Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 99342 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2014, 11:28:34 am »

Kobolds goes to breeding warren.
Kobolds does NSFW things inside the warren, just imagine that some female kobolds are inside (I cant use several workers of specific genders)
Kobold baby needs a blanket (leather) and food (meat) to grow up.
Pop, you get a fresh kobold.

Unfortunately I cant spawn kids, otherwise I would.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2014, 11:29:45 am »

I don't understand the breeding warren. How does a fully grown Kobold magically materialize from leather and meat?

People are basically just a bunch of meat wrapped up in some skin.  Therefore, if you take someone's skin and someone else's meat and wrap one in the other (PROTIP: it matters which way round you do that), you get a person.  Since what defines kobolds is mainly their shape, a talented tailor can make a kobold out of any skin, and it avoids all that messy breeding stuff.

Either that, or a hearty meal and somewhere to lie down is the full extent of kobold romance.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2014, 03:10:32 pm »

Tested, they work without any issues.

Did you run it on 'R' repeat? Autosyndrome does not trigger then.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2014, 03:32:27 pm »

Did you run it on 'R' repeat? Autosyndrome does not trigger then.

Nope. Why would I want THAT MANY kobolds? I might upload the save later if it still doesn't work.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

jackfractal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2014, 10:17:33 pm »

I'm having some problems with the spirit lodge tonight. I've never tried it before and my poor wee kobolds could have really used its magical powers.

I embarked on a half-sinister half-wild region. A first for me with kobolds, as kobolds and zombies sounds like an excellent recipe for instant horrible death. Me and my bolds drag all my stuff to the safe half of the map, and before we can even get a carpenter shop setup, are attacked by a dozen gnolls.

Gnolls are way bigger then kobolds, but they always fight alone. I draft all my tiny buddies and they mob four of the bigger critters. Mostly holding them down so the vipers can bite them. After four of them go down, the rest run.

OK. I think, we can get started, but unfortunately, two of my bolds are hurt bad. Nerve damage from repeated kicks to the spine. Ouch.

No problem, I think, I'll build them a lodge and they can spirit walk away their permanently destroyed neurons. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The wounded bolds drag all the materials to the tent, sit there for a while, and a syndrome triggers (poof of smoke), but they don't turn into a "spirit walking kobold".

I try this five times on my wounded kobolds. No dice. They burn the materials, but they never actually do the spirit walking.
I've had similar problems before, getting people to transform into Druids. They use up the materials, but they don't start meditating. I sort of got around the druid problem by putting the transform reaction on repeat, a clever use of burrows, and disabling all non-prayer actions on the soon-to-be druids, but none of those tricks worked for the Spirit Walking thing. It just won't trigger.

Anyone else had any luck with this? Anyone had this bug before? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2014, 06:19:36 am »

I added it to my list. I plan to do a series of releases, each one focussed on a race. Might take a while till I get around to the kobolds, but a bugfix/update with a few new features is planned.

laurief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2014, 06:35:00 am »

Here's some more questions:
- How to bury my dead kobolds? need to be inside?
- What to do with a kobold's ghost that scares the children?
- Why I can't equip my ogres with tree logs? I even tried to pasture them in a zone around the cave but no luck. Reactions seem to run normally but...
- How to make the totems needed for druid's hut etc?
- To steal a pick from dwarves I must run the 'steal metals from dwarves' reaction?

That's all for now. Sorry if my questions are noobish or vanilla related but this is my very first fort (that lasted more than a few seasons).   

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2014, 06:40:11 am »

Here's some more questions:
- How to bury my dead kobolds? need to be inside?
- What to do with a kobold's ghost that scares the children?
- Why I can't equip my ogres with tree logs? I even tried to pasture them in a zone around the cave but no luck. Reactions seem to run normally but...
- How to make the totems needed for druid's hut etc?
- To steal a pick from dwarves I must run the 'steal metals from dwarves' reaction?

That's all for now. Sorry if my questions are noobish or vanilla related but this is my very first fort (that lasted more than a few seasons).   
1. Build a little hut with a roof over it, it's what I do. It counts as inside.
2. Bury the body of the dead Kobold.
3. Pasture them near the bed.
4. Make them with skulls in the craftsbold's shop.
5. Yes.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2014, 06:42:03 am »

Sniped by Jaxy15. All correct. :)

Crysalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2014, 12:27:39 pm »

So will kobolds get some lategame digging items to mine rocks and ect.? Maybe they should steal them from gnomes)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2014, 12:31:18 pm »

They get an early-game digging item, thats really bad.

Crysalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2014, 12:42:57 pm »

And i have some thoughts abot battle drugs for kobolds, maybe created from shredded gems and other materials (shredded stealed from warlocks). Maybe even some uberdrugs that after using make kobold killing machine and kill him after.

And i really think that kobolds shouldn't have ogres, maybe some giant spiders or wolves, will be much more interesting. And worshiping keas and badgers... Why not giant spiders?)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2014, 12:56:57 pm »

Spiders = Drow. They have spider gods.

Ogres are not pets of kobolds, its the other way around. Ogres adopt kobolds, like cats adopt dwarves.

Alestance

• Bay Watcher
  • [VILLAINOUS_THEMATIC: LIGHTBULBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2014, 03:05:15 am »

I'm considering doing a desert embark, how often do kea's lay eggs? Giant keas? Keapeople? I figure jackrats wouldn't last long in the desert.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2014, 03:10:37 am »

The desert biome has no effect on animals what so ever.

Keas lay eggs exactly as often as all other animals. There is no alteration in how fast animals lay eggs. Kea people are intelligent, I dont know about pasturing them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41