Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 124556 times)

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #300 on: August 03, 2014, 07:31:04 pm »

Its more like Jesus and Hippocrates rather than Hercules. Hipp wandered around teaching people and performing random healings, same as Jesus.

I am just looking at the end result of what they do. A lot of the form and how it works differs, but the end result, teaching and healing, or lured men to ruin, ends up the same, so if you didn't know much mythology it would be easy to see them as similar.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 04, 2014, 05:03:31 am »

We should mind the origin of the race and not stretch too much. They're from the tent. And while they love the surface, the sea is only a concept they picked on recently and humans would outclass them there (except in piracy maybe). So that would limit watery reactions. There is already themes to explore, like madness, art or romantic imagery turned deadly (giant flowers throwing spines at enemies?)

Sirens will be an option if there is bird people to corrupt, same with fish people (or nagas?). It should be noted that DF does not support aquatic creatures as citizens, nor fliers, so it might be underwhelming.

While we're talking about the theme, there is hints of Lovecraftian mythology too with rat things and Yog Shothoth, but I'd like to step away from this as there is already enough content (see Bellweasel, they were knee deep into what's pretty much Innsmouth goodness). If the warlocks want the two mentioned creatures, we can transfer these pets to them.

On the other hand, I put the work in progress scripts aside to hunt some bugs. The metallurgist's furnace has been restored, some labors renamed and adjusted to MDF's distribution. Corrupting prisoners will use the negociation's job (formerly soap making in vanilla). A new building will receive both chemist and alchemist reactions, it will allow the making of bloodsteel and ironbone and later on more fun stuff with warpstone.

It is highly possible that the fireball liquid is the cause of the burning caravans. It may have been produced by some obscure let's-bring-creature-extract mechanism. I'll try to reproduce this on a longer world gen and see if adding a SPECIAL tag helps.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:05:07 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #302 on: August 04, 2014, 07:01:04 am »

let's-bring-creature-extract mechanism.
Any creature extract that any pet or domesticed animal might have, will be used by caravans.

Wow, I always thought the rat things were from snowcrash, because of their teleport.  :o But a little lovecraft you can keep, the cult of the carp god is dwarf-exclusive, no other race will ever see them.

Hey, I just thought of something: I am using a script in kobold mode that makes a female kobold give birth instantly. empregnate. It would fit oh so perfectly to a succubi raiding system or prisoner system. Send out succubi to find a suitable victim, come back pregnant. Or use a prisoner.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 04, 2014, 07:24:04 am »

Apparently the Succubi are extracting fire from something.

Here's another screenshot of the offending fireball pool.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #304 on: August 04, 2014, 08:19:09 am »

Did you get a look at the item before it went up in flames?

Boltgun: A naming suggestion: Combat professions as Sworddemon and Axedemon, instead of Swordsuccubus and Axesuccubus. Because ingame they appear as "Name, Succubus, Swordsuccubus". I even had "Name, Incubus Swordsuccubus", which means that even if you keep the name as they are, you would need to declare them differently in male and female castes, because the incubus shouldnt have the swordsuccubus profession name.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 04, 2014, 10:08:33 am »

Did you get a look at the item before it went up in flames?

Boltgun: A naming suggestion: Combat professions as Sworddemon and Axedemon, instead of Swordsuccubus and Axesuccubus. Because ingame they appear as "Name, Succubus, Swordsuccubus". I even had "Name, Incubus Swordsuccubus", which means that even if you keep the name as they are, you would need to declare them differently in male and female castes, because the incubus shouldnt have the swordsuccubus profession name.

"A pool of melted Cheese", dip some bread in. :)

There is several 'fireball' inorganics. One in inorganic_zmasterwork.txt, defined with the substance template that does not have the SPECIAL tag attached. It might be the culprit, but the civ should not bring stones for trading.

For military I will probably go with <weapon> lass for regular and matron/matriarch/dame for elites. I am not sure but it seems that 'lass' is not a pejorative, and I can use 'lad' for males.
There is other terms like damsel or maiden but I can't find the other gender's term.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 05, 2014, 03:20:44 am »

Hey, I just thought of something: I am using a script in kobold mode that makes a female kobold give birth instantly. empregnate. It would fit oh so perfectly to a succubi raiding system or prisoner system. Send out succubi to find a suitable victim, come back pregnant. Or use a prisoner.

