Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499838 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC
« Reply #225 on: June 08, 2014, 12:08:47 pm »

I agree with godzilla, characters and plot were stupid. Argueably, that is not why you watch godzilla, you watch godzilla for monsters fighting eachother.

Movie did not deliver. Most fights just showed the beginning, then cut to the boring characters. The later fights happened at night, so you were mostly guesstimating what the hell was going on. DID NOT DELIVER
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 08, 2014, 12:28:02 pm »

Disagree, most Godzilla movies don't have that much screentime of Godzilla himself, which makes it more awesome when he comes out and kicks every other monster's ass.

Plot wasn't bad, if a bit bland and slightly headscratcher-filled,  characters weren't too interesting- Dr Serizawa and Ford's dad were the only interesting humans- but the movie, in my opinion, was a fairly good way of bringing Godzilla back to the limelight after nearly a decade of dormancy. More monster screentime could be had, true, but now that the worldbuilding's done and exposition is given, we might just go straight into fights with whichever unlucky kaiju steps into Godzilla's way next time.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 08, 2014, 05:34:36 pm »

I agree with godzilla, characters and plot were stupid. Argueably, that is not why you watch godzilla, you watch godzilla for monsters fighting eachother.
I disagree. My father showed me the 1998 Godzilla movie, which was far superior. No monsters fighting each other, but it was still enjoyable. You cared about the characters and when they were in danger. There was suspense, and character development, and plot. That? Now, that is a pretty good movie. If a bit dated.

((hook fro bringing the band together already laid, alucard on it))
What, exactly, is going on there? I'm noticing a distinct lack of contacting other characters, things other characters would care about, or things.

I'm going to be adding a Power Tiers system to the rules. Keep an eye out. It shouldn't matter much, but it may involve lore tweaks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 08, 2014, 05:35:50 pm »

1998 Godzilla- Shit Godzilla movie. Good standalone movie. All I have to say on the matter.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 08, 2014, 05:41:29 pm »

Spoiler: Grimrick's Stuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grimrick Summary (click to show/hide)
Not to complain but you forgot insomnia
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 08, 2014, 06:17:39 pm »

Just saw maleficent. I was rooting for the king.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 08, 2014, 06:29:44 pm »

1998 Godzilla- Shit Godzilla movie. Good standalone movie. All I have to say on the matter.
If it's a good movie with Godzilla, it's a good Godzilla movie. Anyone who says otherwise is kinda being a snob.

Not to complain but you forgot insomnia
I'll fix that.

((Wait, I'm confused, are Kyle and his castle in Lyons or Northdale? He's yelling to Maria and being yelled at in return, but the French Air Force is telling him to land?))
((It's in Lyons, all of Kyle's talking to Maria was through text message))
And yet it looked like he was yelling at Maria a couple times.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 08, 2014, 06:33:27 pm »

And yet it looked like he was yelling at Maria a couple times.

That was him yelling to the news copter
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 08, 2014, 07:29:24 pm »

Edited Alucard's sheet to have more spells. GM, please look over it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 08, 2014, 07:35:57 pm »

What the hell PN?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 08, 2014, 07:37:53 pm »

What?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 08, 2014, 07:39:32 pm »

Are you trying to get my character killed before the game even truly starts?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 08, 2014, 07:56:15 pm »

So here's what I'm thinking of doing as far as Talia goes.

First: I'm redoing her stats, and for good reason. not much will change, though.

Second: DR is still ideally 10/1 native instead of 5/1, due to lower damage thresholds.

Third: Assigning points requires a magic check of x, where x is the points to be allocated THIS TURN, no multiple rolls, all changes have to be done at once, and the expenditure of some sum of mana... this depends on just how much mana people tend to have. I'd say likely just 1 or 2 per point assigned, but this is GM's choice.

also updated the original character post.
So um... any comments from our local GM?

Also, what I meant about racials is that most of the time with GURPS they're considered separate from your character's points as long as they even out, points-wise and make sense as a racial trait.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 08, 2014, 09:18:24 pm »

I made spaghetti. It was delicious. Just like DFC.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 08, 2014, 09:30:47 pm »

KJ, you do realize that stunts like this ARE going to be punished, most likely quite heavily, right?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 685