Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 187852 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 5 Dreams of Smoke and Fire
« Reply #960 on: July 14, 2014, 07:01:26 pm »

Still sifting through stuff.

maskwolf:
As ZU very astutely says, I have to be a sage because Flandre/Reverie SAW MY ACTION.  NOBODY ELSE IS A SAGE.  NOBODY ELSE HAS CLAIMED SAGE.  And if I was on the scumteam and so you say I'm not the real sage someone else on the team is, WHY NOT HAVE THE REAL SAGE CLAIM INSTEAD OF ME.  It would be incredibly counterproductive to do anything else.

That being said, the scumteam is Persus and NQT, with ZU also possibly being a scum illusionist after revival.
I did a lot of research last night, checking and cross-referencing things through a variety of tomes. I discovered that a Dark Magus is a versatile and flexible foe with a wide range of powers.

So if you inspected N1, you still could have killed N2 and thereafter. Is there any all-caps reason I'm forgetting why you couldn't have guessed N2 and N3 inspect results?

And NQT: the reason I didn't, and still don't, vote either of you two is that I'm done playing mafia and want to leave as soon as possible.  Too bad if that's unfun for you.
You said you'd play, play. Or at the very least request a replacement.

NQT:
Toaster, Persus, neither of you's is dead, so results please. IronyOwl, you too.

(Obviously I have nothing interesting more to claim otherwise I would now do so)
ZU, I claimed in my last post yesterday. Well, as much as people need to know. I can cough up an alibi every night if people really need but I'm very aware that I claimed too much too early in the last Supernatural game and I'll not make that mistake again.
I did claim. If you can't work out what I was claiming then I did my job right in not telling scum too much. I'd say more if people were actually worried about my alignment.
Yeah, I voted him straight off because he's most likely to be scum. But you're right, he's not a converter (though he may have been converted). I think the converter if there is one would only be one-shot, otherwise they'd be converting every night. I'm going to have a think about everything, especially when everyone else claims, before I press my final case today.

ZU, yeah he did say. He wanted info more than he wanted people alive. I'll quote it all, but I want to hear from everyone else first.
I've got four nights of claims ready to paste. I want to hear what everyone has to say about last night before I start divulging any info that could help a fakeclaim. We've got a little while. I can wait for everyone to get in here.
"EVERYONE CLAIM EVERYTHING! I need every scrap of info anyone has before I say or do anything. I would make an exception and chance it were I in danger, obviously."

Haha fuck you. This better be a goddamned magical claim that's totally reliable even though you knew everything we did before making it. Especially since it wasn't important enough to mention yesterday when you were pretty sure you "were going to get NK'd anyway."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 14, 2014, 07:12:25 pm »

Yay, I was right about another person's role.

Unfortunately, I have absolutely nothing to claim. Besides reviving ZU on N2 I haven't gotten a single PM during the night.

Role-claims:

ToonyMan - Priest
IronyOwl - Sage
Persus13 - Fortune Teller
notquitethere - Warlock
Toaster - Thief
zombie urist - Sexton
4maskwolf - Seer

No one has claimed roleblocker, so either 4maskwolf is lying or someone else is lying.

People's roles who I think are confirmed:

Zombie Urist - he should be back as a sexton still
4maskwolf - Flandre confirms them as a seer

I don't feel like Persus13's role is confirmed because he only gave us known knowledge here, besides NQT, but NQT has reason to believe they could have figured it out.

Speaking of NQT, their role is also confirmed by ZU.

IronyOwl is probably a sage, if 4mask is telling the truth however...I find IronyOwl not trust-worthy.

Toaster's claim could be easily faked. I'd like to hear what he did last night. 4mask is backing them as town, however...

4mask/Toaster scum is possible. Toaster being the Dark Magus, 4mask being the N1 convert.

Especially since it wasn't important enough to mention yesterday when you were pretty sure you "were going to get NK'd anyway."
To be fair, he says that at the end of every Day.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 14, 2014, 07:52:33 pm »

I did a lot of research last night, checking and cross-referencing things through a variety of tomes. I discovered that a Dark Magus is a versatile and flexible foe with a wide range of powers.
This is actually more useful to the town than you might think.  It explains quite a few things and clears several people.

I am going to hazard a guess that the dark magus can not only take an apprentice, but that that apprentice takes up at least some of the original's powers.  The "wide range of powers" would explain how I got roleblocked last night: one of the dark magus team roleblocked me while the other killed Reverie.

Now, my list of people I believe to be in the clear:
4maskwolf
ToonyMan: if he had been converted night one, he could not have used his revive night two, illusioned himself, and Persus performed the scumkill.  That is too many actions for the scumteam.  As such, I believe him to be innocent.
IronyOwl: there is no reason for him to give us this much information as a scum team member.  It would have been far too easy to fabricate information to placate us, but the information we have been given seems remarkably accurate.

