Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 82347 times)

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2014, 10:37:20 am »

Maybe, it seems like that weird thing where if the person running the reaction moves too soon it does nothing. That's from using boiling rocks instead of dfhack isn't it?

Also, unrelated to the thread...but holy crap workflow is amazing. Started actually using it tonight, and it's so useful.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2014, 11:13:48 am »

Maybe, it seems like that weird thing where if the person running the reaction moves too soon it does nothing. That's from using boiling rocks instead of dfhack isn't it?

Also, unrelated to the thread...but holy crap workflow is amazing. Started actually using it tonight, and it's so useful.

Yeah, workflow is a fucking godsend of a utility. Too bad it's somewhat limited for some things but holy shit, being able to specify an amount of masterwork items (plus utility to plan out objects) with certain input items (AKA, good way to get all the weird things nobles want without having to make super specialized areas with doors and stockpiles).

I think the issue you are facing is that the "transformations" aren't 100%; some of them are like 95% so there's always that issue. Not sure when the number is rolled though (at job creation, when all items are collected, actually performing the reaction or at the time of the reaction) so perhaps replicating the bug by saving before you create the job and go from there?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2014, 01:08:22 pm »

It would get kind of annoying to deconstruct the Tribal Circle every time you want to go up a tier, if each tier makes the last one obsolete. Maybe each new set of reactions could be a separate workshop, with materials necessary for their construction being made in the main part? You could even have the graphics for the workshops form a circle if placed correctly, like puzzle pieces. 

I like it!

So, crazy brainstorming here. Let's imagine a 3x3 grid. The central workshop our basic tribal circle. It does basic buffs, and allows sewing standards of honour. The four adjacent workshops require victories against each of the great races (elves, dwarves, humans, and drow), and provide race-thematic interactions. The "Monument of Mountain Conquest" (requiring dwarf-scalps to build) provides a "strength of the earth" buff that can be activated. The "Monument of the Razed Forests" (elves) provides a "swiftness of the birds" buff (speed), and so on.  If we change the buff reactions to be field-of-view then we don't need to worry about getting all the orcs to squeeze into a single 5x5 space.

The corner pieces of the circle, I'm not sure yet, so suggestions welcome. For this to look really nice, we probably want to provide buildmat-free placeholders for each of the eight surrounding workshops. So you can place your whole circle (the inner part looks cool, the outer part looks bare), and then replace the outer sections as you unlock the buildings.  (These placeholder buildings would go at the very end of the build menu, since you'd only ever make them once.)

I'm tempted to make all these outside only.

Is it possible to restrict where a workshop/furnace is placed so that it has to be next to a specific other workshop?

Alas no, at least not that I'm aware of. But if we make them look like they'll fit together, I'm sure players will do the right thing for the awesome screenshots and bragging rights. :)

Thanks again for the input!

~ T
I know this is idea is a bit old, but perhaps you could use the building upgrade script for this?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2014, 03:15:24 pm »

Possibly, but it would require permuttations. "Dwarf", "Elf", "Human", "Dwarf & Human". "Dwarf & Elf." "Elf & Human." "Dwarf & Elf & Human"... and thats only for 3 races. Try to imagine it with 8. O.o
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2014, 03:40:34 am »

If anyone wants to try "fixed" magic, along with magic weapons and runerobes actually adding their benefit, feel free to check out how awful my first attempt at MDF modding is.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8625

I didn't modify other races, like gnomes, but the changes might affect their "on equip" items that previously didn't do anything. Or it might cause your house to spontaneously combust.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 03:43:06 am by omniclasm »

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2014, 03:58:04 am »

Oh jesus, that definitely fixes rocket boots lolol

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2014, 02:15:47 pm »

So frustrating, all the options for the blood bowl pitch are redded out, the wiki has no information, i searched the forum, no information, even this thread has no mention of blood bowl when I searched.  How the heck do I get this thing working?
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2014, 02:53:40 pm »

So frustrating, all the options for the blood bowl pitch are redded out, the wiki has no information, i searched the forum, no information, even this thread has no mention of blood bowl when I searched.  How the heck do I get this thing working?
Read the manual. Known bugs section, see the Burrows Bug. (thats my best guess)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2014, 03:12:33 pm »

Read the manual. Known bugs section, see the Burrows Bug. (thats my best guess)

Thank you so much, man that drove me nuts trying to figure it out.
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2014, 02:56:36 pm »

Found a problem with bone voodoo dolls; they didn't have a material and were just listed as " orc doll". This comes from the fact that their reaction says
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:bone:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:TOY:ITEM_TOY_ORC_DOLL:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
when it should say
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:bone:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:TOY:ITEM_TOY_ORC_DOLL:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:bone:NONE]
Mismatch between REAGENT:A and REAGENT:bone.

Also a small typo in the ore processor, which talks about "Process cassierite ore" when it should be cassiterite.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2014, 04:15:12 pm »

Both noted, thanks :)

beepis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2014, 10:45:23 pm »

Hey i noticed you can't make training weapons but the weight set building uses them. Are you supposed to make training weapons?
Also how do you get tree sapplings?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 04:23:31 pm by beepis »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2014, 05:59:58 pm »

Hey i noticed you can't make training weapons but the weight set building uses them. Are you supposed to make training weapons?

That was fixed in the 5.10 release (today).

Also how do you get tree sapplings?

Outdoor farm, plant "tree acorns" (seeds).  Tree saplings are the mature plants.  They have to be processed in a Sawmill or similar building (not sure what Orcs have).
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

beepis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2014, 06:08:34 pm »

Where do orcs make sawblades at?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2014, 06:22:17 pm »

Same place dwarves do it: Forge.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46