Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 124592 times)

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #360 on: August 16, 2014, 10:47:32 am »

i personally dislike the different grass tiles for underground, the grass tiles getting messed up in the fort bothers me
i usually wait until late game to breach the 2nd and 3rd caverns so it isn't an issue as much

there use to be a button in the gui to toggle the different grasses but i don't see it anymore : /
could mod the grass to all use the same green tiles though
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 16, 2014, 01:02:16 pm »

So in reading the 'Getting Started' section of the manual, I came across this:
You will start with 2 cauchemars. Those can follow in simple fights or provide your with early milk.

I have on occasion started with one cauchemar, and on my latest go didn't start with one at all. I seem to be starting with a ton of rat things and drowspiders though. Is this intentional?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 19, 2014, 01:03:12 pm »

I need to update this, you start with pack animals when possible and drow spiders count.

Ebonglass shades would be cool, if I can find a use for this.  ;)

On the other hand :

You can now check for the upgrades provided to your succubi at the temples of sin or fire. I also added it to the orcish altar of storm and the warlock center library. This script can also be ran directly by selecting a creature or even bind it to a key if you wish.

I have a bug however with twbt, it seems that the screen turns completely into ASCII and remain so after dismissing the dialog box. You have to move around or enter a menu to recover. Perhaps I do not have the latest version of the plugin in the github master.

After some testing it will br sent for the next release.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #363 on: August 19, 2014, 01:06:08 pm »

Oh, thats fancy. :)

And the twbt tiles stay till they need to be updated, for example if you open the menu or change zlevels...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2014, 06:57:27 pm »

Oh, checking for powers is nice!

8) /ebonglasses

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 19, 2014, 07:07:15 pm »

This "ascii transformation" is an issue that hits a lot of plugins too, including "workflow".

My guess is that dfhack has to do this in order to be able to put a "window" on top of the game, because it actually renders tiles above the normal layout.
Just a guess, but it explains it pretty well in my opinion.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

yangabriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 24, 2014, 12:22:46 pm »

Hello! Could you answer this for me?

Recently i started with succubus civilization, and i`m enjoying better than warlock.
Some problems i had in the start was a invasion of dwarves with titanium equipments and the worse was copper. I did't had the strength to deal with them, and i knew i would lose so i got a outside source(dfhack) to burn them with lava and wall 2 of them with obsidian, not a right way to enjoy a game by hacking but i don't want to lose so soon.
 So i build some vanilla builds first and them i remembered about the others from the mod like ( temple of sin, temple of fire, etc) So far i dont know much about nightmare temple and abyssal temple, i know that the nightmare bring some traders from hostile civilization to our base, but do they come with a army?
 I had some issues with hunters, they did't hunt so i decide to look better and made some quivers, curved bow, arrows. So they decided to hunt some coyotes but killed nothing, they had terrible skills with hunting. Is normal to a hunter dont hunt swan? and flying animal?
My next issue is about farming, i made farm plots in the dirt in the cave and outside. None of them produces plants or grow, do i need a special thing with this mod?

The problems with the plants only made summon creatures impossible, and cultivate soul in the soul well take along time ( i managed to get 1 so far) so i decide to look a strong summon that i could get the recipe easy. Them i looked the Obsidian Colossus, i had to mine until i get to the bottom of the earth and found the netherworld( had to block it with obsidian wall from the dfhack :/ ) So i could make the Obsidian colossus and is my only defense so far for further attacks.

My real problem is the farm plot issue, they dont grow and is being a pain.

Thank you for you time and i hope you can answer my question.
 :)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 24, 2014, 12:29:46 pm »

Farming looks like it works fine in Boltgun's community fort.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139674.msg5408442#msg5408442

yangabriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 24, 2014, 12:41:10 pm »

But i planted the crops for about 6 months ago, and until now there's nothing growing.

yangabriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 24, 2014, 12:59:53 pm »

Another question.
How can i make my obsidian colossus join the army or train it?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 24, 2014, 01:14:35 pm »

But i planted the crops for about 6 months ago, and until now there's nothing growing.

Do you have harder farming enabled? 

Kartag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 24, 2014, 01:48:10 pm »

Another question.
How can i make my obsidian colossus join the army or train it?
You can train it as a warbeast and assign it to a soldier. Technically it's a pet, not a civ member.

yangabriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 24, 2014, 03:56:15 pm »

Do you have harder farming enabled?
How can i enable this "harder farming"?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 24, 2014, 04:02:05 pm »

On the Masterwork GUI, tab "Misc. Features," column "Balance changes."

It makes crops take a while longer to grow, you'll get only one or two harvests per year.  It is still quite possible to feed and drink your whole fortress on grown crops once you get skilled farmers and maybe fertilizer, but the first year or two you might want to supplement with hunting/fishing/caravan food.

I've not played succubus mode yet but i think this setting still applies.

if your fort has planted crops and you're waiting for harvest for more than one or two month, but less than one year, this is probably what is going on.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 24, 2014, 04:04:06 pm »

i believe its 1 year for all plants underground and trees above ground then 2 months for above ground crops with harder farming on
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43