Now, the possible scum members, at least in my mind, from order of most scum to least scum:
Persus13: Only person other than Irony and ZU I haven't inspected, and those two are townie in my eyes and couldn't be the converter, respectively.
Toaster: Pending the man actually posting, my second scum pick because could have been converted N1 after my inspect.
NQT: The only charge I have against him is the obvconverter Persus knew what type of role he had.  Other than that, after what Irony said, most of my accusations became invalid.
ZU: Can't be original, but if he is scum from the revival (highly unlikely) then we are at LYLO right now.

Let's go through the list of people, objectively, and see who could be the converter:
ToonyMan: almost certainly not.
IronyOwl: Probably not, for reasons stated above.
Persus13: Yes, could be converter.
notquitethere: second best option after Persus, barring a roleclaim.
Toaster: nope.  showed up town the first night to 4maskwolf and the pm in question was confirmed by a now-dead confirmed townie.
ZU: Nope.  Was revived.
4maskwolf: had his claim supported by Reverie that he targeted toaster with an inspect night one, so no.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 14, 2014, 09:09:45 pm »

That's true. Toaster can't be the converter either. What wise target did you choose last night, Persus13?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 15, 2014, 08:40:02 am »

I tracked NQT last night because he hadn't claimed yet.  He visited the grave of Jim, so it looks like his warlock story's panning out.  NQT, you do need to full claim now since it's potentially LYLO.

NQT:
Illusionists can't roleblock. The Guard is the blocker, a jailkeeper role.

This isn't quite true.  I was an Illusionist in Super2, and was told that redirecting someone to themselves was a sort of roleblock, though I didn't ask if this applied to an untargeted action (Sage) or one that randomly targets (Dreamwalker).

It's also pretty irrelevant since no one has claimed Illusionist or being redirected.

4mask:  There's one big problem with your claim: you didn't say who you tried to inspect and why.  Why is this?

So...

ToonyMan - Uncountered claim to res ZU.
IronyOwl - Sage claim - has provided some info.
Persus13 - Fortune teller - claimed new knowledge on NQT.
notquitethere - Seems to actually be a warlock.
Toaster - Me.  Claimed uncontested Thief tracks/watches.
zombie urist -  Town as of D2.  Was revived.
4maskwolf - Uncontested seer claim.  Claimed to be blocked, which no one has claimed to have.

Hrm.  Someone's lying here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 15, 2014, 10:18:49 am »

Well this is exactly why I as waiting to claim: Toaster would have a good guess that I'd visit Jim but couldn't have known absolutely. I am the Warlock. Here are the rest of the chats:

Spoiler: N1, Jiokuy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: N2, ZU (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: N3, Jack (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: N4, Jim (click to show/hide)

I chose Jiokuy N1 because he was the only dead person, ZU N2 because he was the only other dead person, Jack N3 because he was the Wizard and so the most useful person to talk to, and Jim N4 because he was the only town player with a power that I hadn't spoken to yet.

Conclusions: Jiokuy knew nothing, ZU was definitely a sexton, Jack protected no one and his flavour corroborates Flabort's claims, Jim was watching me and no one visited me (Seer don't leave home so wouldn't be spotted).

Persus might be lying about being a fortune teller, as he could easily have figured out my cryptic crossword-style D1 breadcrumbing:
notquitethere What's hiding beneath the hood?
Hover over the text. Battle=War; Bind=Lock; a warlock (in D&D but not in Supernatural) can be a man who makes pacts with powers.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 15, 2014, 11:00:34 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
4maskwolf: notquitethere
notquitethere: IronyOwl
Persus13: 4maskwolf, ToonyMan, zombie urist

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 15, 2014, 11:05:10 am »

I suppose that Flabort/IO 's claim is true so they can't be a magus.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 15, 2014, 11:27:13 am »

The stuff about ley lines, and knowing about the Necromancer make the claim more believable, yes.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 15, 2014, 05:56:16 pm »

Irony Owl, do you disbelieve my claim now? Would you kindly vote someone that might actually be scum?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 15, 2014, 10:11:47 pm »

toaster: I tried to inspect Persus13 because I deemed him the shadiest of the people that I hadn't inspected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 16, 2014, 01:53:16 am »

I think what we need right now is a list of everyone's claim quotes so we can figure out who exactly needs to be lying in order for what to be true. I've been trying to assemble this but I'm struggling.

