Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 124586 times)

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2014, 09:14:49 pm »

By the way (it is probably on this new tab), how do I forge a sawblade. There are four centaur corpses waiting for it hehe.

I'd guess trap components at a metalsmith's forge. That's where it usually is, I'd imagine it's still in the mod.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2014, 09:36:35 pm »

By the way (it is probably on this new tab), how do I forge a sawblade. There are four centaur corpses waiting for it hehe.

I'd guess trap components at a metalsmith's forge. That's where it usually is, I'd imagine it's still in the mod.
correct.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2014, 02:18:53 am »

You can also make glass sawblade if you have sand and magma.

This morning I tweaked a couple of temple visuals and enhanced the soul forge look a bit.

Next thing to do is to try and patch the summoning so they appear on the animal screen.

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2014, 08:05:23 am »

I must have passed through it unnoticed. I tried looking for it on embark too, but got no lucky The Whoring Bride (gotta love those names) had none to offer to the new forts. :<

By the way, the summoned beasts not appearing on the animals list was the only thing preventing the mass murdering of Orthi being a easy thing. It served its purpose. ^^

I'm starting a new fortress now, I'm going to test teleportation, soul farming and etc. By the way I have a question... Can you "convert" children? One of my succubus grew really attached to a young tentacle monster, which kinda made me wonder...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2014, 08:51:27 am »

Well, yes. You can pull childrens, in fact the succubi send babysnatchers.  :P
Sawblades are expensive and do not appear in the embark screen unless you removed a lot of items from your supplies.

Anyway I have released the update version 7.1. I might start numbering my version properly again now. With quite a few changes.
- You can now corrupt prisoners at the den of iniquity. They will join the military of complete jobs. See the manual for more info.
- Renamed a few positions : librarian to keeper of secret, warlord to lady of pain. No change besides the names.
- Fixed a few typos in the manuals, added materials and reference to the den of iniquity.
- Removed the flier upgrade and caste, it caused too many pathing issues.
- Recolored the abyssal temple, esoteric order and the soul forge.
- You can now build the chandler and make candles.
- Replaced violins by violoncellos to adhere to the 3 instruments per race design.
- Gave the succubi and all their castes new descriptions.
- Summoning orthus now requires an soul and a chain/rope. So butchering an orthus should only allow to summon one more, you still get extra meat.   ;D

To update, either download the archive in the first post and extract it to the Dwarf Fortress subfolder, or wait for the next MWDF release.

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2014, 10:22:40 am »

Just cause I was going to start a fort/adv-story called "Slay the Warlady" lol.
No more Orthi Army D:
Now I'll need to capture some hens to mass produce eggs and chicks, butcher them, and use Orthi leather to make ropes. A little more complicated, but still doable. Seems fair to me, my Legendary Butcher Succubus is happy that she won't be fired lol.

By the way, forgot to comment something. Portals are AWESOME. Although I think the "Teleport all nearby units" is kinda broken, it only teleported one of them. It has so many uses <3. Could you make a 2nd pair of portals for endgame? Their requirements would be far more challenging so it is kind of a side goal, but not neccesary.

I'll try to download the update later today. Awesome job, BOLTGUN.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2014, 10:51:23 am »

Thanks!  :D

I worked on the civ some more today and fixed a few shortcomings in summoning. First, all the summoned clowns will be non sentient. The reaction is still a gamble as you will get something from trivial to FUN but all of them can now be handled like an animal, which is more useful. The second thing is that I imported IndigoFenix's fix for the animal screen so no more reloading the save! Orthi will appear on the list right away now. Internally, this fix is a bit dirty as I pasted a line into spawnunit.lua, perhaps it will cause weird stuff.

The orthus sprite now have their second head now and look much more vicious.

Summoning is also easier for other to use. By default it will summon non tame creatures, you can now make a reaction name LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_TAME_<creature>, the TAME in the name of the reaction will affect the newly spawned creature.

Orthi and Nightmare are tame by default now, other summons must still be trained.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 10:53:23 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2014, 11:15:02 am »

The second thing is that I imported IndigoFenix's fix for the animal screen so no more reloading the save!
Nice, I assume that affects everyone using spawnunit.

you can now make a reaction name LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_TAME_<creature>, the TAME in the name of the reaction will affect the newly spawned creature.
It there a LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_HOSTILE_ as well? :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2014, 01:30:30 pm »

The second thing is that I imported IndigoFenix's fix for the animal screen so no more reloading the save!
Nice, I assume that affects everyone using spawnunit.

you can now make a reaction name LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_TAME_<creature>, the TAME in the name of the reaction will affect the newly spawned creature.
It there a LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_HOSTILE_ as well? :)

Ah, no hostile yet. I'll add to my todo list.

Btw, I reduced access from kite shields to round shields. That will give space for the future defiler workshop.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 01:32:27 pm by Boltgun »

GeneralOngania

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2014, 08:17:26 pm »

First I want to say that the succubi mode is awesome  :D, I really like it  ;D !

Secondly, i tried to put illumination ( rendermax activated ) but... : 
  • I tried to build a torchbearer statue, but couldnt find a workshop that actually craft torches ( perhaps i didnt search enough )...
  • then i tried with soul lanter ( had soul gems stored ) but didnt emit any light at all
  • finally i built pentagrams but still the same results, no light emited...

Selecting add task option, says that no raw material or fuel is available...

am i doing something wrong? how can i craft torches?

nice mod, keep it up...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2014, 09:30:46 pm »

Are you playing in a print mode that supports opengl ?

Torches are made in dwarf mode by the chandler, from wood + cloth + tar, but I guess Succubi could have it way easier. :D

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2014, 06:56:34 am »

I have to double check for the torch, I believe I added the reaction but I don't know if you can make tar.

As for lights not emitting, there is a bug in the rendermax script I am trying to figure. It it not the first time I encounter this issue so I should be able to find a solution.

GeneralOngania

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2014, 05:56:44 pm »

Are you playing in a print mode that supports opengl ?

Torches are made in dwarf mode by the chandler, from wood + cloth + tar, but I guess Succubi could have it way easier. :D

I could not find the chandler workshop, I suppose its crafted on other workshop.

I am playing on STANDARD MODE, the light emited by dwarves is working without problems.

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2014, 06:05:54 pm »

Say... if I take a Warlock prisoner, and throw dead corpses there (including dead succubi), he will auto resurrect them (unless I'm getting Warlock logic wrong); and then I proceed to capture the undead. Could I convert them on a nearby Den of Inquiety?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2014, 06:10:36 pm »

Say... if I take a Warlock prisoner, and throw dead corpses there (including dead succubi), he will auto resurrect them (unless I'm getting Warlock logic wrong); and then I proceed to capture the undead. Could I convert them on a nearby Den of Inquiety?
I am almost certain that the answer is not. Yes, you would get a civ member, but he would still be undead, attacking your succubi.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43