Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 82193 times)

burrito25man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #255 on: October 05, 2014, 06:33:37 am »

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I feel that it would be best suited here, as it is about everyone's favorite orcs :P

I know that the porting process to 40.xx is pretty much on  a standstill until DF Hack is up to par. But that doesnt mean that you can invite the greenskins to play ;D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To add more flavor items, such as the other weapons, paste in the ones you want and put a " [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3] " underneath, and then add " [WEAPON: {Weapon item tag} ]
It's a slippery slope.  You start out modding, then move on to hard DFHacking, and next thing you know you're making your own games...

LUA Script: Workaround for butchering Sentients
 - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 05, 2014, 03:48:16 pm »

and this is when LOTR turns into HALO

I prefer to think of it as being when LOTR turns into the Silmarilion, but with the right team winning ^^

Quote from: Bilbo and Aragorn, except for one line fixed by orcish historians
He came unto the timeless halls
where shining fall the countless years,
and endless reigns the Elder King
in Ilmarin on Mountain sheer;
and words unheard were spoken then
of folk and Men and Elven-kin,
beyond the world were visions showed
forbid to those that dwell therein.

A ship then new they built for him
of mithril and of elven-glass
with shining prow; no shaven oar
nor sail she bore on silver mast:
the Silmaril as lantern light
and banner bright with living flame
to gleam thereon by Elbereth
herself was set, who thither came
and wings immortal made for him,
and laid on him undying doom,
to sail the shoreless skies and come
behind the Sun and light of Moon.

From Evereven's lofty hills
where softly silver fountains fall
his wings him bore, a wandering light,
beyond the mighty Mountain Wall.
From a World's End there he turned away,
and yearned again to find afar
his home through shadows journeying,
and burning as an island star
on high above the mists he came,
a distant flame before the Sun,
a wonder ere the waking dawn
where grey the Norland waters run.

And over Middle-earth he passed
and heard at last the weeping sore
of women and of elven-maids
in Elder Days, in years of yore.
But on him mighty doom was laid,
till Moon should fade, an orbéd star
to pass, and tarry never more
on Hither Shores where Mortals are;
for ever still a herald on
an errand that should never rest
to bear his shining lamp afar,
the Flammifer of Westernesse."
and bring back whatever loot he thinks best
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 03:00:46 pm by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 05, 2014, 09:49:01 pm »

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I feel that it would be best suited here, as it is about everyone's favorite orcs :P

I know that the porting process to 40.xx is pretty much on  a standstill until DF Hack is up to par. But that doesnt mean that you can invite the greenskins to play ;D

Thanks :)  i'm not too familiar with 40.xx yet so it's good to see what kind of things have to get changed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #258 on: October 06, 2014, 01:07:58 am »

All creatures, all plants, lots of new plants, all weapons, all tools with attacks, all ammo, some reactions, and... things 'n stuff.  ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 06, 2014, 10:55:28 am »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. ADAMANTINE DAIKATANAS FOR ALL THE URUKS. PRAISE THE MOUNTAINHOME LOOT FOR IT'S GOODIES AND THE KOBOLD TRICKSTER HUT FOR THE ASSAULT PLANS. MAY ALL CREATION TREMBLE IN FEAR.

Nice :)  Are we talking a lucky strike or two in an early fort? or industrial scale Orcish armada raiding here (if so I'm curious how many Mountainhome assaults you are able to pull off in a year or season or whatever).

All creatures, all plants, lots of new plants, all weapons, all tools with attacks, all ammo, some reactions, and... things 'n stuff.  ;)

Among the things'n'stuff, Entity VALUES look fun.  Those are new, right?  burrito25man, I like the values you chose, but wiki says they've got to be between -50 and 50, so i it's possible that a couple are out of bounds.

burrito25man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 06, 2014, 10:27:39 pm »

Among the things'n'stuff, Entity VALUES look fun.  Those are new, right?  burrito25man, I like the values you chose, but wiki says they've got to be between -50 and 50, so i it's possible that a couple are out of bounds.

