Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 124602 times)

Darkren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2014, 11:08:27 am »

I've got a Den of Iniquity set up, but I don't seem to be able to run the Charm Prisoners reaction. Exactly what reagents need to be available?

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2014, 12:26:12 pm »

Oil and Tentacle Monster's "milk". You get oil from pressing plump helmets. That's all you need as far as I remember. The prisoners need to be nearby too.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2014, 03:16:19 pm »

Version 5.07, ASCII, Linux with dfhack compiled from the "develop" branch.  (I fixed curse.anon_4 and curse.anon_5 in all the places I could find.)

• Each piece of bone furniture made in the Bonecaver's Shop uses an entire stack of bones, regardless of stack size.
  • When a tentacle monster is summoned at the Summoning circle, it is missing the "Stray" and "(Tame)" bits.  It shows "Not Tame" under Owner on the z -> Animals screen, and attempting to assign it for war training puts the W on it, but it never gets trained.
  • A goblin caravan showed up, with two goblin merchants, each of which was leading a troll as a beast of burden.  Their wagons bypassed my site (I had no depot, and I was also locked up tight.)  When I built a depot and opened the bridge, the goblins went there, but they had no merchandise at all.
  • I have this error three times:
Code: [Select]
...l/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/naturalskills.lua:78: attempt to index field 'current_soul' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...l/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/naturalskills.lua:78: in function 'hasSkill'
...l/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/naturalskills.lua:103: in function 'fixSkills'
...l/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/naturalskills.lua:56: in function 'naturalSkills'
...l/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/naturalskills.lua:115: in main chunk
(...tail calls...)
.../MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/succubus/summoning.lua:81: in main chunk
(...tail calls...)
...WDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/succubus/summon-hook.lua:99: in function <...WDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/succubus/summon-hook.lua:85>
    I'll try to figure out what's triggering it.  (Maybe summoning an orthus, or a rat thing?)
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2014, 03:48:41 pm »

Version 5.07, ASCII, Linux with dfhack compiled from the "develop" branch.  (I fixed curse.anon_4 and curse.anon_5 in all the places I could find.)

• Each piece of bone furniture made in the Bonecaver's Shop uses an entire stack of bones, regardless of stack size.
  • When a tentacle monster is summoned at the Summoning circle, it is missing the "Stray" and "(Tame)" bits.  It shows "Not Tame" under Owner on the z -> Animals screen, and attempting to assign it for war training puts the W on it, but it never gets trained.
  • A goblin caravan showed up, with two goblin merchants, each of which was leading a troll as a beast of burden.  Their wagons bypassed my site (I had no depot, and I was also locked up tight.)  When I built a depot and opened the bridge, the goblins went there, but they had no merchandise at all.
  • I have this error three times:
...l/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/naturalskills.lua:78: attempt to index field 'current_soul' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...l/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/naturalskills.lua:78: in function 'hasSkill'
...l/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/naturalskills.lua:103: in function 'fixSkills'
...l/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/naturalskills.lua:56: in function 'naturalSkills'
...l/src/MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/naturalskills.lua:115: in main chunk
(...tail calls...)
.../MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/succubus/summoning.lua:81: in main chunk
(...tail calls...)
...WDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/succubus/summon-hook.lua:99: in function <...WDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/succubus/summon-hook.lua:85>
    I'll try to figure out what's triggering it.  (Maybe summoning an orthus, or a rat thing?)

To answer the bugs :
- That seems to be a problem with MWDF in general I think the bodies were fixed for that but we have to test it again.
- That's intended, you must cage the tentacle monster in a training area, chains and pastures may work too. This is only needed if you want to use it as a bodygard, otherwise they act peaceful. Be careful that if they lose their training, they will turn on their owner.
- That's a bug with the recent pet changes. Perhaps we have to rollback those.
- I'll look into it while summoning rat things or orthi.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2014, 05:49:03 pm »

The Lua error is showing up when I summon an orthus, definitely.

The one that I just summoned has Skilled Biter and Competent Dodger.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2014, 05:58:39 pm »

the bone stack thing is unfixable, but the creatures in the mod should give many smaller stacks of bones.

I forgot to check goblin traders...d'oh. I'll fix it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2014, 06:43:47 pm »

The second goblin caravan showed up with merchandise.  Maybe because they had wagons (and my depot was accessible at the time they arrived).

