Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 124619 times)

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2014, 06:24:50 pm »

Hmm. Time to make some science... I'll be right back with the answer myself. But my guess would be the same as yours, Meph. I don't think it would be even possible to even convert them without getting the converter killed.

Edited
Warlocks are usually Friendly, and the only one I managed to move into my fortress was torn to pieces. Failed miserably at capturing them. Maybe it is more viable to just make a succubus fortress near a necro tower and capture some zombies. That is, if the vanilla zombies and the Warlock zombies are the same thing.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 07:23:59 pm by fucduck »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2014, 01:02:04 am »

Corruption does not work on not living or opposed to life creature. I think it does not even work on living warlocks as a result, which may be an issue.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2014, 04:51:40 am »

Uploaded update 7.2. Main changes includes :
- Leather bodysuits, in upper and lower version. They replace chain mails if you found leathers and protect the whole upper and lower body.
- Magma well, because you did not have enough fiery fun yet.
- Nerfed kite shields to round shields. This is done to make space for the future defiler workshop.
- A working rendermax script.
- An updated orthus sprite.

Enjoy, download is in the first post or here. Otherwise you can wait for the next MWDF update.

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2014, 06:52:33 am »

Can Succubi produce oil at somewhere besides the screw press? I noticed there was a few requirements for it, and I couldn't press it from pig tails. I think it's the tentacle monster.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2014, 09:08:23 am »

Yes, for tentacle monsters. Can you press quarry bush spawns, or mineral oil?

I have to check again I may have goofed up.

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2014, 09:54:37 am »

Downloading and updating. I'll finally get to make my pentagrams illuminate some stuff haha.
Looking stylish as f*ck. Thanks for the fix <3.

By the way I've been wanting to ask you... The Lost Warband profile (the one I always use) lacks picks and axes. Is that proposital? I feel like I'm doing the wrong thing adding them to the embark item list. I've tried making some with bones too.
(Also, to MDF players the new update erases other profiles except for the succubi and dwarves)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:25:53 am by fucduck »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2014, 10:34:54 am »

Only embark profiles for playable races are active. So if you only have dwarves and succubi as playable in the GUI, you will only see the embark profiles for these two races.  :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2014, 11:01:12 am »

To get the embark profiles back, try disabling the races then enabling them again. Afterwards there is the issue of not having enough points depending of the world gen. I noticed that the meat it at the bottom of the list to depending of your setting you won't have food, I have to rearrange the profile so the vital stuff is at the top.

The lost warband may lack pick and axes if I messed it, otherwise you can make wooden training axes... I don't know how to make a pick out of nothing.

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2014, 12:41:01 pm »

I'll check with the new version, might have been an issue with the manual update on my side. I couldn't do any of that though.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2014, 04:42:40 pm »

So... I have a (likely) lame question. The manual seems to be very much WIP and full of placeholders. Has anyone written up a basic 'getting started' for Succubi such that someone only familiar with dwarf gameplay could not fail horribly? My raw-reading skills are... well, about as sharp as an elf's wit. Thus, without someone writing something down I'm a bit lost.

(this extends to warlocks as well, which is nothing to do with you AFAIK :P)

Of course Boltgun I entirely understand you're busy, you know, actually making the species a thing and that documentation is secondary to that. No finger-pointing from over here :D
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2014, 09:29:26 pm »

@draeath

Pick the Lost Warband embark Profile. Add the following new items: 2 copper picks, 1 double sided axe and 2000+ Dirt. Add two orthi and three war tentacle monsters.

Build your fortress above ground with the dirt. And design all the evil horses to some pasture (the more dirt you get, more horses you'll start with). Water wells are preferable, but if there is no riber nearby, build a farm as usual. The only difference is that you'll be using shrooms to make oil. Milk the tentacle mons unless you want your entire fortress filled with cum. Oil and cum *cough* I mean tentacle milk is used to convert enemies. Build a stygian forge, transform your pitchfork into a stygian lance. And Wall your outpost. Remember to put cagetraps near the entrance. For food, build a butcher shop, a tanner, a well of souls and a summoning circle one next the other. Butcher horses, make leather ropes, summon orthus. Repeat the process, but butchering Orthi. Infinite Meat.
It is basically an easy mode. Expect to be attacked often.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2014, 09:32:40 pm »

Butcher = Skin = Leather = Leather Rope... Rope = Chain

Boltgun, I guess Orthi can still be summoned easily. :D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2014, 10:11:40 pm »

Butcher = Skin = Leather = Leather Rope... Rope = Chain

Boltgun, I guess Orthi can still be summoned easily. :D

There is still the Soul thing though. Hunting wild life could be a way of farming them, but sieges are the main source of souls. It is more fun though, because it add more custom buildings to the equation (temple of nightmares for summoning invader huzzah)

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2014, 10:25:27 pm »

I'll check with the new version, might have been an issue with the manual update on my side. I couldn't do any of that though.

Here's a screenshot of my Screw Press options.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2014, 10:41:19 pm »

Boltgun, these are missing (I'll add them next update):

Code: [Select]
screw press
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COMPACT_PEAT_TO_FUEL]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRESS_COAL] => this one is silly, makes 1 diamond from 10 coke

[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRESS_OIL] => oil from plants
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRESS_WATER] => water from some plants
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRESS_PIG_TAIL]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRESS_BUSH_QUARRY]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRESS_ROOT_HIDE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRESS_SHADOWLEAF_OIL]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRESS_BLOATED_TUBER]

[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_PAPER] => presses wood logs to paper
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_SCRAPPAPER] => presses plywood to paper
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43