Oh! haha yeah, I thought I had already gone through and fixed that. Guess not :P
A lot of the values I used were based upon what is used for the goblins, so the stride, climb, and swim values oughta be updated. Something I've noticed though, speaking of gobos, is that when orcs siege they typically bring with them several goblins in the horde. Now, whether this is because of baby snatching or alliance I'm not sure, but it makes it more !!FUN!! to say that least ;D
It's a slippery slope.  You start out modding, then move on to hard DFHacking, and next thing you know you're making your own games...

LUA Script: Workaround for butchering Sentients
 - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 07, 2014, 03:06:12 am »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. ADAMANTINE DAIKATANAS FOR ALL THE URUKS. PRAISE THE MOUNTAINHOME LOOT FOR IT'S GOODIES AND THE KOBOLD TRICKSTER HUT FOR THE ASSAULT PLANS. MAY ALL CREATION TREMBLE IN FEAR.

Nice :)  Are we talking a lucky strike or two in an early fort? or industrial scale Orcish armada raiding here (if so I'm curious how many Mountainhome assaults you are able to pull off in a year or season or whatever).
Beginning of second year, scored two assault plans from a kobold trickster. First mountainhome raid - full adamantine load, plus the 'seond set' of loot (dwarf) gave me another assault plan. Second MH raid gives just adamantine, third adamantine + assault plan from secondary loot and the fourth mountainhome raid gave just adamantine. I had two invasions from it, but it was worth it. By the end of the second year (thanks to concentrating ALL my efforts on this) I had four Uruk's (my current military leading squad) wielding adamantine daikatanas. It's really easy to get rusty iron coins if you have gold on your map and a single lucky raid on the elves gives you pretty much infinite wood from an elf captive. Plus that with some copper daggers and your freaking set.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 07, 2014, 03:54:31 am »

Oh, awesome, what a good haul.  A bit of luck with the extra maps too.
I just keep getting crossbows, battlepicks, and fungiwood  ::)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 07, 2014, 10:29:16 am »

If anyone is playing around with porting Orcs to DF2014 (I'm not, by the way, until after Meph ports MDF) please be aware of this worldgen crash bug

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6941

I may just change our DEFAULT_TYPE:DARK_FORTRESS to something else.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #264 on: October 07, 2014, 11:13:27 am »

If I do it, I'd port all the races anyway. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

VonPärre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 07, 2014, 11:43:21 am »

One very minor thing, Tribal workshop wont take blood stored in rock pots, only barrels. There were something else but i always forget to write these down to make one big post:) Also gj, Orcs are my personal favorite of all races.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 07, 2014, 12:06:06 pm »

@Meph
Yes I know and appreciate it :D

@VonParre
Thanks! and thanks for the note.  That should be fixable

@Gamerlord
>>  a single lucky raid on the elves gives you pretty much infinite wood from an elf captive

Yes, especially now with the retaliatory sieges coming, so there is plenty of supply of meat on hand to spare for the elf worker, don't need to butcher aurochs or forgotten beasts for him any more :)

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:37:29 pm by smakemupagus »

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 09, 2014, 09:28:14 pm »

So, er, playing Orcs a little, and I wonder... do Orcs have a Wood Splitting Block type building? Because making a wall otherwise is hard.

Also, what's Ironwood used for?
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 09, 2014, 11:48:25 pm »

The Factory is your earliest solution for mass building supplies, using clay (bricks), ash (cinder blocks), or rusty iron (rebar).

There's a sawmill shanty in the Goblin ghetto, you'll need a raider's drydock, siege workshop for ballista parts, freelancer's guild for rusty iron shillings -> pick up goblin migrant -> sawmill.  Great for mass bins & barrels.

.... i don't really know what a Wood Splitting Block is exactly, so if that didn't answer, then no we don't have it ^^

>> Also, what's Ironwood used for?

burn it for charcoal at the factory, except
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:53:55 pm by smakemupagus »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 10, 2014, 03:07:55 am »

The Wood Splitting Block is a workshop for... most other races actually that lets you split wood into planks. I think it also let's you polish/smooth wood, but that's it.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46