something. The one Faith bumped into has a little indent where she hit. The indent has bent a metal panel and, from what you can see through the gaps created by the bending, it depressed a button just under the surface.

Back out in the tunnel, the half of Faith's head that is remaining smiles awkwardly, like someone was physically pushing at the edges of her mouth to make them smile. And then a voice comes out of her, not from her mouth or in her voice.

"Upload complete."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 22, 2014, 01:07:20 pm »

((Oh great, they infected Steve.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 22, 2014, 01:11:24 pm »

((Man, don't even joke about that. We'd be, like, 14 different kinds of screwed.))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 22, 2014, 01:17:30 pm »

((Man, don't even joke about that. We'd be, like, 14 different kinds of screwed.))
((Nah, I refuse to believe that Steve could get infected by anything. Maybe the blackness of the building were actually some kind of living material and they just uploaded a titan blueprint into it. The entire building was actually a transformer all along!))

"Hey, I'm back. What did I mi- YOU SON OF A BITCH. I leave for five goddamn minutes and you manage to lose all of our limbs! How!?"
"Mostly teammates, really."
"Oh, that Auron guy right? Always stealing stuff? Never thought he'd have the audacity of stealing a person's limbs though. How did he even manage that?"

Pan drags himself over to his severed arm and grabs it with his good hand, his only remaining limb. He tries to speak as loud as he can.

"Guys? How's it going over there? I'd really appreciate it if you all didn't forget about me and leave me here to die. Getting out of here would be super. Did ya manage to murder Faith?"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 22, 2014, 01:36:47 pm »

"That sounds bad."

Jack then goes over to Pancaek.

"Im going to pick you up now. Oh, and do you think we should let out of this tunnel?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #867 on: August 22, 2014, 01:43:17 pm »

Can I help support the building? If yes, do that. EDIT: Oh, but first, take a look at Headless, make sure he's still limp, unmoving and hanging over the alley.

If possible, have the drone approach the telescope and take a look around.

((Not much else I can do. Damn my giant size.))
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:59:15 pm by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 22, 2014, 03:47:41 pm »

"GET OUT! GO GO GO!"

Make sure everyone starts getting out of the building, then charge into the black wall. If it lets me through, decapitate anyone that isn't a teammate. If it doesn't, enter the void, take two steps, and exit, then proceed to create a an amp powered shockwave with enough force to cause serious internal injuries.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 22, 2014, 04:22:58 pm »

"Uh, okay."
Get out of the building as per orders.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 72