Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 124597 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2014, 08:45:37 am »

Rat-things are weird.  If I embark with some, they have names, but I can slaughter them.  But then I can't use their slaughtered body-bits for anything.  Their meat is called "meat" but it doesn't show up in the kitchen screen, and doesn't get stockpiled in the food stockpile.  Their skull has their name on it, but can't be turned into a totem.  Their skin is called "skin" but can't be tanned into leather; their soul is called "soul" but can't be used in the Summoning Circle; etc.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2014, 09:03:53 am »

Rat-things are weird.  If I embark with some, they have names, but I can slaughter them.  But then I can't use their slaughtered body-bits for anything.  Their meat is called "meat" but it doesn't show up in the kitchen screen, and doesn't get stockpiled in the food stockpile.  Their skull has their name on it, but can't be turned into a totem.  Their skin is called "skin" but can't be tanned into leather; their soul is called "soul" but can't be used in the Summoning Circle; etc.

I probably have to remove their intelligence tags then. This is not a problem when those are summoned.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2014, 10:23:31 am »

Is it intended that there is no chair or throne option in the Gemcutter's Shop?
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2014, 11:59:44 am »

Is it intended that there is no chair or throne option in the Gemcutter's Shop?

I have removed a few options, that must have been one too much.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2014, 10:39:53 am »

I am updating my copy with the 5.08 tweaks, siege calling and prisoner corruption requires an update.

There is a problem with the  next reactions I wanted to add. Siegers leave a lot of defensive upgrades for your military and the idea is that you increase the quality of breastplates, shields and greaves you pick, and get rid of their original decorations.

The problem is that I now have reaction that as the same reagent as the product. And the worker may reuse one freshly upgraded armor instead of looking for a low quality one. Perhaps I can duplicate the items I want to upgrade into their own raws, but that would not go in the direction of simplification we are trying to achieve.

Another problem is that the military is likely to claim steel items first and leave you with only copper plate to defile but this can be handled through military uniforms.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2014, 10:47:49 am »

Can your upgrade/increase quality reaction not also decorate the item, and only allow undecorated items as reagents? This means you can improve each item once.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2014, 11:00:24 am »

Can your upgrade/increase quality reaction not also decorate the item, and only allow undecorated items as reagents? This means you can improve each item once.

I'll try that, I don't know if you can decorate a product but if you can't, I'll be using the upgrade script instead.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2014, 11:34:16 am »

You can decorate a reagent. Not a product.

PS: My worldgen just ended after 250 years in "The Succubus Age"  8)

Edit: Hey, I did change the research for dwarves a while ago. not much, but the gem/rock/glass forge no longer requires research, because I thought that dwarves should be naturally good smiths.

Not sure what you want to do with these reaction:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:FOOCCUBUS_DEMONIC_ATTORNEY_PLAN_GEMFORGE]
[NAME:Buy Gemforge plans for 3 souls]
[BUILDING:DEMONIC_ATTORNEY_FOOCCUBUS:CUSTOM_G]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SOUL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_GEMFORGE_DISCOVERY:NONE:NONE]
[SKILL:NEGOTIATION]

[REACTION:FOOCCUBUS_DEMONIC_ATTORNEY_PLAN_GLASSFORGE]
[NAME:Buy Glassforge plans for 3 souls]
[BUILDING:DEMONIC_ATTORNEY_FOOCCUBUS:CUSTOM_SHIFT_G]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_GLASSFORGE_DISCOVERY:NONE:NONE]
[SKILL:NEGOTIATION]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:36:44 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2014, 08:30:20 am »

I added an update (download link) including the bug fixes we previously talked about and more manual content. The succubus are also vulnerable to black lung again, except for corrupted dwarves. Summoning orthi is once again slightly harder.

Did these changes go into 5.09?  I didn't see any Succubus changes mentioned in the update log.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2014, 08:43:37 am »

No, Boltgun mentioned that he wanted to do another update soon, so I wanted to wait. I made lots of changes on the inorganics, it would be pointless to merge it twice. I wait for him to finish his next update, and add it then. :)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2014, 02:07:36 am »

Adding an improvement reaction causes world gen to crash. Plus it needs some scripting work too, as I'd like something reusable like summoning. So I guess I'll push back defiling armor for a future update.

I'll update the siege calling and prisoner corruption with the new setup and add the heating the forges we talked about earlier instead. Hoping to get the update in 5.10.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2014, 03:56:11 am »

Did you have a look at SPATTER_ADD or Roses upgradeitem script? OR imbue? It sounds pretty good for what you are trying to do, especially imbue.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 26, 2014, 04:25:48 am »

improveItem is useful, I need to add a way to use the worker's skill.

In addition I want to adjust the size to the fort's race, I'll have to do that part myself.

Edit : Worked on heating the forge. It turns out I cannot make custom fuel. So that will produce 1-3 coal. I need to adjust the attached syndrome that tire the worker, auto_syndrome does not seem to apply it.

And I confirm, there is peat and anthracite reactions in the smelter. So it will be included in the next update.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 06:59:11 am by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 26, 2014, 02:49:47 pm »

Heating the forges is working now. For some reason drowsiness is not working through autosyndrome so I had to resort to an old fashioned gas, it does the job.

I also updated corruption for the new civs setups. I added fort defense races, new invaders and adjusted all the caste targeting for their gender. Calling a siege is also updated to call all non slaver entities, I kept fortress defense out of this one.

I am burying the idea of making gender targeted interactions outside of this. This is quite some work to target all the variations of dwarves, gnomes, kobold, warlock and orcs. Plus I am sure I will have to do it again should new castes appear. I'll only make gender attacks if we get an AFFECTED_GENDER tag. Until then, the succubi will swing both ways.

Edit :

☼UPDATE TIME☼

Version 7.4 brings a couple of bugfixes but most important an update in the callsiege and corruption setting. You can now capture and turn most of the races, including the fortress defenses ones, and call upon enemies that does not belong to slaver civs.

Also, in the event that your lack fuel and magma. A succubus can now use her powers to heat a stone and provide enough energy to keep forging. This is however a very draining effort and she will crash into bed afterwards. This can be done in most, non magma, fuel consuming buildings like the smelter or the temple of fire.

Changelog
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dowload link
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 03:37:51 pm by Boltgun »

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2014, 09:38:16 pm »

not realy sure where to throw this "bug" in (succubus topic or some version 5.09 one) but i noticed it in the descriptions of the succubi in the embark preparation screen.

apparently the v5.09 storage sorting tabs can be used as "likes xyz" etc in the descriptions. i.e. likes ########GEMS########

edit:
oh did copy over the "new succubus update" one post above into the 5.09 version.

editedit:
and "slag" weapons apparently cost nothing at embark.

slag and etherial bars also cost 0.

more edit:
while i am at bugs... there is apparently a stone type called "spawn a creature" as i see "spawn a creature pebbles" "spawn a creature boulders" "rough-hewn spawn a creature" ... also "calcareous ooze walls" (the ooze might be intended as soil/dirt type?).

maybe the "empty" stone files in the raws are causing it?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:23:47 pm by Nelia Hawk »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43