Unrelated: I have shorn a basilisk and now I have a "Stray Lesser Basilisk horn basiliskine".  It weighs 9 and has a value of 0.  But I'm unable to request the "Make basiliskine bars (use horn)" job at the Smelter (it's red and says I need a "BASILISKINE body part").  I know there are weird vanilla DF issues with Smelter jobs sometimes, so I tried queueing it up through the Manager.  But it still fails: "Gaveles Axoralmeulith, Machine operator cancels Make basiliskine bars (use horn): Needs BASILISKINE body part."

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2014, 09:53:49 pm »

The second goblin caravan showed up with merchandise.  Maybe because they had wagons (and my depot was accessible at the time they arrived).

Unrelated: I have shorn a basilisk and now I have a "Stray Lesser Basilisk horn basiliskine".  It weighs 9 and has a value of 0.  But I'm unable to request the "Make basiliskine bars (use horn)" job at the Smelter (it's red and says I need a "BASILISKINE body part").  I know there are weird vanilla DF issues with Smelter jobs sometimes, so I tried queueing it up through the Manager.  But it still fails: "Gaveles Axoralmeulith, Machine operator cancels Make basiliskine bars (use horn): Needs BASILISKINE body part."

Check out the burrow bug in the manual just in case it's that.  It could also be an issue with bins if the part is being stored in a bin somewhere.  Maybe try a stockpile with no bins allowed that accept that part then get rid of the ability to store it at the main stockpile.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2014, 10:16:20 pm »

There's not a single bin in my entire fortress at the moment.  I tried first with the basilisk-thing sitting in the farmer's workshop where it was produced.  When that didn't work, I quantum-dumped it to the ore stockpile right next to the smelter, and reclaimed it.  And then I tried the Manager trick.

I don't have "main stockpiles".  I'm not even sure which stockpile category the basilisk-thing would go into -- refuse, perhaps?  My only refuse stockpile is one that takes vermin remains only.

Unrelated #2: when goblin wagons leave with their caged creatures, I get "A kidnapper made off with the Brook Troll!" etc.  One purple announcement for each caged creature I didn't buy.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2014, 03:43:10 am »

Ah dammit, there is a typo in the metal's class. That will be fixed for the next update.

If you wish to fix it right now, you can open the raw/object/inorganic_metal.txt in your save folder and search for BASILIKINE, replace it for BASILISKINE (with the added S).

For the kidnapper message, it cannot be fixed but it has no other effect besides spam.

Blightedmarsh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2014, 10:43:48 am »

I can't turn wood into coke at the smelter; doesn't seem to be an option for me. Without peat, coal or magma I can't smelt or forge. Otther than that I am enjoying the mod (though I have still to get to grips with it fully).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2014, 10:45:50 am »

I can't turn wood into coke at the smelter
wood oven much? :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2014, 12:35:23 pm »

"Forge stygian bronze blade-whip" does not work.  What it does instead is:
  • Succubus accepts the job
  • Succubus grabs a charcoal and takes it to the forge
  • Time passes
  • Succubus walks away from forge; the charcoal is gone, and there is no blade-whip.  Also, no stygian bronze was touched.
I successfully made a stygian bronze recurve bow, so it's something about the blade-whip specifically.

I can't turn wood into coke at the smelter
wood oven much? :P

What's a wood oven?   There's a wood furnace, and a brick oven, ....
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 01:41:06 pm by greycat »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2014, 09:11:18 pm »

I got this Lua error.  I don't think it's coming from Succubus scripts, but I'm not sure where it's coming from, and this is a Succubus Fortress (Pleasure Palace?), so here goes:
...MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/projectileExpansion.lua:184: Cannot write field (global).spawnFlow(): number expected.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'spawnFlow'
...MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/projectileExpansion.lua:184: in function <...MWDF/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/projectileExpansion.lua:169>

I've got my Succubi locked up in their fortress, with besieging dwarves outside, running around killing the last stragglers of goblin & orcish merchants, with random undead showing up here and there.

I suspect this is the exchange that triggered the error:
The Rockmage Axedwarf stares with obsidian eyes at her foe!
The Snaga Merchant is petrified and cant move!
The Rockmage Axedwarf throws up a cloud of dust!
The spinning dust strikes The Snaga Merchant in the right cheek, bruising it through the ({large cotton fiber shirt})!

But it might have been some other exchange.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2014, 01:01:21 am »

The stygian bronze bladewhip is a standard DF reaction (metal weapon). It is available if you don't have the reagents and should work normally. If you are sure that it did take one fuel only and did not produce the weapon we might hit a df bug. In that case I can use the save to try and see what happened.

If you did not create shards at the soul forge, the error must be coming from the siegers outside.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43