Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 196776 times)

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #495 on: July 07, 2014, 07:52:15 pm »

as noone answered me several pages back i am asking again :

how to use "embark" in dfhack?

Koggenmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 08, 2014, 07:08:37 am »

The "make bread/candy" reactions are bugged, because you need to have the bags in a barrel in the reaction. But so far i know
screws the barrel+bag the "GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT" up. Removing the barrel from the reaction fixed the problem.

BTW: What advantages does bread have?

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 08, 2014, 02:41:49 pm »

OK, so I fielded my first Rockmage the other day.  In his first fight he went from happy (he may have actually been ecstatic) to miserable, because one of his basilisks died, he was attacked, he then went off duty and he was "choked by dust underground" (that would be the dust he himself created).  So that is going to take some work to get going.  Can you make the earth mages immune to the dust thought at least?  He was also spraying clouds of "announcement", which was amusing but probably a bug.

At this point the white mages, air mages, and demonbound seem nice (I haven't actually tried a demonbound yet).  Everything else seems to be more problematic... (my lich just meant I had to kill everything twice).

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 08, 2014, 06:29:03 pm »

BTW: What advantages does bread have?

It's something Meph stole adopted from the old Genesis mod.  It's probably something you should simply not attempt to do.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #499 on: July 08, 2014, 07:28:30 pm »

Bread is supposed to be higher value.

Also, here a collaboration with Mike Mayday (he did all the work :P I just did some shading.)

- click to enlarge -
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:38:44 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 08, 2014, 10:42:45 pm »

oOOOOOH, SHINY!
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 09, 2014, 12:34:39 am »

New races, eh? I'm still on my 5.09 fort, waiting for a proper siege, frostgiants and stuff like that to show up. Might take a while, it took about 5 years to get my first goblin ambush (110 dwarves with ridiculous wealth).
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 09, 2014, 01:14:39 am »

Uh~ i like Banshees, werewolves and hivemind the most. :D Is this shiny masterwork for he manual or maybe we get it on the menu?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #503 on: July 09, 2014, 08:07:49 am »

Its for the new manual (and wiki, if someone wants to upload it).
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 09, 2014, 08:43:00 am »

Between iron and steel? Holy fuck! What are eating this turtles? xD

Carp.

how to use "embark" in dfhack?

As in, Embark Anywhere?  I'm pretty sure you press Alt-E at the big map screen, once you've selected the site you want.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 09, 2014, 10:46:51 am »

Apparently I have huge areas of "living rock" on my embark. I did already mine some of it, but I want to avoid "fun" as I already have 800+ meat for my fortress of 40 dwarves. The manual tells me, that I should be able to butcher living rock at the kitchen. I remember I did that in an older version, now I'm using 5.10 on Linux. The kitchen doesn't list the reaction though. Looked at the linked raw in the manual and didn't find it there either.

Another thing is, I crafted some bone spikes, in an attempt to create a massive trap for my invaders. Now the spikes say something like "serrated bone spike". I have harder traps enabled, and aren't serrated spikes supposed to be an update from the engineers shop?

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 09, 2014, 10:58:16 am »

Apparently I have huge areas of "living rock" on my embark. I did already mine some of it, but I want to avoid "fun" as I already have 800+ meat for my fortress of 40 dwarves. The manual tells me, that I should be able to butcher living rock at the kitchen. I remember I did that in an older version, now I'm using 5.10 on Linux. The kitchen doesn't list the reaction though. Looked at the linked raw in the manual and didn't find it there either.
It is done in the slaughterhouse.

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 09, 2014, 11:23:55 am »

It is done in the slaughterhouse.

Thank you very much!

Meph, it is really time to update those manuals. ;) (Kein Stress, aber.)

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 09, 2014, 11:31:53 am »

I've got an odd problem with a dwarf.  My second earth mage is REALLY slow. Like 1/3 the speed of any other dwarf.  He isn't wearing any scaleplate (scaleplate clothes slow dwarves badly).  He isn't missing any arms or legs.  He is healthy and has no unexpected effects on him, not hungry or thirsty.  He has gone through 3 transforms (dwarf->arcane->earth1->earth2) and it doesn't change his speed at all (I didn't notice it before he became arcane, but have no reason to suspect it wasn't there since I was annoyed at how long it took him to change).

Is there anything I can even look at to try and figure out his issue?  Glancing through the dfhack scripts didn't reveal anything useful; cprobe and the syndrome check didn't show anything...

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 09, 2014, 11:48:07 am »

I've got an odd problem with a dwarf.  My second earth mage is REALLY slow. Like 1/3 the speed of any other dwarf.  He isn't wearing any scaleplate (scaleplate clothes slow dwarves badly).  He isn't missing any arms or legs.  He is healthy and has no unexpected effects on him, not hungry or thirsty.  He has gone through 3 transforms (dwarf->arcane->earth1->earth2) and it doesn't change his speed at all (I didn't notice it before he became arcane, but have no reason to suspect it wasn't there since I was annoyed at how long it took him to change).

Is there anything I can even look at to try and figure out his issue?  Glancing through the dfhack scripts didn't reveal anything useful; cprobe and the syndrome check didn't show anything...
Check his ambushing skill. If he has any it's because he was attacked at some point and started sneaking, and hasn't stopped. Don't know a fix.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 92