That could work using a prisoner, a thief mission or through a dream. Bonus points if it uses a random historical figure as the father and produce an appropriate hybrid. This may be added once the childs have been made useful, because otherwise there is little point (there is positive interactions planned to discourage the dwarven child care).

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 05, 2014, 10:16:39 am »

For military I will probably go with <weapon> lass for regular and matron/matriarch/dame for elites. I am not sure but it seems that 'lass' is not a pejorative, and I can use 'lad' for males.
There is other terms like damsel or maiden but I can't find the other gender's term.

Well, "maiden" is utterly wrong, since that means virgin.  "Damsel" is only slightly better.

"Lass" and "lad" aren't terrible, but they are diminutives (they generally refer to a child or adolescent), and I think the Scottish flavor clashes with the overall feel of the race.

The best I can come up with at the moment are "-lady" and "-gent" for regular weapon skill, and "-mistress" and "-master" for elites.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Blightedmarsh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 05, 2014, 01:24:14 pm »

you could just make it up as you go along

-executioner
-eviscerator
-exquisitor

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #309 on: August 05, 2014, 01:34:04 pm »

you could just make it up as you go along

-executioner
-eviscerator
-exquisitor
The shorter the better when it comes to names in DF. text gets cut off a lot.

Blightedmarsh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 05, 2014, 02:03:30 pm »

well since they are demonic you could call them

Axe- Devil
Axe - Demon

Axe-Furie
Axe- Fiend

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 06, 2014, 03:06:37 am »

well since they are demonic you could call them

Axe- Devil
Axe - Demon

Axe-Furie
Axe- Fiend

The best would be terms that are not used elsewhere. Demonic synonyms are used for corrupted creatures castes.

For the next update it will be : Inductee > Sword Gent/Dame > Sword Master/Mistress.
This will change later on, either by renaming the mistress position or by finding better terms for recruits and masters.

Ideally, since the succubi does not age, they'd consider maturity with the mastery of skill. A recruit would be called a youngster and masters would be respectful elders.

I am searching the cause of world gen crashes. It is pretty stable on my side (Win7 64bits), but I noticed that I sometimes crash if I let DF run while out of focus. I also sometimes crash while loading the arena.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #312 on: August 06, 2014, 04:56:29 am »

I never had a worldgen crash while testing humans. I also never had an ingame crash while testing humans, probably because I dont use any new dfhack scripts for them (only Pantheon).

But I did have some at embark. I gen a world, embark, and when the embark text shows up, it crashes. When I open DF again, select the same world, same location, same embark profile, embark again... it works. Very curious, and I have no way to finding the bug that might cause this, because I cant replicate it.

Good luck with your crash hunt.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #313 on: August 06, 2014, 08:59:33 am »

Another thing I found that might or might not fit the succubi:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:LUA_HOOK_USEMAGMA_BREW_MAGMA]
[NAME:Brew magma]
[BUILDING:STILL:CUSTOM_C]
[REAGENT:barrel/pot:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY][FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:barrel/pot]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:BREWING]

This adds a reaction to the still that only work if the still is build near or over magma, removed 1/7 magma when run, and gives 5 magma-drinks. These drinks can be safely used by any fort member, do not burn up the place, and count as alcohol. The reaction only works if the magma is present, otherwise its cancelled.

Not sure if you want magma-drinks for your demons, but it would be another bonus for finding magma, and would make it easier to live down near the magma lake.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 06, 2014, 09:13:11 am »

Another thing I found that might or might not fit the succubi:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:LUA_HOOK_USEMAGMA_BREW_MAGMA]
[NAME:Brew magma]
[BUILDING:STILL:CUSTOM_C]
[REAGENT:barrel/pot:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY][FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:barrel/pot]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:BREWING]

This adds a reaction to the still that only work if the still is build near or over magma, removed 1/7 magma when run, and gives 5 magma-drinks. These drinks can be safely used by any fort member, do not burn up the place, and count as alcohol. The reaction only works if the magma is present, otherwise its cancelled.

Not sure if you want magma-drinks for your demons, but it would be another bonus for finding magma, and would make it easier to live down near the magma lake.

This is great and should be added.  :D
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43