Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 124557 times)

zerth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #330 on: August 07, 2014, 09:53:56 am »

I will add those if this is specifically requested by players, like I did for milling.

Please? And how about new glass types from warlock mode?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #331 on: August 07, 2014, 10:06:28 am »

The "new" glass types from Warlock mode are actually old glass types form Orc mode. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 07, 2014, 07:36:04 pm »

Started a brand new Succubus dungeon, and my (female) Sword Dame has the title of "Patriarch".  Quite odd, that.  I can't imagine anything Patriarchal about this race.

Lots of typos in the manual... maybe I'll do a proofreading pass over that at some point.

-------------------------------------------
Shit.  I got a popup dialog saying something like "Gudgeon (Tame) has transformed into tentacle monster!" and I had to dismiss it with Enter.  The name (Gudgeon, or whatever it was) meant nothing to me.  It had never appeared on my creature lists before. (I did embark with one tentacle monster.)  I was pressing keys, to try to figure out what was going on, and... it dumped core.  Segmentation fault, utterly useless core dump (backtrace just has "#0  0x00000000 in ?? ()").

Oh, here's the line in gamelog.txt: "Gudgeon (Tame) has transformed into a tentacle monster!"  Nothing useful in stderr.log.

Tech details: MWDF 6, Linux, I copied the Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 and DFhack r4-ish stuff that I use for LFR (decided not to try to continue with the r5-ish build I had been using before).  ASCII mode, as close to vanilla interface as I could make it (even copied curses_640x300.png from DF 0.40).  All races enabled for fortress play, and I added Stranglers and 1 or 2 other races from Fortress Defense.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:20:06 pm by greycat »
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #333 on: August 07, 2014, 08:39:03 pm »

I got a popup dialog saying something like "Gudgeon (Tame) has transformed into tentacle monster!" and I had to dismiss it with Enter.
Thats normal, I made all transformations give a popup, because they are usually important.

The rest, not so much. Cant help, first its succubi, second its linux.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 07, 2014, 09:10:54 pm »

Well, I decided not to bang my head against the core dumps any more tonight, so I did the proofreading thing instead.

http://wooledge.org/~greg/df/succubi-manual-20140807.diff (38k text)
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 08, 2014, 01:17:48 am »

Thanks for the proof read, I'll apply the diff and send the patch to github.

The leader naming is messed, inverting male and female. :P

Otherwise I have no idea why a gudgeon, "A bottom-dwelling freshwater fish found in fast moving water." would transform into a tentacle monster. There is no syndrome inside that have such transformation, the fish itself has no effect. Perhaps a dfhack plugin on linux caused this.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #336 on: August 08, 2014, 06:07:12 am »

Just from my side: I did nothing with tentacle monsters, except summoning one with spawnunit in a human succubus merchant. No transformations.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 08, 2014, 06:37:17 am »

I may have found a new Succubi Merchant bug.  My succubi merchants will arrive, have something "explode" without causing any damage or a combat report and cause several of those caught in the mini-explosion to become winded.  After this, the pulling animals will abandon their wagons as if they were destroyed and pelt for the side of the map, then everyone will leave.

At first I thought it might have something to do with having embarked on an evil biome and having dwarf blood falling.  Perhaps some syndrome from the rain (which I am not ruling out completely, yet).  Thing is, it only happens with Succubi merchants.  Orcs, drow, goblins..all are just fine with the weather.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #338 on: August 08, 2014, 06:41:56 am »

I may have found a new Succubi Merchant bug.  My succubi merchants will arrive, have something "explode" without causing any damage or a combat report and cause several of those caught in the mini-explosion to become winded.  After this, the pulling animals will abandon their wagons as if they were destroyed and pelt for the side of the map, then everyone will leave.

At first I thought it might have something to do with having embarked on an evil biome and having dwarf blood falling.  Perhaps some syndrome from the rain (which I am not ruling out completely, yet).  Thing is, it only happens with Succubi merchants.  Orcs, drow, goblins..all are just fine with the weather.
If that happens again, look at the winded merchants and use "showunitsyndromes" in dfhack. That will tell you exactly what has happened, which helps Boltgun a lot with fixing it.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 08, 2014, 06:24:15 pm »

I dropped my Linux r5-ish DFhack build into MDF 6, and applied my Masterwork/DFhack patch (which updates some of the "unknown" fields in some of the scripts to their new DFhack r5 values -- it's probably quite incomplete, but it's a start).  Then I started over from the initial embark save of my Succubus dungeon.  I've played a month and half so far, which is better than I managed yesterday.  We'll see how it goes.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 09, 2014, 01:01:27 pm »

In the Tanner's Shop, there are so many duplicated keys...

• f is used for both gut rope and stomach waterskin
  • o is used for both "make thin pieces from leather" and "Upgrade leather I (boil in oil)"
  • l (lowercase L) is used for "tan skin" and "make vellum", as well as "Upgrade leather III (lamellar)"
  • t is used for both "tan any hide" and "tan any sheared hide"
  • c is used for "shear a fur for hair and leather" and "clean and tan a pelt into fur"
  • s wins the prize. It is used for "Upgrade leather II (vermin)", "Upgrade leather II (bone)", "Clean scales", "Upgrade leather II (tooth)" and "Upgrade leather II (horn)"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #341 on: August 09, 2014, 01:03:21 pm »

In the Tanner's Shop, there are so many duplicated keys...

• f is used for both gut rope and stomach waterskin
  • o is used for both "make thin pieces from leather" and "Upgrade leather I (boil in oil)"
  • l (lowercase L) is used for "tan skin" and "make vellum", as well as "Upgrade leather III (lamellar)"
  • t is used for both "tan any hide" and "tan any sheared hide"
  • c is used for "shear a fur for hair and leather" and "clean and tan a pelt into fur"
  • s wins the prize. It is used for "Upgrade leather II (vermin)", "Upgrade leather II (bone)", "Clean scales", "Upgrade leather II (tooth)" and "Upgrade leather II (horn)"
I think thats all exclusively my fault. and will probably be across all races. I added it to my list.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 09, 2014, 03:35:44 pm »

It appears sparring Succubi who have learned the torrid kiss can start fires.

I'm trying to see what started the fire, and... that's all I can find.

-------------------------
Gah, why did I ever let them even THINK about building a temple of fire...

------------------------
And shortly after that:
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 03:40:21 pm by greycat »

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 10, 2014, 04:53:10 am »

Can black roses and bloodworms be farmed? If so, are they restricted to certain biomes and seasons?

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 10, 2014, 07:08:55 am »

Can black roses and bloodworms be farmed? If so, are they restricted to certain biomes and seasons?

Black Roses can be farmed.  They grow naturally in evil biomes.  They can be grown anywhere that is not Freezing.

Bloodworms also grow in evil biomes, but I've never actually seen any, let alone tried to farm them.

Edit: Bloodworms, as according to the raw files, are subterranean.  Then again, the raw file for black roses and bloodworms is a little..messy..at least my version is; so I cannot easily tell if all the right coding was completed.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 07:14:10 am by Treason »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43