I'm a Fortune Teller. Fortune Teller is a type of Mystic like Oracles and Seers, except they're basically a form of rolecop but not very precise in determining roles (Multiple roles will get the same inspection result)

N1 I inspected ZU, because he seemed scummy to me then and I couldn't think of anyone else at the time (I didn't inspect IG because he had claimed a new role, so I didn't know whether or not his role would be true). I got the result of Watcher, so it matched his Sexton claim.
N2 I went after Toaster, because he was my top scumpick at that point in time. He is a Watcher. Since there hasn't been a thief inspection in previous games, I don't know whether or not he's telling the truth about his role.
N3 I inspected NQT, because he was the only one against the IG/MOWE, which seemed odd (not scummy, just odd) and I got the result of Watcher (Seriously, I must be targeting all the Watcher roles in this setup). NQT hasn't claimed yet, but he definitely could be a Sexton, Seer, or a Warlock, judging by past inspects, and he couldn't be
I am a Dreamwalker, one who jumps between the minds of others as I sleep (wow, creepy). Every night, one random, unnamed person is chosen as a host for my nightly visions, and I see everything that they do if it is specified (i.e. I see their night PM's).

On Night 1, I saw 4nightwolf's night action. He was in an alcove with incensed braziers, requesting from the gods a feeling at Toaster's alignment, which turned out benign. His claim was truthful and I confirm that he is town.

Night 2 was uneventful.

Night 3 is a bit more interesting. I witnessed Jim's grisly death through his own eyes. He never saw his assailant, but it was a familiar voice that responded and laughed at Jim's exclamation to the room before sending fire forth from his hands and burning Jim to a crisp.
As an afterthought, I think it's best to mention that I only know 4maskwolf's PM belonged to him because he claimed as much, and that it was Jim's death I witnessed because his killer addressed him by name.
I am a Thief.  I can track or watch people.

N1 I watched Flabort.  IG's claim pointed him strongly out as a town role and that bad things might happen with IG if Flabort died, so I figured him as a good target for scum, kill or convert.  No one visited him.

N2 I tracked ToonyMan.  I still wasn't sure what to think of him, so I wanted to see what he was up to.  He indeed visited Zombie U's grave.  I didn't see the need to mention this to vouch for him since no one believed IG anyway.

N3 I tracked TWS/4mask.  Like I said, I'd be revisiting him.  I was hoping to catch him burning someone, but instead he stayed home all night, which is consistent with a Seer's ability (they don't leave home to use it.)  It's not confirmation of his ability (or alignment) but it's consistent.
So that's 3 out of however many relevant claims we've got. Six? Seven? Eugh.

Based on what I've seen, it pretty much has to be Persus. But that assumes everyone's telling the truth, which they might not be. That's why I want the full list, so we know, for instance, how many liars we'd need for Toaster or Toony to be the Dark Magus. I'll continue to work on it eventually, but if you couldn't tell I'm having trouble sifting through everything.

NQT:
Irony Owl, do you disbelieve my claim now? Would you kindly vote someone that might actually be scum?
I suppose not, and I suppose I should.

4mask:
I am going to hazard a guess that the dark magus can not only take an apprentice, but that that apprentice takes up at least some of the original's powers.  The "wide range of powers" would explain how I got roleblocked last night: one of the dark magus team roleblocked me while the other killed Reverie.
This seems a bit wonky to me. I guess it's plausible that the apprentice can use a nightkill while the master continues to use his broader power suite, but I really don't see the other way around.

Which brings us to the next question: Out of all of the options, why do you think scum would roleblock you?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 4 - BBQ!
« Reply #972 on: July 16, 2014, 02:48:00 am »

All

Wolf is confirmed as inconsistent:

Alright, I guess we have it all planned out.  Lynch Hapah today, I inspect Ottofar and Toaster tracks Persus.  If either of us dies and the other turns up a negative, we know who the converter is.

Everyone move your votes over to Hapah and then wait, I guess.

toaster: I tried to inspect Persus13 because I deemed him the shadiest of the people that I hadn't inspected.

The Hapah lynch was predicated on Wolf and Toaster enacting a plan that they never even pretended to enact.

Wolf also believes the only block in the entire game was used on him when there have been nights like N2 where everyone has claimed an action and no one claims to be blocked. Need I note that town is going along with the lynch choice of a liar? At what is most likely LYLO?!

Toaster, what made me a better target to follow than Persus?

I can't believe we still haven't heard from Persus. Extend until he gets here.

Everyone looking back, Hapah's claimed flavor was quite compelling. I'd like everyone to say a bit about their character's background. Ask Meph for more details if you need to.

I was only just learning the skills of the warlock when these dark times came upon me, but I feel confident in using my powers to help. If you'd like more, I'll ask for more details.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 16, 2014, 05:31:18 am »

Extend.

While I acknowledge that the current times are a Bad Thing, I seem to actually be pretty excited to be able to put my skills to work and solve this fascinating puzzle.

That's basically it. I've requested more detail from Meph.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 16, 2014, 08:46:52 am »

extend.

Pfp, I'll get to questions/accusations later, but Meph: would a conversion show up in your night pm?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 80