Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087201 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #4125 on: April 16, 2016, 03:45:11 pm »

Binary releases for DFHack for 0.42.06 are at https://github.com/dfhack/dfhack/releases, as are all releases. It's just marked as a prerelease, and Expwnent hasn't linked to it from this thread.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: April 16, 2016, 03:59:45 pm »

Was that the entire error message? There might be more details in stderr.log.
Given that it works for me, there could be something weird going on with that caravan, so it would be helpful to have that save.

No, now I'm just confusing you:
The plugin from the dfhack build loads fine, the error message I was referring to was me building the stable dfhack and copying the new stock plugin dll i built to dfhack's beta1 version. I didn't realize I was building the stable dfhack.

I can't mark items to trade for any caravan that shows up (in the extended stocks UI, can do it from the trade depot), I can upload a save.

Here is the save:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11948

Okay, the issue is that you have multiple caravans on the map and one has left. Apparently canTrade() checks if all caravans can trade, rather than just one. Should be simple enough to fix.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: April 16, 2016, 06:58:49 pm »

What's the best way to submit suggestions for structure names?

The df.global.world.interaction_instances structure is definitely what associates a region interaction (evil weather) with a region.

The anon_1 variable is the index of the interaction in df.global.world.raws.interactions.

The anon_3 variable is the index of the region in df.global.world.world_data.region.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: April 16, 2016, 07:41:43 pm »

The df.global.world.interaction_instances structure is definitely what associates a region interaction (evil weather) with a region.

The anon_1 variable is the index of the interaction in df.global.world.raws.interactions.

The anon_3 variable is the index of the region in df.global.world.world_data.region.

Fork it, make the change, submit a pull request.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: April 16, 2016, 08:01:08 pm »

Specifically, this:  https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: April 17, 2016, 02:00:25 am »

Sorry, forgot to specify that, but yeah. It's the easiest way and quite helpful having stuff identified.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: April 17, 2016, 01:48:25 pm »

So I'm getting an error...

... and am quite sure it's something I did wrong with onLoad.ini. Could anyone check it (posted below) for what might be causing that, as well any other mistakes that may be present? I'd be deeply grateful.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: April 17, 2016, 03:26:41 pm »

Oh geez that's a lot of stuff. I will look into it. If you can find the full error output that would help. It might be in stderr.log, I forget.

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: April 17, 2016, 11:46:59 pm »

What's the best way to submit suggestions for structure names?...

Specifically, this:  https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures
Thanks! Done!

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: April 18, 2016, 03:18:27 pm »

Oh geez that's a lot of stuff. I will look into it. If you can find the full error output that would help. It might be in stderr.log, I forget.
I modified my copy of item-trigger to fix this error (which has actually been around for ages) a while ago; if I remember correctly, the issue was caused by the script's inability to handle the hardcoded item types, and had a pretty simple solution. However, I never got around to sharing it, primarily because I haven't yet figured out how to use github. Could someone give me a solid explanation regarding how to contribute to dfhack, beyond the simple explanation of "fork, modify, submit pull request"?

As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: April 18, 2016, 04:22:37 pm »

Outside of using git for this stuff (which is somewhat arcane feeling) it's pretty much just following what the button prompts say. While on the dfhack github page there is a little Y shaped symbol labeled fork, click that and it gives you a version on your account, make the changes in your copy, then I think you click compare versions and it gives you the option to submit a pull upstream to the dfhack version. There's an faq I looked through that has this too somewhere but it was in a weird spot as I recall.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: April 18, 2016, 07:13:17 pm »

I modified my copy of item-trigger to fix this error (which has actually been around for ages) a while ago; if I remember correctly, the issue was caused by the script's inability to handle the hardcoded item types, and had a pretty simple solution. However, I never got around to sharing it, primarily because I haven't yet figured out how to use github. Could someone give me a solid explanation regarding how to contribute to dfhack, beyond the simple explanation of "fork, modify, submit pull request"?

The GitHub "hello world" tutorial is simple, but a good place to start.  I suggest grabbing a GUI client - Sourcetree or "Github for windows" are both decent - and then it should be pretty easy.  #dfhack IRC can help more.

Tips:
 - Pull requests for DFHack should be against the "develop" branch, not "master" (the default)
 - Keep the diff minimal - make sure you start with the latest code
 - Ensure documentation is also up to date; for scripts it's all in the file
 - If in doubt, see the "for developers" section of the docs, and/or ask in IRC
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: April 19, 2016, 07:49:55 am »

Thanks for the help! I'll give it a shot.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: April 19, 2016, 10:41:04 am »

Sorry that this took a while, but this is the error output. I also cannot seem to make certain reaction-trigger stuff work, though for some reason it didn't appear in the output.
Spoiler: the one before (click to show/hide)

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zackman0010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: April 19, 2016, 11:54:13 am »

I'm not a developer, just a user. I was just wondering if the latest version of DFHack will eventually be upgraded to full release with the original thread changed. I apologize if this has been asked already, and yes I've seen the pre-release versions that work for the latest version of DF. I'm just curious if they'll ever stop being pre-release versions.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 360